1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crunch them all - open cyanide league in Blood Bowl 1 (LE/CE)

Discussion in 'Blood Bowl 1' started by Netsmurf, Feb 2, 2011.

1. Fallowheart

Fallowheart Active Member

Cyanide Username:
    Fallowheart
    Country Flag:
    yeah it had seemed to work against Boffa so I tried it again... play an' learn lol! I did actually leap into his cage and turn him over on turn 2 (after losing 2
    players right off the bat including a death). Only thing was I failed the 2+ dodge with my thrower to pickup the ball with reroll, then double-skulled the first block on the next turn... and game was over. :p

2. Lebe666

Lebe666 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Sounds familiar... its like Dreamy says for elves..... don't roll 1's the rest is easy. :p

3. Hoverdog

Hoverdog Active Member

Country Flag:
    Looking for a game today.

4. Lebe666

Country Flag:
    Want some more slapping around ?! :D

Check BBM

Scooby Doos
    d6 -6.40
    2d6 -15.65

Horroscope
    d6 4
    2d6 13.04

My brand new Chaos team starts with a win but CW "PISCES-Copat" is killed from surfing... seems the crowd is deadlier than the claw. Scooby Doo wolf went to the manicure and his claws didn't do anything. 2 TDs by Scorpi-Goat & Zodiac Killer (CW)

Last edited: Mar 17, 2013
  5. Hoverdog

Hoverdog Active Member

Country Flag:
    [​IMG]

(my previous match was even better, -12/+15 2d6 rolls)

6. Lebe666

Country Flag:
    The stars don't lie... against HORRORSCOPE any luck is bad ! :cool:

7. Narly Bird

Narly Bird Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Its been ages since i've played anything other than my weekly occ match, so im sorely in need of some practice with another team. I have some free time on Wednesday if anyone is interested in a game. I can play from midnight Tuesday until around 13gmt Wednesday. Shoot me a pm or post here if your up for it.

8. Mordachai

Mordachai Active Member

Cyanide Username:
    Mordachai
    Country Flag:
    Just want to thank Netsmurf for the game we played last night and also point out that the Elfbowlers Inc. WILL defy Nuffle by going to the CC!!! (Got Nuffled big time again.)

9. Netsmurf

Netsmurf Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    Yeah that should have been a win for you, man I play lousy with fever - stupid manflu thingie. Failing a GFI to even the score before first half and then my two dice against blitz ending up:powdodge::powdodge: Boy I was lucky:D

10. Mordachai

Mordachai Active Member

Cyanide Username:
    Mordachai
    Country Flag:
    That particular player has now failed two TDgfi's in a row. He is currently a detriment to the team rather than an asset.

11. Narly Bird

Narly Bird Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    It’s a commonly known fact amongst the more experienced BB players that gfi’s when trying to score have a 50% chance of failure (25% with a rr).

12. Lebe666

Country Flag:
    That is generous... I've seen worse rates depending on the day... :rolleyes: It also usually results in AT LEAST a stun... if not perm injuries and death :skull:

13. Fallowheart

Cyanide Username:
    Fallowheart
    Country Flag:
    This goes along with 1-die blitzes by your opponent that result in :pow: where if they fail to get anything other than :pow:, you score... your runner has a 100% chance to get at least stunned if not KO'd so that you can't just stand up, pick up and score.

14. Mordachai

Mordachai Active Member

Cyanide Username:
    Mordachai
    Country Flag:
    I spent an entire RL league taking notes on my Welf team's gfi rolls. I believe I ended up with a fail rate just slightly shy of 50%. :skull:

Last edited: Mar 18, 2013
  15. danton

danton Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    danton
    Country Flag:
    I could be up for a game around 12pm gmt on Wednesday. My Ogres are back in CTA and have a TV around 1650 if you fancy that. Otherwise I've got a couple of low tv teams (Necro and Underworld) and a few high tv ex-mm teams (darkies, woodies and dwarfs off the top of my head).

16. Lebe666

Country Flag:
    I've dodged (dodge skill) on 3+ instead of a 1 GFI on one occasion... GFI scares me... ;)

Last edited: Mar 18, 2013
  17. Mordachai

Mordachai Active Member

Cyanide Username:
    Mordachai
    Country Flag:
    I'm afraid I'm too much of a statistician to ever willingly choose a 1/9 risk over a 1/36 one... Much to my own detriment it seems.

18. Fallowheart

Cyanide Username:
    Fallowheart
    Country Flag:
    weird isn't it?

and then there are games like my CD's against Lebe... 16/18 GFI's succeeded. and ultimately those were RR'd with sure feet to success.

Side note: i really like Bull Centaurs. They are nice fast and strong with a skill set that most people wouldn't willingly choose, but makes them very lovely.

19. Mordachai

Mordachai Active Member

Cyanide Username:
    Mordachai
    Country Flag:
    Finally managed to score a TD doing gfi's!!! Wheeeee!
    Elfbowlers Inc. has now been moved to the CC! All my other teams (bar the orc one that is destined for CTALE) are fair game if anyone want to play in CTA.

20. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    If you mark your team and click "deactivate" in the bottom right corner, you can't accidentally play them while they are just waiting around. Then just activate them when the time comes (when they move to CTALE or whatever)