Crunch them all - open cyanide league in Blood Bowl 1 (LE/CE)

Vusfnuv

Super Star Player
Country Flag
Ok, if there is no chat room for this league, how do you find MM or challenge games in it?

Narly Bird

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Ok, if there is no chat room for this league, how do you find MM or challenge games in it?

I 2nd Vusfnuvs question. It seems a bit pointless to have such a league if there is no chat room for it. Hopefully Cyanide fixes this one quick. Otherwise i will have to add all the coaches to my coach list and continually scan to see if their online. Then quickly try and message them to see if they want a game. Either that or pre-arrange a match. :(

Fingers crossed its next on the patches list.

Or we can just wait for Coaches one...

jrpeart

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
jrpeart
Cyanide Username
jrpeart
Country Flag
If you go to the Play section and select a team in the league you will see all teams which have coaches who are online, and only those teams. You should then be able to either start a private chat with them or contact them in the public chat.

Thats how Gallows Bait and I organised our attempt at a match. It was unfortunately cut short by an unreliable internet connection.:mad:

Rusty

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Jrpeart's way seems quite decent, alternatively just post on here something like "looking for a game on Sunday, between x and y o'clock GMT" and see who answers. That's what I was planning on doing. I'm disappointed that Cyanide didn't see fit to put in a chat room for each open league though.

Gallows Bait

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Gallows-Bait
Cyanide Username
Gallows Bait
Country Flag
Very sorry about the match dropping jrpeart, it was shaping up to be a very interesting match too.

jrpeart

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
jrpeart
Cyanide Username
jrpeart
Country Flag
Very sorry about the match dropping jrpeart, it was shaping up to be a very interesting match too.

No problem. It led to me getting a MM game with my Necros against a Nurgle team. 4-0 later I got 3 skill ups :). 2 of them doubles :D.

I actually think our match would have been closer and more hardfought. Definitely more fun with flings flying everywhere.

Barninho

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Well I think I've finally crashed.

I'm going to throw a team in there so if any of you are up for a game tomorrow afternoon let me know...

Need to get some practice in for the new season.

Rusty

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
I think I'll be free to play from about 1:30 until 3 (that is, I couldn't start a game later than 3) tomorrow afternoon, if that's any use. I'm itching for another 2-1 loss.

Narly Bird

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
If you go to the Play section and select a team in the league you will see all teams which have coaches who are online, and only those teams. You should then be able to either start a private chat with them or contact them in the public chat.

Thats how Gallows Bait and I organised our attempt at a match. It was unfortunately cut short by an unreliable internet connection.:mad:

Sounds like a decent way to do it until they patch a chat room for open leagues.

@ Netsmurf - I suggest that you edit the first post in this thread to include the instructions above on how to find coaches to play against.

Narly Bird

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
I will be online in about 1.5 to 2 hours if anyone wants a game vs my Goblins from the CCII. I should warn you though that they are on a non-losing streak (haven't lost the last 3 games in a row), so you'd better watch out!

Thats 13:30 to 14:00 GMT that i will be around looking for a match.

Barninho

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Good question. I second that with the Fishy Biscuits... Or do we need to leave the teams in til the tournie is over?

Narly Bird

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Good question. I second that with the Fishy Biscuits... Or do we need to leave the teams in til the tournie is over?

Is this a rhetorical question as i can't help thinking that as one of the admins you should know the answer... :p

IMO I cant see what harm it would do, as if you've already been knocked out of the comp, then it won't effect anything. Better check with the admin first though... :confused:

Last night Barn did me the honour of challenging my Gob team from CCII with his new undead team. My Gobs were on a bit of a roll from last season, having not lost their last 3 games in a row. My tv was also a bit bloated, so he got a wad of inducements.

It was a fun match and my Goblins performed spectacularly. They have now continued their roll to not losing the last 4 matches in a row! Barn also helped with my tv bloat by causing 3 deaths! Luckily the Troll regenerated his death, so can still play for the team, but unfortunately "Hoppa Gubbins" my star Pogoer, will be bouncing no more after dieing and then the apothecary killing him again!

The best thing about the match (other than not losing, which is always a great result as Gobs :D), was having a good chat with Barn during the game. This is one of the main reasons i much prefer playing in Crunch Cup open than in normal mm.

I should be online a lot more from Tuesday, so if anyone thinks they have what it takes to challenge the mighty Pickled Gerkins, then feel free to throw the gauntlet down and we'll have a game!

Rusty

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Last night Barn did me the honour of challenging my Gob team from CCII with his new undead team. My Gobs were on a bit of a roll from last season, having not lost their last 3 games in a row. My tv was also a bit bloated, so he got a wad of inducements.
Just out of curiosity, was this a ranked match that's just been slow to appear on the rankings, or was it unranked?

danton

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
danton
Country Flag
I have some old teams from BB1 that got migrated to Auld World by default, but have yet to play a game since in BB:LE. It could be fun to transfer a couple of those over to the 'Crunch them all' league in order to play some of you guys.

Barninho

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Speaking for me personally Danton, I'd love it if you threw a few teams in. This thing is designed to give all abilities a good education and from what I've heard you can teach most people a trick or two.

Just checked and it's not on the teams record. Presuming it must have been unranked.

Last edited:

danton

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
danton
Country Flag
Threw 4 teams in there - 1 dark elf, 1 skaven, 1 wood elf and 1 dwarf. They are all old and quite well developed teams from BB1.

Always glad to give out tips on things I've learnt Barninho, but also always looking to learn about the game myself too! ;)