1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crunch them all - open cyanide league in Blood Bowl 1 (LE/CE)

Discussion in 'Blood Bowl 1' started by Netsmurf, Feb 2, 2011.

1. Fallowheart

Fallowheart Active Member

Cyanide Username:
    Fallowheart
    Country Flag:
    I'll be around most all day if anyone wants to play a CTA in prep for CCXI.

2. Mordachai

Mordachai Active Member

Cyanide Username:
    Mordachai
    Country Flag:
    Well, I just came home and am looking for CTA games, mainly with the C.Dorfs, but I could take another game for a spin if nothing else comes up.

3. Barmution

Barmution Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Barmution
    Country Flag:
    I'll be looking for a final prep game for Kroxford & Thesauri tonight before they enroll in the CC for reals. Come and get an early shot at the reigning champs, gentlemen! It's now or later :)

4. Lebe666

Lebe666 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Some get a fouling killer team out tonight please ! Preemptively kill those lizards ! :p

5. Hoverdog

Hoverdog Active Member

Country Flag:
    anyone up?

6. Fallowheart

Cyanide Username:
    Fallowheart
    Country Flag:
    The d6 were well unkind to Lebe's SnowWars team as the Haberdashery steamroll them.

5/5 pickups and 16/18 GFI (those bulls are amazing w/ surefeet)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 15, 2013
  7. Lebe666

Country Flag:
    SNOW WARS is no more... after a few disastrous games its all over.

Played against a rookie CD team. He got a Wizard that did nothing. All the rest failed for my Norse Team.

Yhodatee didn't manage more failed Wild Animal rolls because he was stunned loads of times. He rolled 1 for blitzing just about every time but once. 46% of Wild Animal rolls failed... half. This left my Ball carrier exposed many times. Failing a 3 die LOS block too... :skull::bothdown::skull: RR ? Failed too. :rolleyes:

Rolled snakeyes 4 times... 1+2 once... 27% of my rolls were 1's.

3/7 pickup - 7/11 Dodge - 5/8 GFI (talking about having 3 norse with Agi 4... they failed dodge and pickup in droves)

+1 Agility Berserker got a niggle (Apothecary wanted DEAD :skull: ) :rolleyes:

Ulfwerener got killed due to LOS failure of yeti. :skull: as did a lineman. 2 more BH. 4 KO's & 13 stuns !

Dwarves suffered ? 3 stuns

Not playing a Norse team ever again

8. Limdood

Limdood Well-Known Member

Near Chicago, Illinois - in the United States of A
    Country Flag:

Thats how i felt after my first CTALE game vs. Phunbaba's Ogres. You've seen how well they can perform with a few good injury rolls though (and an insane icelandic Yhetee with a taste for lizardmeat!). But i can really sympathize! after my whooping at the hands of those ogres i almost wanted to give up on the team entirely! Now i'm taking them to CCXI (unless Mikko irreparably destroys them. In which case its rookie amazons FTW!)

9. Lebe666

Country Flag:
    I really really really hate loners... no wonder I didn't take a Troll with my OCC Orc team. I did like my Nurgle Beast... but then he had tentacles to make him useful... I will not coach loners if I can avoid those $#!& :(

Played 2nd CTA game and some bad coaching and a bit of bad luck and my High Elves (former division champions THN) lost. Pretty lame playing... but its good to see that HiE can take a bashing and still survive. Only a Wrestle guy got -1 AV

10. Fallowheart

Cyanide Username:
    Fallowheart
    Country Flag:
    Lebe, you and Boffa will be happy to know that i mucked around with a fresh Woodelf team in Auld World (Rainbows & Butterflys), and got summarily trounced by a not that great coach playing Khemri. Proceeded to Pinched Nerve my only Wardancer, Killed a few, BH a lot, gave KO's all around and took them from 990 to 660.

they got deleted. lost 2-0.

11. Sudonym

Sudonym Active Member

Country Flag:
    Anyone going to be around for some CTA this weekend? Need to get 4 more matches on my Darkies so I can get them into the Crunch Cup!

12. Lebe666

Country Flag:
    With no Tree woodies can really suffer initially... I know the elf haters will be happier to hear :rolleyes:

13. Fallowheart

Cyanide Username:
    Fallowheart
    Country Flag:
    oh no... i had the tree. opted for him instead of the second dancer.

take root on turn 3 and knocked down but not gotten up (double bothdown + skull 3-die block on a skelly) rest of the game in the second half. bad bad.

14. Boffa

Boffa Active Member

Country Flag:
    That doesn't make me happy..

15. Lebe666

Country Flag:
    Better two Wardancers... tree is good but two leapers is better... :skull:

16. Narly Bird

Narly Bird Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Sorry i couldnt play you last night, but i had a league match and afterwards was too tired for another game.

I might be up for a match on Sunday around 12:30gmt if you are interested.

17. Mordachai

Mordachai Active Member

Cyanide Username:
    Mordachai
    Country Flag:
    No worries, I finally found a coach I could utterly fail against... I seem to have wronged Nuffle as yet again I leave a game with minimal SPP (7).

First half against Madjesty's Prelf team and a Nuffled catch roll of his leaves the rest of the half a shoving match marred by failing to pick up the ball.

Second half was a smooth walk into his half for three turns, then I saw an opportunity to get easy SPP. TDgfi 1-RR-1, followed by the same hobgoblin BHing himself the following turn. Nuffle then decides to pop the ball out of the pitch shoving it back to the middle of it. 0-1.

3 turns to score an equaliser, but another failed gfi w RR followed by the SH hobgoblin failing to pick up the ball again meant I failed that as well.

End result: 0-1 loss, total of 7 SPP. At least the MVP ended up on a Dwarf so now I have 2 Guard on the team.

Thanks for the game, Madjesty!

18. Barmution

Barmution Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Barmution
    Country Flag:
    You did some weird choices here and there but I was lucky to get two Blitz! events and Nuffle really didn't want you to succeed at any elfballing + that surf you were denied. All in all I felt that I had to fight relatively hard against a team that was majorly underskilled in comparison to my Lizards, so you did a pretty good job. I would try to stay less in contact with the Sauruses, though. As I told you (and BBMan verified) Kroxford & Co don't seem to want to break armor atm ;)

19. Tjorne

Tjorne Member

Cyanide Username:
    .marXman. (BB1), Tjorne (BB2)
    Country Flag:
    I'd like to get a game for my Lizzies in the next 2 hours or so.
    1270 tv plus loner skink, should go to the CC.

Hope to see somenone on the pitch:powdodge:

20. Hoverdog

Hoverdog Active Member

Country Flag:
    I'll happily play in half an hour or so. 1070 necro.