1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CTALE Season 5 Declaration of Interest (Signup thread)

Discussion in 'Crunch Cup' started by Nikolai II, Jan 20, 2015.

1. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    With BBT BBATTL winding down and BB2 not here yet, it's time to check if there's any interest in
    The Crunch Them All League - Exhibition season V

I'll start by explaining what CTALE is, in case there's any newcomers around:

Well, as the name might imply, it is an exhibition league, to allow teams from Crunch Them All to run the circuit and gain some more money or experience before hitting the main stage, the Crunch Cup. (And more importantly, to make a name for themselves and perhaps build up a little bit of rivalry.)

Then I'll mention something about the rules:

The League will have seeded divisions with six teams in every division, meaning the season will be five weeks long. Seeding will be based upon team TV (current and potential) modified by team history and coach history and if possible a nod towards spreading races out for variety.

There will be no play-offs for the League - you are mostly playing for the glory, and the fame. It will probably be nothing but the glory. ;)

Matches will be played weekly, organised via these forums, with the league operating in Classic rules mode with 4 minute turns and standard inducements only.

Since this is a "Semirookie" League, teams will be eligible to enter if they are either:

a) Rookie teams
    b) Rookie teams with up to 6 games played in the Crunch Them All open league
    c) Teams from an earlier CTALE who have played a total of six games or less in CTALE and CTA leagues only.

Teams that have played in the CTALE will be allowed to go on to the Crunch Cup afterwards. They are also eligible to the "two games between seasons" between CTALE and the Crunch Cup (but if you intend to take the team straight on to the CC you might have to hurry, depending upon how soon after the CC starts).

If you would like to enter, please respond below. When filling out the league teams will be accepted in the order of the list. Just provide your coach name, team name and race. You can also apply to the Crunch Them All League - Exhibition in-game, password stale

Team values and eligibility will be reviewed prior to actual admission. Coaches whose teams don't meet the rules for entry will be passed over. (And informed about this.)

Applications should preferably be in as soon as possible.

Once the BBT BBATTL playoffs are over and the league is suitably filled, seeding will commence, and the season should start soon afterwards.

-

So - write your name and preferably your team name too in this thread, so there is an order to admit people in if we do not get even groups of six. (Currently hoping to get six at all ;))

-
    edit:
    BBTs Big BBATTL is now over, so teams could start heading over to the league and applying now.

Applications in this thread closes the 4th of February, but filling out divisions will make it possible to get in after that.

People should apply with their teams in the league before the 6th of February, allowing the weekend to fill out divisions and do the seeding so the season can start by the 9th of February.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2015
  2. Smakapotomus

Smakapotomus Active Member

Cyanide Username:
    Smakapotomus
    Country Flag:
    Coach: Smakapotomus
    Team Name: Salt Of The Earth
    Race: Amazon
    TV: 1000 (Rookie unless CTA adds TV before start)

3. Znarx

Znarx Courier Staff

Cyanide Username:
    Znarx
    Country Flag:
    I'm definitely interested in playing with my CTA Wood Elves, the Pro Local Actor New Team (P.L.A.N.T.). Their TV is somewhere around 1250, but I may have time to catch a few more CTA games before CTALE starts.

4. St Cloud

St Cloud Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    St. Cloud
    Country Flag:
    Yeah the CTALE.

Not sure which Team to take yet though. Either Khorne or Necro.

5. Tjorne

Tjorne Member

Cyanide Username:
    .marXman. (BB1), Tjorne (BB2)
    Country Flag:
    I'm in.

Not sure which team, will probably make a new one.

6. Nikolai II

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Don't worry about TV, that'll all be sorted out when the season begins. (But do try to get a couple of games in, in case there's few applicants)

I'll sign myself up with Chaos or Orcs. Probably the latter.

7. tys123

tys123 Courier Staff

Country Flag:
    I am in

Dwarves
    Short and Stout

8. jounisii

jounisii Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    jounisii
    Country Flag:
    I think I might try this CTALE thingy. Team to be decided but probably UW.

9. Borke

Borke Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Borke
    Country Flag:
    I'm in for the CTALE. Team not completely decided yet, I've got several in CTA that would be eligible. Gonna update when it draws closer :)

10. willpower68

willpower68 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Coach: Willpower68
    Team dorcs(CTA)
    Race: Orcs
    TV: 1000 1400

11. jrpeart

jrpeart Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    jrpeart
    Cyanide Username:
    jrpeart
    Country Flag:
    jrpeart
    Human wrongs Act

12. Dionysian

Dionysian Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Coach: Dionysian
    Team Name: Elves Without Throwers
    Race: Wood Elves

13. Breidr

Breidr Member

Cyanide Username:
    Breidr
    Country Flag:
    Coach: Breidr
    Team: Ale Drinkers Anonymous
    Race: Dwarfs
    Team Value: 1000 + any CTA games I can get in.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2015
  14. jounisii

jounisii Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    jounisii
    Country Flag:
    LOL. At least now I'll get to see this...

15. Nikolai II

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Flix in OCC (and star in tournament circuits as well) runs without throwers, as did magot in SB TT)

You can still move the ball 16 squares with few enough rolls, so it's a solid way to play. I just pay the extra 20k each because they (with some backfield rolling) skill up faster than linemen, and they add another reroll skill when oneturning.

16. akirilus

akirilus Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    I'll look through my CTA teams to see if there are any that are eligible (and that I want to play).

17. Sudonym

Sudonym Active Member

Country Flag:
    I'm in. Will check my CTA teams when I get home.

18. magnus

magnus Active Member

Country Flag:
    Depends a bit on how hte timing is with other leagues, but would like to give this a go wiht a 6 games old chaos team i have in cta

19. Nikolai II

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    The timing is looking like "start a week into February", so a while after OCC starts, and ends halfway into OCC season.

20. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    Hmm might fit nicely into the BC off season I'm tempted now. If you need a spare to fill a group I've got a human team for you, or maybe my rookie Norse.