1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CTALE Season 6 Signup Thread

Discussion in 'Crunch Cup' started by Znarx, Jun 22, 2015.

1. Znarx

Znarx Courier Staff

Cyanide Username:
    Znarx
    Country Flag:
    With just two weeks left in the Crunch Cup, it's time to start getting ready for CTALE VI. The Crunch Cup should wrap up by July 7. We'll try to get CTALE VI kicked off by July 14 or so. Keep in mind that dates are possibly subject to change.

The Crunch Them All League - Exhibition season VI

I'll start by explaining what CTALE is, in case there's any newcomers around:

Well, as the name might imply, it is an exhibition league, to allow teams from Crunch Them All to run the circuit and gain some more money or experience before hitting the main stage, the Crunch Cup. (And more importantly, to make a name for themselves and perhaps build up a little bit of rivalry.)

Then I'll mention something about the rules:

The League will have seeded divisions with six teams in every division, meaning the season will be five weeks long. Seeding will be based upon team TV (current and potential) modified by team history and coach history and if possible a nod towards spreading races out for variety.

There will be no play-offs for the League - you are mostly playing for the glory, and the fame. It will probably be nothing but the glory. ;)

Matches will be played weekly, organised via these forums, with the league operating in Classic rules mode with 4 minute turns and standard inducements only.

Since this is a "Semirookie" League, teams will be eligible to enter if they are either:

a) Rookie teams
    b) Rookie teams with up to 6 games played in the Crunch Them All open league
    c) Teams from an earlier CTALE who have played a total of six games or less in CTALE and CTA leagues only.

Teams that have played in the CTALE will be allowed to go on to the Crunch Cup afterwards. They are also eligible to the "two games between seasons" between CTALE and the Crunch Cup (but if you intend to take the team straight on to the CC you might have to hurry, depending upon how soon after the CC starts).

If you would like to enter, please respond below. When filling out the league teams will be accepted in the order of the list. Just provide your coach name, team name and race. You can also apply to the Crunch Them All League - Exhibition in-game, password stale

Team values and eligibility will be reviewed prior to actual admission. Coaches whose teams don't meet the rules for entry will be passed over. (And informed about this.)

Applications should preferably be in as soon as possible.

2. Znarx

Znarx Courier Staff

Cyanide Username:
    Znarx
    Country Flag:
    Oh, and in case it's not clear, CTALE 6 will be played on BB1, since BB2 isn't out yet.

The first twelve teams are definitely in:
    1. Smakapotomus - Salt of the Earth - Amazon
    2. Netsmurf - Lady Death Rises - Dark Elf
    3. Borke - TBD
    4. WaspEyeLad - Vargs Big Brothers - Norse
    5. Majimbauro - Drunken Philosophers - Human
    6. mamutas - Snake Skins - Lizardman
    7. sbr32 - TBD
    8. Loucyber - Footrot Revivalists - Necro
    9. wire2k - TBD
    10. jrpeart - Human Wrongs Act
    11. Arthur Wynne - Ljosalfheim Lyrists - High Elves
    12. Crimson - TBD

Players after this point may still get in if we have enough signups for a third division, or if someone above drops out:
    13. Drakan2.0 - TBD
    14. Xamnen - TBD
    15. telesien - TBD

Fill-Ins:
    A. Crimsonsun
    B. Nikolai II/Dreamy
    C. Znarx

Last edited: Jul 12, 2015
  3. Smakapotomus

Smakapotomus Active Member

Cyanide Username:
    Smakapotomus
    Country Flag:
    I'm in...not sure who I'll bring.

Salt of the Earth
    Amazon
    TV 1220 (incl MNG Blitzer, clear with CTA)

Last edited: Jun 23, 2015
  4. crimsonsun

crimsonsun Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    crimsonsun
    Country Flag:
    If you've got a odd number of players draft me in to fill a spot if not then don't worry and give my place to someone more deserving. ;)

5. Netsmurf

Netsmurf Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    Sign me up, its about time I tried one of these here Ctales

6. Borke

Borke Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Borke
    Country Flag:
    I can't say exactly which team, haven't looked at the selection yet that I have currently available, but I'm definitely up for another CTALE!

7. WaspEyeLad

WaspEyeLad New Member

Country Flag:
    Is it fine if I make my multiplayer blood bowl debut here?
    If so, I have a team for you.

Vargs Big Brothers
    Norse
    TV 1000

My very first multiplayer blood bowl team.

8. tys123

tys123 Courier Staff

Country Flag:
    You have a couple of weeks before this starts so I suggest you sign the team up to Crunch Them All.
    It is a matchmaking league and you can play up to 6 matches with the team before CTALE starts.

9. akirilus

akirilus Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Not only will doing this give you some hands-on experience at playing other people, it will also give you a chance to develop the team a little before the tournament kicks off. Or it will give you a chance to realize that half your team is now dead/crippled forever, and roll up a new one :) . Definitely give CTA a shot - and welcome aboard!

10. Znarx

Znarx Courier Staff

Cyanide Username:
    Znarx
    Country Flag:
    Yes, it's absolutely fine for you to start in CTALE as a new player. The only thing I will ask is please be committed to playing the full season, which will be 5 games.

As others have mentioned, you can also add this team to the Crunch Them All league, and still use the same team in CTALE as long as you play no more than 6 games in Crunch Them All. You can also create other teams, and play games with them in Crunch Them All as well. If you explain that you're new to the game, most coaches in Crunch Them All will be happy to give you pointers on how to play the game well.

There is one thing I would caution you about. Unless you are an experienced player of Blood Bowl on tabletop, Norse may not be a good race for your first multiplayer team. Norse seem like they would be a good team for new players, but they're actually not. The combination of lots of frenzy and low armor values make Norse very frustrating to play for new players. I usually see Orcs, Undead, Humans recommended for new players.

That said, you are welcome to play any race you want. Welcome to bbtactics!

11. Majimbauro

Majimbauro Member

Cyanide Username:
    Majimbauro
    Country Flag:
    If there's still a spot, I would like to put some rookie humans on the line for a change:

Team: Drunkard Philosophers
    Race: Human(TV 970)
    Coach: Majimbauro

Made this team a while a go to put them in Auld for some gags, but realized that they're too cool for that!:p
    Here we can have a far better experience playing against some fair chaps without DCers and Farmers!:D

12. mamutas

mamutas Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    mamutas
    Cyanide Username:
    mamutas
    Country Flag:
    Hi,

I would like to apply.
    I got 'Snake Skins' team of Lizardmen, brand new and shiny.
    My in game coach name is 'Mamutas Plaukotas'.
    Applied for the league already.

See y'all on the pitch!

13. Borke

Borke Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Borke
    Country Flag:
    I think the best fitting team I have currently available are my Chaos Genome Project, sitting at 1240 TV with 6 games played in CTA.

14. Znarx

Znarx Courier Staff

Cyanide Username:
    Znarx
    Country Flag:
    There's still another week or two to sign up for this thing. I've updated the second post in this thread with the current sign-up list.

15. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    I think my orcs "Sgt Peppers Lonely Hearts" are valid for a go as a filler team.

16. sbr32

sbr32 Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    sbr32
    Country Flag:
    I'll play, probably with my Dark Elf Pirates or as a Lizard team that has not even been created yet.

17. Znarx

Znarx Courier Staff

Cyanide Username:
    Znarx
    Country Flag:
    I also have various teams I can fill in with, if we need to fill out a division. I actually really want to play, but I'm going to be out of town three weekends in a row in August, which will make scheduling matches difficult.

18. Tjorne

Tjorne Member

Cyanide Username:
    .marXman. (BB1), Tjorne (BB2)
    Country Flag:
    I'm afraid I have to pass this CTALE, because I expect to be at least one, probably two or three weeks out. Will be back for the next CC, and in between for CTA.

Have fun!

19. St Cloud

St Cloud Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    St. Cloud
    Country Flag:
    Same with me i'm afraid

20. Loucyber

Loucyber Member

Country Flag:
    I will give this a try with a to be created Necro team - which will be named Footrot Revivalists.

Going to sign up for the open league; no worries if you cannot fill up 2 divisions.