1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cyanide Reddit AMA

Discussion in 'Blood Bowl 2' started by Kalick, Oct 7, 2015.

1. Kalick

Kalick Member

Cyanide Username:
    Kalick
    Country Flag:
  2. sbr32

sbr32 Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    sbr32
    Country Flag:
  3. Kalick

Kalick Member

Cyanide Username:
    Kalick
    Country Flag:
    The most surprising thing coming out of the AMA was a hint that Slann is going to be added, and probably one of the earlier DLC teams.

4. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    Slann is awesome, good call

5. LloydsGamble

LloydsGamble Active Member

Cyanide Username:
    LloydsGamble
    Country Flag:
    I figure they are trying to tempt over more BB1 players with new rosters like Bretonnians, Slann and Chaos Pact (someone found data on them in the game files).

Makes sense I guess, although the AMA didn't leave me confident that we'll see all the BB1 races added too

6. mamutas

mamutas Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    mamutas
    Cyanide Username:
    mamutas
    Country Flag:
    That is again, a strange move in my opinion. Even without doing any work at BB1, maintaining the servers and paying for the bandwidth is time and money consuming. I see their will to pull more players to BB2, but I don't see how they will manage to do it with what they are doing.
    Let's hope that they don't just shutdown BB1 out of sudden...

7. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    I'm pretty certain they will, it just won't be in their interest to keep payig for server costs on a game that isn't generating almost any revenue snd may in fact be reducing the revenue BB2 generate. The question is when. I'd hope it stays live for another year or so.

8. Mephiston

Mephiston Member

Country Flag:
    I would be surpriced if they keeped the BB1 servers on for more then 6 more months.

And I would not be all that surpriced or shocked if they shut them down earlier, like around New Year or something.

9. cjblackburn

cjblackburn Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    cjblackburn
    Country Flag:
    They seem to be trying to appear to listen to the community more this time round. So it would surprise me if they shut the servers down before a substantial proportion of the DLC is out. It would look bad and cause alot of agro if there were lots of teams that can't be played on one of their games.

Also I can't be the only one who has bought an old game in a sale because I liked the sequel. By this point anyone buying a copy is basically giving them profits.

There will be a tipping point when it is no longer viable to run servers I just am not sure it will come soon although you never know.

10. sbr32

sbr32 Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    sbr32
    Country Flag:
    I forget the exact quote but during the ana they said they had no intention of turning the bb1 servers off any time soon

Here it is:

"The servers for BB1 will be availiable for lots more time to come, but it's unlikely more content will be added to the game."

Last edited: Oct 9, 2015