1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cyanide's BB2 World Cup Open Leagues

Discussion in 'Blood Bowl 2' started by Jav, Feb 11, 2016.

1. Jav

Jav Active Member

Steam Username:
    Javelin
    Cyanide Username:
    javelin
    Country Flag:
    I entered a dark elf team "Elvin Coal" to the Cyanide Wold Cup Open league. This is the league that will have the top 5 teams (that have played between 5 and 20 matches) get tickets to the BB2 World Cup.

I was able to win the match 2-0 against an Orc squad, but my runner died and a blitzer got -STR!

I have 80K after the match. Should I buy an apoth, replace the runner, or just go with loners and save up for a new blitzer?

2. notafunhater

notafunhater Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    notafunhater
    Country Flag:
    If you're set on keeping the team after that horrible first game (I would just recreate the team), buy an Apo and save to replace the blitzer while sticking with cannon fodder loners. Runners aren't that great on a starting DaE team.

3. Jav

Jav Active Member

Steam Username:
    Javelin
    Cyanide Username:
    javelin
    Country Flag:
    I'm a bit confused about the minimum of 5 games rule. What is the purpose of the rule? There are obviously going to be teams with 20 matches that have far more points than any teams with only 5 matches. I was sort of assuming that it meant you needed to play at least 5 matches with any team you enter into the league (to prevent constant rerolls of any teams that lose a match). But the rules don't explicitly state that...

The rule states A coach can have as many teams as he wants in the ladder, but each team must play at least five matches and a maximum of 20 matches.

Although it then says any team with more than 20 matches will be disqualified, but it does not list a punishment for a team with less than 5 matches, and a punishment of disqualification of the team wouldn't matter anyway... The only punishment that could make the rule meaningful would be disqualifying the coach from that months competition, but I would think they would have to state that explicitly.

In any case I plan to follow the rule to the letter.

4. Jav

Jav Active Member

Steam Username:
    Javelin
    Cyanide Username:
    javelin
    Country Flag:
    Netheos answered my question about the rule on the official forums:

It's clearly not the most useful rule of the competition. We wanted to set a low limit to the number of matches before studying the functioning of the ranking, but with the current tie-breaker rules (which give the priority to victories), it's indeed pretty useless.

A team need to have played at least 5 games to qualify its coach, but you aren't forced to play 5 games per team.

jujuzombie likes this.
  5. 20phoenix

20phoenix Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    20phoenix
    Country Flag:
    What are peoples experiences of this so far? I have noticed that the standard of coach you play is noticeably higher from regular MM which is a good thing. However theres so many frigging dwarves! They've made up about half of my games so far - a crazy percentage.

6. notafunhater

Cyanide Username:
    notafunhater
    Country Flag:
    Time for some kill Chaos it seems! Early on it was all elves, I think dwarves is the meta response to that. Plus a lot of people are just using dwarves to grief other teams by intentionally drawing against them.

7. Jav

Jav Active Member

Steam Username:
    Javelin
    Cyanide Username:
    javelin
    Country Flag:
    That's funny. I faced a lot of dwarf teams early, but lately its been all orcs and wood elves I've faced. I've yet to face a skaven, high elf, or chaos team. I think I've seen one human team.

8. notafunhater

Cyanide Username:
    notafunhater
    Country Flag:
  9. SlyAnimal

SlyAnimal Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    PapaNasty
    Country Flag:
    Yeah I saw those, I had thought that the TDs scored etc would only be used as a tiebreaker for teams tied on the ingame ladder, but it seems that a rule of "total wins" applies first. So it's not completely about winning streaks after all and more about your total wins over 20 games, so you don't necessarily need to delete a team if it goes say 10-0-1 or even 10-0-2 so long as you can win the next few games.