1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ogre Da Crimson Fists - OCC

Discussion in 'Team Blogs' started by Jbecks, Mar 22, 2014.

1. Jbecks

Jbecks Member

Cyanide Username:
    jbecks
    Country Flag:
    [​IMG]

My first BBT blog! I rolled ogres in OCC again, I did coach ogres for four seasons as soon as LE was released, and I find Ogres to be one of the most fun teams to play, mostly down the sheer unpredictability of them, a game plan that is incredibly dynamic! ( posh for saying, made up on the spot!) and for the sheer ability to smash the hell out of people! and playing with 7 ogres (inc morg) is to much fun to pass up on! although it was close choice between Goblins and Underworld but I play with gobos in the CC and I intend to take Underworld into the BC. As you can see, apart from pro elfs and skaven I mostly enjoy the fun teams instead of being ultra competitive!

Last time, I started with 6 ogres and no rerolls, but this time I may elect for 5 ogres and one reroll leaving me 110k if I remember to put towards my 6th ogre.

[​IMG]

I could not have asked for a better starting division to be honest, with lots of fun matches ahead of me, I face the following teams;

Underworld
    Underworld
    Halflings
    Chaos
    Chaos Dwarfs
    Orcs
    Skaven
    Lizards
    Wood Elfs

I predict I will mostly be telling you how I lost, but every now and then nuffle will bless my violent ways after sacrificing enough of the opponents players to the graveyard and give me a win! hopefully against dark elfs! but it will be fun!

Last edited: Mar 30, 2014
  2. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    Good luck Jb. Be interested to hear how 1 re-roll works out for you.

3. Jbecks

Jbecks Member

Cyanide Username:
    jbecks
    Country Flag:
    last time I went 0 rerolls, my best season was when I had 0 rerolls :p

4. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    I know that :) wanna see how you think 1 RR build compares.

5. jounisii

jounisii Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    jounisii
    Country Flag:
    Good to see you back in the saddle Jb. Even tho pro community misses you, I guess all of them wish you bestest of luck.

6. Jbecks

Jbecks Member

Cyanide Username:
    jbecks
    Country Flag:
    Thanks jounisii! I will and do miss playing Pro elfs they are one of my fav teams but I got to tier 2 and got the first pro elf legend! :D so I was happy! The pro elf community is great in the occ..but then after all...they do have the hottest wives and throw the best parties!

7. Jbecks

Jbecks Member

Cyanide Username:
    jbecks
    Country Flag:
    My first week's opponenet is Tydog and his rookie chaos team,

4 CW
    8 goats
    3 rr

I went 6 ogres.....no rerolls baby!

[​IMG]

My game plan;

1) Turn the goats into lamb chops
    2) Score more touchdowns than Tydog, thus enabling me to win!
    3) party with hot chicks and beer at the after party!

Last edited: Mar 23, 2014
  8. Everblue

Everblue Active Member

Country Flag:
    You don't fancy spending 50k of your 110k left over to buy an apo? Might hurt a bit if one of your ogres gets an unlucky boot to the face early on...

9. Jbecks

Jbecks Member

Cyanide Username:
    jbecks
    Country Flag:
    First match against a rookie chaos team,

[​IMG]

The game went well, I punched my way up the field to score on turn 8, a slight mistake caused me having to make two gfis and a hand off to score, which nuffle granted. On my opponents drive the ball landed right by the los and some chaos dodging and dancing with some passes got them the equalizer. Then on my drive I made a mistake on my turn fifteen which prevented me from reaching the end zone by running the ball in so instead I had to try a TTM which failed :D and injured a snot! :D

I think my opponent started getting a bit frustrated with the dice and started basing my ogres, which resulted in me opening their armour like a tin can:D one dead, two badly hurt and another was KO'd :D one of my ogres got the mvp who also caused an injury and I received 70k in winnings. I now have a total of 80k towards my first reroll....yay! :D with wood elfs next week, the general game plan will be punch them all in the face, foul anyone on the floor and hope to steal the win or just get aload of spp on my ogres through injuries, as they will beat me!

Last edited: Mar 30, 2014
  10. Jbecks

Jbecks Member

Cyanide Username:
    jbecks
    Country Flag:
    Dangerous Dave rolled normal, so I gave him Break tackle. Pile On was tempting :D

11. Jbecks

Jbecks Member

Cyanide Username:
    jbecks
    Country Flag:
    MD 2 wil see me against wood elfs, my game plan is simple it's the following;

1) score more touchdowns than him, thus winning the game and bathing in gold and babes.

Anyone have any advice?

12. Phunbaba

Phunbaba Active Member

Cyanide Username:
    Phunbaba
    Country Flag:
    Don't be afraid to move your snots through TZs to maximize your number of 3d blocks or make surfing easier if they're against the sideline for whatever reason.* Make use of that BT to blitz and/or reposition. Developed Ogere teams aee surprisingly mobile. And use that 80 k you have to get more snots (at least up to where you'll have 30~40k more TV than him.. Snots fall like flees and can foul quite well. Two reasons to have plenty off them.

* I once recall a sideline cage I flooded with snots. Then came the Ogre blitz to hit one of the guard corners. I forget if it worked or not but if it did I freed up the ball. :D

Last edited: Apr 2, 2014
  13. Jbecks

Jbecks Member

Cyanide Username:
    jbecks
    Country Flag:
    The game went just how one would expect against wood elfs, I lost 2-0 :D I did roll what seemed an unusually high amount of boneheads in the first half, which did balance out last weeks of rarely failing a bonehead. I caused a few ko's and stuns, 2 badly hurts and gave a war dancer a serious concussion... My opponents can thank me for that one :D next week I face Underworld which should be a really fun game! and could see my first win of the season if I get some good armour/injury rolls on the rats and manage to secure the ball.

14. Boffa

Boffa Active Member

Country Flag:
    0 reroll Ogres, unlucky you only lost 2-0 rather then 5-0 for all those bonus los hits :D

No pressure but I wanna see a snotling in the Tome!

15. Jbecks

Jbecks Member

Cyanide Username:
    jbecks
    Country Flag:
    I tried with Mitch da bomb and although he survived 31 games and reached level 4, he still did not achieve much :) but getting a snotling into the tomb is a goal :)

16. Boffa

Boffa Active Member

Country Flag:
    I remember Mitch.. better try for a lvl 5 ;)

17. St Cloud

St Cloud Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    St. Cloud
    Country Flag:
    Hey getting Snots into the Tomb shouldn't be that hard? :p Its the Tome that makes it tough....

18. Jbecks

Jbecks Member

Cyanide Username:
    jbecks
    Country Flag:
    Also pretty good is that only after two games I got my first reroll, which eqautes to some pretty good match winnings rolls :D as they cost 140k each and I had 10k in the bank from the start :D