Underworld Danish Open 2021

Netsmurf

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Netsmurf
Country Flag
I am able to attend the DO this October and I will play Underworld as that is the last of the classic races I have yet to try in a tourney.

2020 rules!

Normal 1.1 mill resurrection and SPP according to tier.

Special rule for Stars:
If both teams have the same star the star is not playing that game.
You have to spend 18 SPP to get Star access.
If you spend SPP for stars, then you can´t use SPP for team building.

Underworld are Tier 3 and get 54 SPP.

All teams get Star player points (SPP) to purchase skills
A chosen Primary skill can be given to a rookie player for 6 SPP.
A chosen Secondary skill can be given to a rookie player for 12 SPP.
A player that has already been given one Skill, can be given a second Skill in the form of:
  • a chosen Primary Skill for another 8 SPP.
  • or a chosen Secondary Skill for another 14 SPP.
  • No player can be given more than two extra skills.

Idea for Top of the Underworld roster:

1 x Troll - .............Block 12 SPP - 115 k
1 x Gutter runner - Block ..6 SSP - .85 k
1 x Thrower - ..............................85 k
3 x Goblins - Two heads .18 SPP - 120 k
6 x Snotlings - .............................90 k

.................................................495 k

18 SPP used for stars access

Hakflem Skuttlespike - ................180 k
Varag Ghoul-Chewer - .................280 k

2 Rerolls - .................................140 k
1 First Cheerleader.........................5 k

Total .......................................1.1 mill

Any input is appreciated.

tys123

Courier Staff
Country Flag
I would switch one of the 2 heads for block on the thrower.
The reason is if Varag is based then blitzing with a block thrower is better than blitzing with Hakflem or a suboptimal blitz with the gutter somewhere you can get 2 assists.

Also Varag is nice but is not sure he better than Glart and a blitzer

Netsmurf

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Netsmurf
Country Flag
I would switch one of the 2 heads for block on the thrower.
The reason is if Varag is based then blitzing with a block thrower is better than blitzing with Hakflem or a suboptimal blitz with the gutter somewhere you can get 2 assists.

Also Varag is nice but is not sure he better than Glart and a blitzer
I took Varag be course I think that he will play every game and he is reliable ST5.
Hakflem as I hope to stop Hakflem spam, and my team can work without him. There have been a tendency in the last tourneys to spam Hakflem.
Block on the thrower is a good option, I will have to think about it.
Cheers Tys

Netsmurf

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Netsmurf
Country Flag
Another option is Leader on thrower, 1 Reroll, drop a snotling and get the Blitzer???

tys123

Courier Staff
Country Flag
I think that is even better than block.
You still have a ST3 block player to blitz with but have an extra ST3 player instead of a snot.

Netsmurf

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Netsmurf
Country Flag
So far the roster looks like this:

1 troll with block
1 blitzer with either guard/MB/tackle
1 thrower with Leader
1 gutter with block
3 goblins
5 snots - 1 with Sneaky git

Varag Ghoul-chewer
Hakflem Skuttlespike

1 Reroll

Sneaky git as it have improved a lot in 2020 rules and you are able to continue movement after fouling.

Netsmurf

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Netsmurf
Country Flag
Just found out that guard gives assists on fouls. And since I can´t face Hakflem, I will take guard on the skaven blitzer.

Coach

Administrator
Head Coach
Country Flag
Good luck!

Bit confused by "If you spend SPP for stars, then you can´t use SPP for team building."

To me that sounds like if you take star players at all then you can't take any skills? Or does that just mean the 18SPP you spent for star player access can't also be spent on skills?

Netsmurf

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Netsmurf
Country Flag
Good luck!

Bit confused by "If you spend SPP for stars, then you can´t use SPP for team building."

To me that sounds like if you take star players at all then you can't take any skills? Or does that just mean the 18SPP you spent for star player access can't also be spent on skills?
It meant that you were not allowed to use gold for team creation, so you could not go over 1.1 mill TV if you wanted stars.

Last edited:

Netsmurf

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Netsmurf
Country Flag
The ruleset was horrible, never ever am I going to play with 2020 rules that allow 2 stars on teams. The lowering of price combined with boosting of stars was so wonky. +2 MB!!!!
Off the 6 games I had 3 good ones, with no dice dominance for either part and then I had 3 games were we might as well could have seen who won by rolling highest on a D6. So not nearly as fun as it used to be to play TT.

Coach

Administrator
Head Coach
Country Flag
On the whole I like the 2020 rules, though there are some odd changes that have reversed rules that came about during the living rule book era. The prices of star players being one of them.

I had also underestimated how good +2 Mighty Blow would be as it has been so long since Razor Sharp Claws was removed.

tys123

Courier Staff
Country Flag
I think there is something wrong with the format/rules if Flings are arguably the best team.

Netsmurf

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Netsmurf
Country Flag
I think there is something wrong with the format/rules if Flings are arguably the best team.
This format was Underworlds all over the place, I just ran into flings and snots and got clean pitched. The other Underworlds steered clear of those - 4 out of 5 in the top. Against normal teams I had a good chance.

danton

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
danton
Country Flag
It seems quite clear to me that MB +2 and cheaper stars are the main problem. At least GW has already taken some steps regarding the costing of some stars and TOs can obviously shape things with their rulesets.

Netsmurf

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Netsmurf
Country Flag
It seems quite clear to me that MB +2 and cheaper stars are the main problem. At least GW has already taken some steps regarding the costing of some stars and TOs can obviously shape things with their rulesets.
True that, I foresee a lot of 0-1 star only rules, I did like the Highlander rule though - only trouble is that I had not noticed the +2MB had returned. Else I would have had Morg.

Silfuin

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Silfuin
Country Flag
Forgive me if I am not up to date, never played BB2020 and just read the rules, so how can you have MB+2?