1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dead players CCIV

Discussion in 'Crunch Cup' started by Netsmurf, Mar 11, 2011.

1. Netsmurf

Netsmurf Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
  2. Netsmurf

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    MarrowMuncher had a short but vivid career, hurting a gobbo and scoring and dieing in his rookie match. He was a true hero and will soon be raised from the graveyard as a zombie, we feel we owe him that much. May he enjoy the vacation:skull:

3. Narly Bird

Narly Bird Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Thats tough to see your 5SPP Ghoul get killed. I'm not looking forward to my Elves match vs Nurgle. Fingers crossed no deaths there.

4. Netsmurf

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    I got 6 SPP on another ghoul with +ST now, and 7 SPP on one of the wights so all on all I survive:D

5. coachman

coachman Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    bjj hero
    Country Flag:
    Redbeard of the Saucy Pirates has defected to a better team...

After a nasty cold he is now a Rot Weiler. It is surprising more didnt join him.

Although I turned over again and again while blocking and the beast spent most of his time playing with his own snot we managed a lot of chaos... Not so many touchdowns... Or any form of defence though.

Attached Files:

6. Narly Bird

Country Flag:
    Yes, it was a particularly painful match for me, although i did do ok in offense. Whilst your block dice were quite terrible (at least in causing you turnovers, if not in injuring me) i was quite annoyed at the ref. Coachman was quite liberal with the boot, fouling me 7 times during the match! The ref called the 7th foul, which was on turn 16. Yeah, thanks a lot ref! :rolleyes:

And whilst i will sorely miss Redbead (dead line-elf), I must say the animation for nurgle claiming his soul was really cool! :D

7. coachman

Cyanide Username:
    bjj hero
    Country Flag:
    I could have been much worse, either 2 or 3 times you rolled perfect defence to kick saving you some pain on the LOS. You are right though, I appreciated the refs determination to let the lads play on. some Refs are obsessed with their own power, stopping the game for any reason to wave cards around...

Last edited: Mar 20, 2011
  8. Netsmurf

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    Only four deads in day one:confused:

9. Rav3n73

Rav3n73 Member

Country Flag:
    Don't worry, I'm sure my team will hold the record for the most deaths. :(

10. Netsmurf

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    Not a single dead in day 2:confused:

11. John McGuirk

John McGuirk Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    As the apothecaries (who always seem to be on vacation at the start of a season, damn docs and their golfing holidays) take up positions on an increasing number of teams, the casualty rate is sure to fall.

Does anyone know why the French for Lineman is three-quarters (trois-quart)? Presumably because, for most starting teams at least, the positionals account for around a quarter of the team/squad - but does it come from any particular tradition or sport?

12. Gallows Bait

Gallows Bait Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Gallows-Bait
    Cyanide Username:
    Gallows Bait
    Country Flag:
    Google and Wikipedia seem to indicate the term is rugby related (I've not played rugby since school so I don't have first hand knowledge).

Half-back, Three-quarter-back and Full-back relating to positions of players down the pitch depending on the depth of field used in a formation, so collectively some of the centre and wing players may be known as three quarters.

This seems to have an equivalence to Lineman for the French I suppose - Lineman after all being a predominantly American Football term.

13. Netsmurf

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    Final some dead players after that horrible day two with no fatals we got two, we like:D

14. Etheric

Etheric Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Etheric
    Country Flag:
    Yeah shame your wight made his regen roll thoguh, otherwise we could have had 3 :D :skull:

15. Creamster

Creamster Member

Country Flag:
    My Apoth saved another! Dirty elves and their dirty fouling,,, :rolleyes:

16. Narly Bird

Country Flag:
    They had a lot of pent up anger at all the casualties they had been suffering and the Lineman obviously let it out when he put the boot into your Blitzer! :D

17. Rav3n73

Rav3n73 Member

Country Flag:
    Smash and Smash added another to the list last night, :p That Ghoul went down old school. :D

18. Creamster

Creamster Member

Country Flag:
    The list isn't that surprising to me - Elf, Snot, Ghoul, Elf, Ghoul etc. Ahh Redbeard the player who died twice :skull:

19. coachman

Cyanide Username:
    bjj hero
    Country Flag:
    To die once is unlucky. To die twice is just careless. It is a shame he didn't die against necro for a 3rd shot a greatness.

20. Narly Bird

Country Flag:
    If i ever get enough money and already have all the positionals, i will buy a new lineelf and name him in honour of Redbeard. But i was wondering that since he has died twice, should the new one be Redbeard the 2nd or Redbeard the 3rd? :D