1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Delete Post function please?

Discussion in 'Site News, Bug Reports and Questions' started by Viajero, Mar 8, 2012.

1. Viajero

Viajero Active Member

Country Flag:
    Most forums have such a function. Very useful when you do a double post by mistake, or when one´s post gets ninja´ed, or simply because you think your post is not relevant anymore.

In some forums the delete function is permanently available, in others it is active for a limited time period, etc One way or another it would be very useful.

FWIW!

2. Coach

Coach Administrator Head Coach

Country Flag:
    I'll look into adding a temporary one, perhaps 30 mins ?

I've been on forums where users can delete their posts at any time and a prolific poster got annoyed and ended up deleting all his posts which made loads of threads no longer make sense. So I'm not going to enable that.

It will have to wait until next week though as I'm busy right now. If I don't do it, post a reminder as I may well forget!

Until then you can always report a post to get it marked for deletion.

3. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Well, then I'll report my misposts when I spot them, it's good enough for me. :D

4. Darkson

Darkson Member

Cyanide Username:
    Darkson
    Country Flag:
    Don't most forums allow post deletion as long as no-one has replied to that thread?

5. Coach

Country Flag:
    There should now be a 30 minute time limit to edit posts for all users.

6. Lebe666

Lebe666 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Dam... that is not good :(

I edit my first post in Team Blogs in order update team Rosters... now they are all frozen.

7. Gallows Bait

Gallows Bait Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Gallows-Bait
    Cyanide Username:
    Gallows Bait
    Country Flag:
    Agreed, same issue on the OCC coaches thread, which is usually updated on the front page.

Not sure this is the intended effect?? :confused:

8. Coach

Country Flag:
    Not that I've seen, not at least without a mod of some kind or editing the code directly.

I've turned edit post time restriction off, there doesn't seem to be a similar option for deleting posts though, will have to stick to just reporting them and mods can deal with it.

I've had a look for a mod with more flexible features though as of yet nothing suitable has shown up.