1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Deside on CCV

Discussion in 'Crunch Cup' started by Netsmurf, Jun 2, 2011.

?

What should CCV be like

Poll closed Jun 23, 2011.
  1. Like CCIV with two stages before playoffs and rookie teams

5 vote(s)
    19.2%
  2. 1 groupestage before playoffs and rookie teams

8 vote(s)
    30.8%
  3. A cup with access for old teams as well, final format to be desided later

10 vote(s)
    38.5%
  4. Extended inducements YES

4 vote(s)
    15.4%
  5. Extended inducement NO

18 vote(s)
    69.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Netsmurf

Netsmurf Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    Its time to deside and I venture into the unknown and try to set up a poll:rolleyes:

You can answer more than once, please do not answer more than 2 times. Once for format and once for inducements.

EDIT: the poll runs for tree weeks so it should end around june 24 or something like that

Last edited: Jun 3, 2011
  2. Thanatos

Thanatos Member

Country Flag:
    I'm surprised that a Cup is so popular.
    Aren't Cup's a knock out tournament so if you lose your first match you are out of CCV!

3. Netsmurf

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    We are FIFA inspired so normaly there is a groupe stage before the cup fase:pow:

4. Gallows Bait

Gallows Bait Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Gallows-Bait
    Cyanide Username:
    Gallows Bait
    Country Flag:
    FIFA inspired? So corrupt and totalitarian with a sham democracy? Sounds like I should try out Skaven "Blatter's Ratters" maybe. ;)

5. Thanatos

Thanatos Member

Country Flag:
    Would that mean the difference between option 2 and 3:
    Option 2: Group Stage followed by Play-off Stage. New Teams
    Option 3: Group Stage followed by Knock-out Stage. Pre-existing Teams

Surely Rookie Vs Existing Teams should be a whole other set of options?

6. Doomy

Doomy Member

Country Flag:
    What are the general rules for this? Coach/team eligibility, match frequency etc.

If I need a referral there are a few guys on here who can supply credentials. ;)

7. Gallows Bait

Steam Username:
    Gallows-Bait
    Cyanide Username:
    Gallows Bait
    Country Flag:
    So far CCs have featured 1 game per week and been open for all forum members, I think.

So far the format has been variable but as far as I am aware always new teams, so this could be the first change.

I suspect if old teams are allowed it may be for previous CC teams or possibly ones from the Crunch Them All open league as a number of CC teams moved into their after previous cups.

At least that's how I would do it. :D

8. Barninho

Barninho Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    i misunderstood when you said to vote twice and only checked no to extended inducements.

I would have voted for option 1 though. I quite fancy everyone starting with new rosters although saying that, I'm spoiled for choice with the two teams i could use in good shape if we don't go that way. Just historically it's been fun watching the challengers develop from the same point for me.

One problem with allowing the former teams in or teams from Crunch 'em all would be if they have played games since. I mean technically we could end up with a team who've played twenty games more than anyone else if we let in the CTA teams. Not saying I'm against it 100% but I think thoughts need to be thunk about where we draw the line.

Doomy, since I've been in the CC we've accepted anyone with an interest and no reference needed. There have been people who won't be welcome twice though without going into specifics. You'll get in no problem even though we know you.

I'm with Thanatos on the poll. The poll splits people voting for new teams into two formats. There are more votes for starting with new teams at present if you tally those options together, but a competition with old teams of any sort is more popular than either of these options on their own. I worry the results of the poll may not truly be reflective of the majority view.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2011
  9. Viajero

Viajero Active Member

Country Flag:
    Why you guys mixing CTA with CC? I think they are separate things.

When I said old teams what I meant (at least me:p) was simply being able to carry a team that has played the previous CC season to the next, that is all. Division 1, Division 2, a couple groups in each etc, similar to OCC in some aspects of its philosophy but at a smaller scale, only 2 divisions (CTA is something completely different and separate in my mind).

Please remember also that option 3 is not exclusive of having new teams. With a 2 tier system for example the great thing is that both options are available to all of us: You want to keep your old team? Great because you can, you ll start in Division 1 or 2 depending on your results in the previous season (promotions, demotions) taking into account empty spots eventually left by players rolling new teams. You want to start a new team? Well you can aswell! You will start in one of the groups in Division 2.

This system is a great middleground between those that want the choice to keep the team and those that want to start new ones. Each Division would have at least 2 groups so there could be playoffs in each Division etc. Seen that the poll is almost 50% divided between those that only want new teams and those that want the choice to keep old teams I believe it is a good compromise.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2011
  10. Gallows Bait

Steam Username:
    Gallows-Bait
    Cyanide Username:
    Gallows Bait
    Country Flag:
    I mentioned it mainly because a lot of old CC teams got retired into that league when previous CC ended, so that is where several older teams are sat right now and for the most part haven't played many if any matches.

11. Doomy

Doomy Member

Country Flag:

I'm glad my reputation doesn't present too much of an obstacle. :p

I'll wait and see how the voting turns out, and make my decision once I know the schedule. Don't want to end up biting off more than I can chew.

12. Vusfnuv

Vusfnuv Member

Country Flag:
    Hmmm....
    9 for all-new teams, 8 for preserving old teams. Quite close.

But at least the question with extended inducements seems to be answered. Most are against it.

13. Netsmurf

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    Might be a good idea and please do not mention the Refs, we almost never appoint them to get the results we want - thats a fact:powdodge:

Well I for one would accept you and hope to steal another game from you;)

Match frequency is one match a week, so far it has only been rookie teams and you can choose any team you want to enter. This might change though if former CC teams are allowed in the next cup.

The CTA was created at first be course I wanted a place to play my old CC teams and then it also seemed like a good idea to get coaches from this site into an open league format. For me CTA teams are also welcome, I do not think any of the teams are farmed, but hey I only get a game every two months there, so it would be hard for me to farm anything but slow growing rocks and stuff:D

If a cup with old CC teams was the winner, then I think that perhaps we would make a groupe stage where the old teams played each other and the new teams played each other and then they all meet in the knockout fase and we see if a surprice young one can come along:pow:

Last edited: Jun 5, 2011
  14. Drandimere

Drandimere New Member

Country Flag:
    I'd love to be able to join for CCV when it starts. Using the same teams would be awesome for me, as I don't tend to re-roll that often.

I'll stick my Orcs into the CTA league next time I'm on, get some practice games in.

15. Narly Bird

Narly Bird Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    I also made the same mistake as Barn in that I clicked Yes to extended inducements and then submit, thinking I could vote for something else again. But it doesn’t matter that much really and at the end of the day it’s the admin’s call (I don’t envy him as it seems things are really evenly split). Actually, there’s a lot to be said for the military junta style admin that we ran in CCII (a big thanks to Coachman and Thanatos for helping me with that one). Democracy schmocracy I say!

Regarding CTA teams, I would be quite happy to be able to play as either my Gobs from CCII who are currently in CTA or a Vamp team I have in CTA that was started fresh but has a lot of games under their belt now. Both are at highish tv’s (around 1500 from memory) but as they are both tier 3 I think that even a tv 1000 team can have a fighting chance against them, especially with inducements (although it seems I have only 2 likeminded coaches that also voted for extended). Just ask Rusty as his rookie Skaven team beat my Vamps 3-1 in their last match!

16. Rusty

Rusty Active Member

Country Flag:
    Yeah, I had 420k in inducements for that match. It wasn't that scary. :D I personally wouldn't mind either of those teams starting the next CC, and the same would go for most if not all teams in CTA provided they've only played CTA/CC games.

17. bintz

bintz Active Member

Country Flag:
    Even though Im new and mostly lurking on the forum without posting, I voted since I plan on applying for CCV (if you let me in ;))

I voted for the format you're running now on CCIV because it seems like a neat idea to have a full phase to shape up your team. I also voted against extended inducement.

About experienced team entering, if there is no cohabitation with the new team, why not but my only fear is that most of the "old" coaches from previous CC will prefer old teams and we, newcomers, are all parked in the noob division. But I may be mistaken.

Anyways, any idea about when CCV would start?

18. Narly Bird

Narly Bird Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    LOL, I like that idea as a name for one of the divisions. The "noob division". Perhaps we can ask Netsmurf to incorporate it into his plans? :p

I would guess CCV would start in around 1 month or so, once CCIV is wrapped up. Again Netsmurf is the best person to answer that though.

19. Netsmurf

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    So far it seems that we will start with rookie teams and only have one stage before playoffs. So if you do not like this, then make a vote or start bribeing would be voters;)

With 24 teams I will set up 3 groups of 8 and let 16 go to the KO stage, that gives 7 games to get the team into shape before it is doomed:skull:

20. John McGuirk

John McGuirk Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Could be tricky, though, Smurf. 3 doesn't go into 16, so it'd be the best performing sixth place team who'd also progress?

Four groups of six would be cleaner, with the top four of each progressing to the next round. Should keep most teams with a hope of qualification until at least MD4, and a total of 9 match days would make for a significantly shorter competition too - although obviously whether that's a positive or negative thing depends on your preference.

For the record I always think SPP accrual should be the secondary objective in a match, and a good result the first. I found it just feels too unnatural for it not to be that way around. But then I don't have a great deal of experience; maybe the game is all about getting SPP at all costs at higher levels (certainly the relative state of my team compared to those of the rest of the CCIV survivors suggests I've been a sucker somewhere down the line).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.