1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Deside on CCV

Discussion in 'Crunch Cup' started by Netsmurf, Jun 2, 2011.

?

What should CCV be like

Poll closed Jun 23, 2011.
  1. Like CCIV with two stages before playoffs and rookie teams

5 vote(s)
    19.2%
  2. 1 groupestage before playoffs and rookie teams

8 vote(s)
    30.8%
  3. A cup with access for old teams as well, final format to be desided later

10 vote(s)
    38.5%
  4. Extended inducements YES

4 vote(s)
    15.4%
  5. Extended inducement NO

18 vote(s)
    69.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Netsmurf

Netsmurf Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    Thats an interesting idea, perhaps that could work, but how about a final? I think that we should have finals, we have had finals since CCII and I love it:powdodge:

2. bintz

bintz Active Member

Country Flag:
    Depends if we want to rely on Cyanide system or if we get free with whatever pairing we want using an Open League to do so.

I guess we can imagine whatever we want for finals, maybe a set of 2 independant finals
    * one with the 4 top div 3 players facing in semi-finals/finals to claim the "rookie" title
    * one with the 2 top div 2 and 2 top div 1 to claim the "pro" title

Then we could let the rookie champion decide if he wants to challenge the pro champ, that would be optionnal but strongly appreciated :skull:

3. Gallows Bait

Gallows Bait Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Gallows-Bait
    Cyanide Username:
    Gallows Bait
    Country Flag:
    Nothing stopping you using multiple league set ups if need be, if you set it up correctly you can move teams out to a play off league and back in again after I would think.

OCC use multiple leagues to represent their divisions and the Forum Open League has a separate cup play off and transfers teams in and out between seasons in the main league.

4. Narly Bird

Narly Bird Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Some good ideas there. Just keep in mind though that whats being talked about will require more work from the admins, so it really depends how much time Netsmurf is willing to put into handling things. Frankobowl, OCC, etc. have a lot of admins and a really structured system thats been in place for a while now. Compare that to CC which is relatively small and much more informal (which is why i really like it actually).

Perhaps Netsmurf can get more assistant admins on board to help out, but I would be wary about creating something too complicated, especially as this is the first time we will allow existing teams to enter and to continue into future cups.

Actually, now that i think about it, Crunch Cup will no longer be a cup system, but a league system. Which raises the all important question - should we change the name?

5. Mico Selva

Mico Selva Active Member

Country Flag:
    I think it's the size of OCC, not structure, that requires more administration. As long as Crunch Cup remains a small competition (up to 40 teams, for example) it should be ok with just two admins, despite getting a league/division system.

6. Viajero

Viajero Active Member

Country Flag:
    The CC has been averaging around 24 or so players no? 40 is maybe a bit of a stretch... unless we get more new blood.

By the way, as per Netsmurf latest proposal, I can certify the Spanish Inquisition has been officially abolished! Any similarity between that and my proposal is mere coincidence! ... :D

Last edited: Aug 12, 2011
  7. Rusty

Rusty Active Member

Country Flag:
    No! We called it the Crunch Cup Courier because Netsmurf assured us it would remain the Crunch Cup. If he changes it now I'll... I'll... not really mind, to be honest, but it would mean me having to change that rubbish logo which I wouldn't enjoy doing. :p

8. Netsmurf

Netsmurf Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    Somehow there will still be a final for wich a team must qualify, so it is still a Cup only more back to CCII style, but with add-ons, such as moving up and down in divisions. It shall not be renamed:pow:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.