1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did BB ever have Halfling Bombadiers?

Discussion in 'General Blood Bowl News and Discussion' started by DocMoc, Oct 30, 2018.

1. DocMoc

DocMoc New Member

Country Flag:
    Maybe someone here will know the answer to this ... yesterday I was painting a an old Games Workshop Halfling miniature, it looks like on his back he has a bag full of bombs, and the word "BOMBS" written across the back of the bag. I'll be able to tell better once I pick out the lettering a bit with highlights, but I'm pretty sure it says BOMBS anyway.

It's the one on the left there with the helmet on. Sorry I don't have a photo of the back of him (and the bag on the back is just under-coated so it's illegible anyway).

If I'm right, these are "3rd Edition Blood Bowl" miniatures. Did the Halfling team ever have a bombadier? If they did, it was definitely before my time!

[​IMG]

2. tys123

tys123 Courier Staff

Country Flag:
    3rd edition didn't. The Halfling roster is still the same now as then.

2nd edition definitely had Halfling chainsaws and they were lethal but I don't remember bombadiers.

3. tys123

tys123 Courier Staff

Country Flag:
    I have just had a quick look at my old 2nd edition rules and that did have grenades and they could be used by any team.
    Special weapons weren't just a goblin thing back then.

So it is almost certainly a 2nd edition halfling ( That is the version with the polystyrene board and 2 hardback expansion books )

4. DocMoc

DocMoc New Member

Country Flag:
    I'm pretty sure these are 3rd edition models. I was told by someone on another forum that it actually says, "BUNS" ... (in which case my little fellow is currently rocking metallic coloured lunch). I haven't had time to go back to the models and pick out the highlighting and stuff, but I'll post it up (just to clear any confusion) :) once I have done.

5. tys123

tys123 Courier Staff

Country Flag:
    mamutas likes this.