1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tactics Disturbing Presence - How to deal with interference to the passing game?

Discussion in 'League and Team Development Tactics' started by Gallows Bait, Jul 29, 2020.

1. Gallows Bait

Gallows Bait Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Gallows-Bait
    Cyanide Username:
    Gallows Bait
    Country Flag:
    So, last night I faced off with rookie Dark Elves against a rookie Nurgle team within the BB2 CCL ladder.

The end result was a 1-1 draw that I didn't feel too badly about, but it was a match where I really felt the impact of the Nurgle Warriors (or whatever they are called now) and the Beast having Disturbing Presence and how well they were able to blanket much of the pitch with it's effects.

Now as an elf team facing a relatively slow opponent, my aim for my own drive was to open up the sides and keep my options open with my ball carrier hanging back, trying to get the opponent to commit and hopefully out position them.

What I found was that the warriors really shut down those options quite effectively, the range of the skill affecting even my screened pass or hand off options. As a result I felt I had limited options in keeping the ball with my initial carrier and having to stick to a running game against an opposing team that was hard to open a path against.

Does anyone have any sage advice in handling playing against Nurgle with a more agility focused team? Are there any tips or tricks?

2. patbou73

patbou73 Active Member

Country Flag:
    I usually try to chain push away the beast, if I can. There's usually a Lineman around, to help against Stupidity. One or two more, and you're in business to get out of its tentacles. Other than that, there's not much else to do against Nurgle. Unless you can form a screen 4+ squares away from the side, so there's zones free of Disturbing Presence for ball handling, you should really just be running the ball, IMHO.

Gallows Bait likes this.
  3. jrpeart

jrpeart Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    jrpeart
    Cyanide Username:
    jrpeart
    Country Flag:
    2 options available really.

1. run the ball
    2. Have a long passer and spread the Nurgles out as much as possible with a flood of catchers into the backfield at different ranges and right across the pitch. You run as close as you can get without getting too into the DP zones and pass to a receiver who is in as few DP zones as possible.

The downside of 1 is AG can struggle to purely run the ball (as opposed to switching flanks with short passes to aid them) vs bash, FA can screw you when you need a block result.
    The downside of 2 is you often have to settle for a 3+, 4+ or even a 4+, 4+, or worse when you decide you have to go for it.

Gallows Bait likes this.
  4. Ravers

Ravers Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Ravers
    Country Flag:
    run and sometimes hand off. Screen rather than cage, I look to make them commit to one side, with the threat of surfing them too. Leave 1 or 2 central. Use the much greater mobility and the AGI4 to dictate where you want to go, the Disturbing Presence is a pain, but you should have much more skills than them until very high TV. I like to force them down 1 sideline, then either keep going or switch into the centre and hand off and run to opposing side line. They cannot keep up.

Gallows Bait likes this.
  5. Netsmurf

Netsmurf Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    Darkies are one of the best running teams in the game - no need to pass. Hopefully you have frenzy on the team and should dominate the sideline play. Screen for the win - just win baby:cool:

Gallows Bait likes this.