1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dodge player re-roll and successive team re-rolls.

Discussion in 'General Blood Bowl News and Discussion' started by Riff100, Jun 28, 2018.

1. Riff100

Riff100 New Member

Country Flag:
    Hi guys I am playing table top Blood Bowl 2016 and I have a few queries regarding dodge. Particularly the following passage from the skill description:

'However, the player may only re-roll one failed Dodge roll per turn. '

Could someone please give me the correct answer for the following scenario. If I had a Gutter Runner dodge through a tackle zone. Fail the dodge and then pass the re-roll from dodge skill and then the SAME player fails the next dodge he has to make can he use a team re-roll to re-roll it?

I had always thought 'yes' and the computer version certainly plays it this way but reading I don't know how to justify that. I understand that you are not re rolling the same dice twice it is a different dodge but the wording above clearly states that a player can 'only re-roll one failed dodge a turn' it doesn't differentiate if that one comes from the skill reroll or the team, it just says one in total. Can someone please help me with this?

Thanks in advance.

2. Street

Street Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Street
    Country Flag:
    I believe the wording of the whole dodge skill that part is meant to imply you can only use the dodge skill to reroll with once per turn. Nothing stops you using a team reroll on a 2nd failed dodge in the same turn as the video game plays it.

But I can see the confusion from that wording.

3. Dionysian

Dionysian Member

Country Flag:
    Yes.

The passage your tripping over relates to the dodge skill. You can only reroll a failed dodge (with the dodge skill) once per turn. You can use a TRR to reroll a different failed dodge.

4. Riff100

Riff100 New Member

Country Flag:
    Excellent thank you Gents.

Can I also just clarify that 'player' in this case refers to the model and not the human player and so if I used a dodge skill re-roll for one model I could still use a dodge skill re-roll on a different model. It isn't one dodge skill re-roll a player turn but limited to one dodge skill re-roll per model activation. Does that sound right?

5. Street

Street Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Street
    Country Flag:
    Correct, if you have 2 players with the dodge skill, both can use their respective dodge skill once per turn for a failed dodge.

6. Riff100

Riff100 New Member

Country Flag:
    Thanks for this.