1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Don't Starve: The Chronicles of the lost.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Merihim, Jan 26, 2014.

1. Merihim

Merihim Member

Cyanide Username:
    Merihim
    Country Flag:
    You have come across a well worn leather-bound Journal, it's cover tattered and marred, pages yellowed and edges hardened from apparent water damage. The owner, no where to be found, can only assumed to be "Merihim" as scrawled on the center-most cover in what appears to be charcoal.

What has happened to the person responsible for writing this? If they have lost it they surely would want it to be returned, if only for sentimental value. They obviously went through quite a bit to keep it in a somewhat legible fashion.

You open the Journal and begin to read. Perhaps the where abouts of said writer will be entailed inside.

Don't Starve Diary: Day 1

I spent what seems like forever wandering the roads in this forest and surrounding fields. They all lead to no where. I don't know how it happened but I'm lost. I've gathered no idea of where anything may be. Only Kilometers of forests, fields and plains. The wildlife here is abundant and it begs the question of what keeps them in check.

The forest is eerily alive, despite it's radiant beauty. There is something sinister to be said about the air as well. Almost as if it tries to close it's hands over my throat. Clearly I am just shaken from not knowing where I am.

It's getting dark and I'm fearful to discover what else lurks in these woods. I spend the fading evening hours collecting wood and creating a meager fire and a bed of grass. I doubt there will be much sleep to be had but I must try. I will better gather my bearings tomorrow morning.

I'm hopeful I will find my way out of this place soon.

- Merihim

Day 2

I heard a bone-chilling scream in the night, I'm not sure I got any sleep at all. I'm so tired. After some searching today I found the person responsible, he lay bloodied in a forest, hands clutching a prehistoric looking flint axe. At
    some point yesterday, he had been very much alive. His axe
    did little to save his life, perhaps it will aid me.

I retraced my steps from the previous day, following the dead-end roads. They most definitely lead to no where. Of this I am sure. Who put them here, and why? I've made a Flower Garland to try to take my mind off the Corpse I found earlier, and his bloodied axe in my hand. I feel a bit better.

In a nearby field I found what appear to be a species of Buffalo. They seemed friendly enough though I dare not approach them closer than need be. Their hooves are the size of my head. In a forest not too far off from them, I see webs. Thick, silken webs coating the trees top to bottom. I made sure to avoid them.

Hunger is setting in, and I eat what few berries I have left. Hope of finding my way out is quickly dampening. My resolve lies in that someone may rescue me before I end up... well.

You get the point.

I've created a more permanent fire-pit in what I fear may become my new home.

- Merihim.

Day 3

I found another body today, this one clutching what can only be assumed to be an improvised pitchfork. I've added it to my arsenal and returned to my fire pit. The hunger is almost unbearable and I can't keep living off of Berries alone.

I spent the better part of the day weaving together traps for the nearby rabbits, and with a little patience I catch two of them. I feel bad about it, but it's them or me at this point. Meat is murder, delicious, delicious murder.

I have a small stock-pile of Rocks and Lumber, though my axe is worse for wear now. I haven't slept well at all and I doubt it will get better. I need to consider fortifying my home, lest I become like those before me.

My spirit, like the light of my fire, are growing dim. I'll throw another log on and hope for a safe slumber.

Hope to see you tomorrow.

-Merihim.

Day 4

My beard has set in, it's somewhat comforting, if only for the warmth it provides in the night.I set out to get a better grasp for my surroundings and collected what few berry bushes I could, carefully digging them up with an improvised shovel. I brought them back to my camp to plant. Hopefully they will continue to produce berries. I'm slightly worried they may attract wildlife though.

My traps are proving fruitful if not worn, and I can eat some what regularly. Of my latest inventions I have created a scare-crow like abomination. I call it my science machine, as looking at it helps me think, it proves effective as I divine a way to build a Chest of sorts to keep my things safer when I explore, and a Grass-sleeping bag.

Tonight will be the night I will finally sleep. I can endure this, it's almost comfortable. Someone WILL find me.

-Merihim.

Day 9

How wrong was I to think I could get any sleep. I awoke to the sound of snarling dogs. That was.... Days ago. Four....? No, Five, I'm sure of it. I'm so tired, and yet I must persevere. I've finally made my way back to my camp.

It's rained for days, and it's in shambles but it's all I've got. The berries in my hiding spot are beginning to go bad, but I'm so hungry. I've been starving for days. I'll check my traps tomorrow. For now, I must rest.

I close my eyes and hope to sleep for the first time in what seems like eternity, may it not be the last time ever that I see the fading light of day.

I don't think I will survive this endeavor

-Merihim.

2. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    And yet you have no team blog? Keep up the good work though.

3. Merihim

Merihim Member

Cyanide Username:
    Merihim
    Country Flag:
    Working up to it! Hahaha figured I'd do a little writing exercise before I started it. I actually planned to start a Team blog for season 3 but the first game disheartened me from it.

I'm also a bit too critical of myself as even this silly little blog has glaring issues that I wanted to fix (But the days in game are only like 5-10 minutes and I do quite a bit of scrambling in it haha).

4. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    I did play this game a while, but it was too serious (read:non-casual) for me. (Also I accidentally ate up half my sanity by picking evil flowers)

Good luck and eat well :D