Dreamy's Deads [OCC]

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
Well, my team wasn't killed in MD 9, so I guess I'll bin my necro team and go on undead for another go at the title.

Didn't manage to get eagle-eye award either, ref refused to send off the fifth player :p

jbecks took the win nicely, which I don't mind since I had nothing to lose (and neither or us lost anything)
(I couldn't even lose ELO title since Muffin Thief reprogrammed the calculation to put himself on top ;))

Report coming in a while or three.

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
So, no report yet, but nevermind that now, I need to post the schedule before playing:

Scourge of Boruke (Blackmist - Chaos)

Dragonblood Drakes (Yarat - Lizard)

BBATTL Bats (Kjelstad - Vampires)

Ghouls Gone Wild (Antonlunau - Undead)

Eataine Blue Brine (afrostb - High Elves)

Natural Winners (chakkal - Dark Elves)

Decayed Renegade's (smoked - Nurgle)

Long Gone and Reprosper (Muffin - Necro)

ApocaBlitz Now! (danton - Dark Elf)

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
Loss, draw, loss the first three games, and a dead superstar (Ghoul Lousiana) in MD 1 and a dead Star (Zombie Scarface) in the second. But nobody died in the third game, and I got another mummy double and have to pick between dodge and tackle:

ImageRoster.aspx

G20

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
I might consider DT if he could take tackle on a normal, and if he were faster than MV3. Tackle...isn't all that great, particularly on an MV3 player. ST5, blodge, sf will be a real annoyance for caging teams. You knew that already though. Brag about your skill up rolls thread is over there. -->

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
Yeah, I fell for it in the end. Guard / SF / BT works well with it. As does Guard / SF / DT in case of another double.

Kaz

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Kazman29
Country Flag
Dodge - good choice. Sorry about the record, I'm having the same kind of season. I'm coming to Sweden and bringing some drinks for us to commiserate together with (except I quit drinking so they're all for you!)

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
Dodge - good choice. Sorry about the record, I'm having the same kind of season. I'm coming to Sweden and bringing some drinks for us to commiserate together with (except I quit drinking so they're all for you!)

Bring some Snapple or something Canuckian and we can both share. (I do drink beer/wine and stuff, just not very much of it anymore.)

Heck, just bring yourself and I'll ply you with something Scandahoovian.

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
Both Block mummies died during the rest of the season, that ended down in the pits.

I've added a ghoul and trying out +Move for the first time in the team history.

Played Wyrewolves Lizards. First game I got lucky first half with a blitz and scored, then spent the wizard to stay on 1-0 up when defending (one failed GFI away from 2-0) - but also double skulled with Doomlord (RR spent on another GFI already) and he died.

But then WW crashed, after having managed to steal the ball in my drive but not pick up it (we were playing like 9 vs 9 by that time, after horribly depitching eachothers) and I got the win which I would have been hard pressed to get. But he offered a sweet deal (one score, only replay second half) and I bought it because of Fluff reasons (Doomlord lording it over his own Doom).

Second game he stops me on the midfield and holds me down and I fail to bring the ball up, losing it. But when he gets it and is passing it to safety my Zombie intercepts, and with plenty of ghoul dodging (both AG 3 and AG 4, as well as using that MV 8) I manage to get to the endzone.

His drive his killer runs down to hunt my killer. He fails the takedown, and gets to pick between concussion or collarbone in exchange. Poor git. I walk out of the way (to conserve my players, as well as felling bad he got worse off than me) and he scores with two turns left.

And then he gets a blitz, and the ball is caught by a saurus screening the skink who was in the target square. Short and nice kick for him. I snake-eye a GFI while setting up to free players so I can blitz the saurus and still have the AG 4 ghoul to try to pick up the ball with. And he scores. (I did have the wizard, but since he had been a good guy I couldn't in honesty use it since I technically "spent" it in the first half)

And I try a oneturner, but roll only :skull::pow: and reroll to :bothdown::bothdown:, so that doesn't happen.

Still, a draw was probably what would have happened last game, and Doomlord got his freebie out of it. (Just so Hobnail can get to kill him, no doubt ;))

Silly week, but life's been a bit weird lately, so whatever, like.
(Seriously. Mega-wierd.)

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
Just a little bit ominous. Work's had odd demands, but they seem to be manageable (even if there is a backlog looming), and my dad's suddenly laid in for bypass surgery (but the prognosis is good so far, but they're going to cut him up in very short notice). And I'm winning a lot of games, which is odd compared to how the Autumn went. :p

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
Anyway, dad's still alive, team got sent down all the way to T3 but is now back up to T1 for the fourth time.

And I recently went through my "vs." stats for the Offenders (including admined games) and came to some conclusions, some odd and some not.

Amazons 0-1-0 (Hobnail)
Chaos 4-2-5 (Doomy sais Chaos are easy - I must be doing something wrong)
Chaos Dwarf 2-0-0
Dark Elf 6-0-3
Dwarf 5-0-1
Elf 2-0-2
Goblin 2-1-0
Halfling 3-0-0 (Two Dara's, one Verbal)
High Elf 4-1-4
Khemri 2-2-0
Khorne 1-0-0
Lizardmen 3-3-1
Necromantic 8-1-3
Nurgle 2-1-3
Ogre 2-2-0
Orc 10-2-2
Skaven 3-1-0
Undead 1-1-2 (On the other hand, I lost against Doomy too)
Underworld 1-0-0
Vampire 3-4-2
Wood elf 4-4-2
(Notable is also that at least one win against Chaos is an admined one. And that one draw against ogres is admined)

So:

"Easy" races: Dwarves, Orcs, Necromantic
"Hard" races: Chaos, Undead, Nurgle
"Tricky" races: High Elves, Pro Elves, Wood Elves (a.k.a. "Passy" elves) and Vampires (and Amazons, apparently)
Somewhat rough: Dark Elves, Lizardmen (Better running teams than Undead, due to speed or AG)

Barristan

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Interesting. I'm impressed you do so well against Orcs. Then again I only played one Undead team with my OCC Orcs, and Doomy's guys were badly outgunned both times.

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
Well, the average OCC orc coach might not be that good?

Or mine and Doomy's playstyle differ that much, which is why he beats chaos and struggles with orcs?

But yea, weird. Especially since I've spent ten seasons in T1 and T2, but at least one draw and one loss is from my first season in T6.

Barmution

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Barmution
Country Flag
Well, the average OCC orc coach might not be that good?
The average Orc coach, more like it. No need to drag OCC down :p Orcs are just retardedly forgiving at low to mid TV, which I guess is some of the appeal behind them. High TV most Orc coaches build a team of killers and gambles on winning the cas lottery because their options are pretty limited given their low MV and lack of mutations compared to other high TV bash.

Kudos for staying competitive with Undead at high TV, btw. Their relative efficiency really drops at around 1700-1800 TV in my experience.

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
Well, I'm back to 1800-ish TV. So apparently that might work better for me? ;)

ImageRoster.aspx

Gus the Bushel got his star skill, and since he continues to get normal skills I'm in a conundrum - what to give to the wight that has everything? (I.e. guard, tackle, MB)

Piling On - doesn't really do it for me. Plus the other wight has jump up.

Stand Firm - occasionally good spoiling skill. If the mummies also get SF allows me to make oneturning attempts difficult. But that's a long way from now.

Grab - can be a useful pitch control skill, or help against sidesteppers

Strip Ball - another tool in the toolbox of "everything"

Fend - there's notable amounts of frenzy and piling on in the upcoming games

Dauntless - there's also notable amounts of strength..

crimsonsun

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
crimsonsun
Country Flag
Juggernaut. You need the ability to strike effectively at wrestle stars, follow that with strip ball.

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
Checking some values, and of the eight teams remaining..

6 have sure hands players (2, 1, 1, 2, 1, 2)

5 have piling on/frenzy (1/0, 3/2, 1/2, 1/0, 0/1)

7 have ST4+ players (5, 2, 6, 2, 5, 5, 5 and 1, respectively)

As for wrestle stars, I can't recall there being any around anymore. Hawca got two wrodge linemen killed MD1 (but might get new ones before MD9)
Could go strip ball and juggs next time- or possibly juggs for blitzing and being able to push away killers.

danton

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
danton
Country Flag
I'd probably go with Dauntless, as having some on the team is always useful, especially if you need to punch a hole somewhere against strong opponents with no mummy in range.