1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lizardman DT skink rolls Double 6

Discussion in 'League and Team Development Tactics' started by Citizen Nev, Oct 8, 2013.

1. Citizen Nev

Citizen Nev Member

Country Flag:
    What to do????

All he has is DT right now. Other 4 skinks are:

+AGI, Side Step, Sneaky Git (Don't ask)

Block, Side step, Sure Feet

DT

Rookie.

I like the idea of STR 3 but it's 50k on a Stunty, AV7. Should I just go with Block?

2. Street

Street Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Street
    Country Flag:
    Id say block so you can get side step next level if he lives that long to make a really annoying DT marker.

3. Limdood

Limdood Well-Known Member

Near Chicago, Illinois - in the United States of A
    Country Flag:
    yep, block for maximising DT, since ST3 isn't a big improvement, especially on an AV7 stunty that will be in contact often

4. Barmution

Barmution Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Barmution
    Country Flag:
    Agreeing with Block. If he already had Block or Wrestle then +ST would be decent but as it is it's a huge gamble to give him ST3. Also, after watching your game yesterday it's blindingly obvious that you're already suffering from "Bloaty Skink Syndrome" so you would be wise to avoid more.

5. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    This is why jrpeart suggests that you start all skinks with sidestep. Still, a ST3 skink is more of a problem to the opponent than a Block one is.
    But a Block Sidestep DT skink is nice to have, and a second double could be tackle, so why not..

6. Citizen Nev

Citizen Nev Member

Country Flag:
    If you've looked at my DIV you'll see why they got DT early.

I was thinking Block too to be fair, you guys have confirmed it.

7. Citizen Nev

Citizen Nev Member

Country Flag:
    I didn't play very well yesterday. I've not played Lizards for a while and against decent opposition it shows. If the Visionaries were in this division we'd be tearing up the place to be fair.

8. Barmution

Cyanide Username:
    Barmution
    Country Flag:
    I fail to see how that has anything to do with BSS, I was only commenting on how you have a lot of TV tied up in those Skinks compared to the team's TV.

9. Citizen Nev

Citizen Nev Member

Country Flag:
    Heh. To be honest Barm it was more:

1. Shock that someone had watched my match
    2. Alarm at the thought of people watching it and wondering why I was so shite
    3. A grovelling excuse as to my ineptness

So yeah it has nothing to do with BSS whatsoever!

10. Limdood

Limdood Well-Known Member

Near Chicago, Illinois - in the United States of A
    Country Flag:
    lizards are a wierd team to watch and to play. They excel at forcing the opposition to react and make rolls that aren't 2d blocks and 2+ rolls.

When those rolls work for the opposition, the lizard coach feels and looks like crap. Sure you expect a 3+ with RR to work, but really, that krox moving up to that WD is still a good move for the lizard coach, probably among his BEST moves. When that 3+ dodge/leap fails, it was a brilliant piece of positioning and and is a fantastic contribution to the lizard gameplan. When it succeeds, it was just another 8/9 chance of success that succeeded and might not have been worth chancing the 2+ loner bonehead roll that could lose all TZs.

I like that lizards slow me down when playing, forcing me to think and consider positioning more than ever. I dislike that lizards are all about what dice the opponents roll, since maximizing your own dice is usually a losing prospect (DP, Piling on, Frenzy, dodge are all questionable skills on a lizard team, since skinks are awfully expensive to foul with at 90k DPers, piling on puts your ST4 on the ground, frenzy is generally a later pick and grants more hits at the expense of positioning, which is a lizard strong point, and dodge on a saurus, to maximize BT or give the occasional heroplay AG1 dodge is a luxury at best, and an utter waste at worst - all of those skills put the dice rolling into the lizards hands, giving YOU the option of using PO/DP/Dodge or hitting with the frenzier (do i take the :bothdown: or the :pushback: on the first block?)).

At best a lizard coach can "improve" his chances of the game swinging his way...block to make blocks more likely, tackle to counter dodgers, MB to slightly up the odds of depitchings, BT to give him a chance to reposition stuck saurii, etc. Most of those skills only slightly change the lizard gameplan, which feels, to me, to remain stagnant from Rookie to 2000+. And throughout that whole time, if your opponent has a good game, you're almost guaranteed a bad one, since a lizard coach thrives on making his opponent make the rolls, and make them as hard as possible.

11. 20phoenix

20phoenix Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    20phoenix
    Country Flag:
    Yeah I had three opportunities to put that game to bed and didn't take them. Was reminded after the game I should have turned tackle off on the one turn attempt but we live and learn.

12. Barmution

Cyanide Username:
    Barmution
    Country Flag:
    Ah, ok...

While a couple of your moves were quite baffling to me (I'm guessing you hadn't put SF on ask for instance...) I wouldn't call it shite. Woodies are a really tough matchup for Lizardmen if you're unable to get in those 2d6.

Also I'm never forgiving that Woodie apo for saving that WD's bacon. Sorry, 20, but she has to die. Search your feelings, you know it's true.

13. 20phoenix

20phoenix Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    20phoenix
    Country Flag:
    You were the one who gave him to me!

14. Barmution

Cyanide Username:
    Barmution
    Country Flag:
    I guess that makes me responsible for taking her away then... As per usual I'll blame the dice, tho ;)

15. Citizen Nev

Citizen Nev Member

Country Flag:
    It was on ask but I got click happy and forgot to turn it off :(

16. Barmution

Cyanide Username:
    Barmution
    Country Flag:
    Awww... . 2 turns /wo the Krox due to that stun probably cost you the wizard then. Both me and Ken who were on Vent when spectating went :confused: :confused: :confused: when it happened.

17. Citizen Nev

Citizen Nev Member

Country Flag:
    Yeah exactly, it was so annoying.

18. Ken

Ken Kenny the Mechanic

Country Flag:
    You need a dp skink