1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DuCTA IV - Results

Discussion in 'Dungeonbowl and Variants' started by tys123, Apr 2, 2017.

1. tys123

tys123 Courier Staff

Country Flag:
    Please post the results of your match here so I don't need to keep looking through the fixtures thread.
    You get 3 points for a win by TD but only 2 points if you win due to your opponent having no players left.
    This is to encourage people to score rather than waiting and getting the extra MVP.

Also if you are playing with a new team this season can you please also post the team name and college of magic.

2. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Underworlders (Amethyst Wizards) got a bloody nose (and more) by your Golden Gits :eek:

3. tys123

tys123 Courier Staff

Country Flag:
    The 1st match of DuCTA 4 is in the books.

Things started out bad for the Tiny Twins as a blitzer was KO'd opening a chest and then the other one was injured on the 1st block of the game.
    However then my dice got better and dreamy's worse.
    The AG3 centaur opened up the chest with the ball and picked it up. The bomber fumbled with a reroll and MNG'd himself , I stunned Grashnak to free up the ballcarrier and then killed the Pogoer.
    Also managed a couple more stuns of players in the way so there was nothing Dreamy could really do to stop a quick TD.

4. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    1-0 Loss for the Dambusters in a marathon - longest db game I've played so far ended on turn 28 I think when I only had one player left and Mamutas only 3.

5. mamutas

mamutas Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    mamutas
    Cyanide Username:
    mamutas
    Country Flag:
    Yes, at some point the players started to disappear from the pitch. It was quite a shock to me.

Also, how does this damn magic sponge work? At first i was not able to heal anyone. Then I was able to heal but not able to warp anyone to dungeon. Confusing. ;)

And, @Ging, what is your team made of? I need to make some level up decisions...

GG, @TravelScrabble. It felt like I was on the pitch myself, it was so long and exhausting...

6. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    You ca't warp anyone in after a certain point in the match I think. Basically use that sponge often and early.

7. tys123

tys123 Courier Staff

Country Flag:
    The magic sponge can be only be used on BH and KO.
    You can warp players onto the pitch up until turn 16.
    1 player at random disappears from turn 24 onwards ( might be 20 it has been a while )

8. mamutas

Steam Username:
    mamutas
    Cyanide Username:
    mamutas
    Country Flag:
    Yeah, that explains a lot.

So, can anyone tell me what team @Ging has?

9. mamutas

Steam Username:
    mamutas
    Cyanide Username:
    mamutas
    Country Flag:
    Ah, I see. Amethyst, right? Rats and Goblins. Smelly and nasty. Fast and dodgy. So, it looks like Tackle would be a good skill to pick up.
    Well, I hope I won't lose my Deathroller to stupid die this time.

10. dynamoDes

dynamoDes Active Member

Cyanide Username:
    dynamoDes
    Country Flag:
    A fortunate 1-0 win for the Dark Symphonists over @Ging. I was the one who found the ball, but naturally those freaking Gunners ran away with it. Ging was playing keepaway quite well but I was being a bit luckier on blocks (not by that much though, I think at one point we were probably both cursing our teams pretty hard). In the end it was pretty much decided by his Fanatic (who'd managed to work its way straight next to my endzone and make a right nuisance of itself) dubskulled and a failed desperation dodge let me pick up and run away with it.

Another long one, the ball came out of the last chest and we wrapped up around turn 24, and I managed to get a level-up on the one player I was planning to replace ASAP, my token Orc lineman... :skull::skull:

11. Ging

Ging Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Ging
    Country Flag:
    Yeah, result confirmed.
    dynamoDes summed it up well, and played well too.
    I think I lost both my last two RRs on consecutive turns on the first 2 precarious position rolls I had to make, which left my gutters a bit naked to pull off some dodgy leaping play, and in the end they failed the dodge and lost the ball for good.
    I timed-out on 2 or 3 turns which always annoys me, especially when there's still something important to do. Dungeon was pretty crowded at one point.

12. Ging

Ging Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Ging
    Country Flag:
    You found my team then! ;)

13. mamutas

Steam Username:
    mamutas
    Cyanide Username:
    mamutas
    Country Flag:
    Nah, I just looked at previous season standings and saw that you have same college as @TravelScrabble whom I just played.
    Man, how I hate to play against the rats!

14. Nikolai II

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    You'll hate Golden college more once you've faced them.

15. tys123

tys123 Courier Staff

Country Flag:
    Why would he hate them. We are slow and can't dodge so as long as he gets the ball 1st it is easy.

16. dynamoDes

dynamoDes Active Member

Cyanide Username:
    dynamoDes
    Country Flag:
    Much quicker game than last week, this one only went to turn 8. My team wins again, I can't say it was due to any particularly good play though as I made a 4+ to pick up the ball in 2TZ and then managed to get a loner RR off when I almost put myself in trouble. tys's team looks horrific to get past when they're in the way but due to the unlikely pickup and having enough people in place to mark all the Agi2 I was able to run back and around instead.

Another week where the MVP goes to an Orc player I was probably going to replace eventually (I guess those 2 blitzers will have to wait until my hero lineorc and gobbo die). I think tys had a BlOrc level up so that's at least a small consolation.

17. tys123

tys123 Courier Staff

Country Flag:
    Yes the dice weren't great for me but my new black orc got a cas and the MVP so I now have 3 Stand Firm players.
    If only we were playing with some of the narrow dungeons instead of the ones with lots of room.

18. mamutas

Steam Username:
    mamutas
    Cyanide Username:
    mamutas
    Country Flag:
    Yes, that would be the trick is to get the ball, but if Golden college gets it... Well, just read their motto at http://www.dungeonbowl-game.com/en/golden-college/
    I need more Dauntless players. :D

19. Nikolai II

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Because bulls ain't slow and they get stand firm everywhere and guard everywhere else.

20. Nikolai II

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Meanwhile, in the Amythyst vs Amethyst game, Underworlders beat Dambusters by abusing explosive chests (and some extra luck on top)
    (One of the loner linerats I couldn't afford to buy snagged the MVP though)