1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DuCTA IV - Results

Discussion in 'Dungeonbowl and Variants' started by tys123, Apr 2, 2017.

1. Ging

Ging Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Ging
    Country Flag:
    Ah well, it's done now.
    Good luck to the coaches making the playoffs, we'll be back next season.

2. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    dynamodes did indeed have his luck run out so we have a playoff! Good luck to those of you in it and gg dynamo.

3. dynamoDes

dynamoDes Active Member

Cyanide Username:
    dynamoDes
    Country Flag:
    Urgh, that wasn't luck, terrible play at the end. I was so focused on my attempt to get the ball a couple of turns before (which temporarily succeeded) I left TS a completely free run around to 2+ hand-off to a Gunner in range of the EZ (with no dodges). Not one of my better moments :D

4. mamutas

mamutas Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    mamutas
    Cyanide Username:
    mamutas
    Country Flag:
    1:0 win to Z.Z.Z. Tops vs @Nikolai II's Underworlders.

And what a game it was!
    I found the ball in the first opened chest. Too bad it was by my lineman who warped closest to Nik's TD area. He was immediately surrounded, but miraculously managed to get the ball warp out into relatively safe place.
    Then my team started to push through center corridor with DR up front facing a Troll and Mino. Meanwhile Nik managed to bring over a bunch of rats on my side of the corridor. A few turns later rats got the ball and proceeded towards my TD area while I desperately tried to catch up with loner linemen (of which I had 4!) and lone Norse WW.
    Nik had all chances to score, but decided to hold onto a ball a bit trying a handover to 3 SPP GR. That gave me sometime to bring my loaners closer, when Nik decided to go for a TD, but failed a GFI and dropped the ball.
    I managed to pick it up and bring it behind a wall of my loners while WW was harassing the left side.
    All that time the Nik's side of the corridor was held by DR who managed to KO the Mino and kept the Troll on the ground most of the time.
    However the warp in the middle of the corridor was a magnet for goblins and Nik got 2 of them there when I finally brought the ball down to it.
    So, with corridor blocked from both ends, the goblin managed to dodge through a bunch of TZs and picked the ball streaking out through the side entrance to another warp. The little bugger succeeded and warped to the left corridor where only a Stormvermin was present.
    I threw all my loners to defend the TD area. The goblin arrived and threw a pass to GR and failed! Again, I managed to pick up the ball with loners and brought it back into the middle of the blocked corridor.
    By the time I moved it up to Nik's side, he managed get his GRs around and knocked the ball from my Thrower hands again.
    I went in with all my Loners and had managed to dispatch GRs through various means, while Nik desperately attacking my Thrower with his goblin.
    Then attrition kicked in and Nik lost his SV, and I had lost my DR on a next turn.
    But I was close enough to walk in for TD.

The game took 25 turns and nearly 2 hours.

In all honesty the win should belong to Nik, if only he had not hesitated and scored at once.

GG @Nikolai II! At least you don't need to play @tys123 this time.

5. tys123

tys123 Courier Staff

Country Flag:
    And the Tiny Twins take the title.
    For the 2nd match in a row the ball was in the 1st chest opened.
    I failed the 1st 2 pick ups but then my AG3 bull gave it a try and got the ball. We were playing in Doom which is a large map and none of Des's warps had come near the ball and it was near my end so he couldn't take advantage of the failures.
    I got the ball safe with lots of ST4 protecting it and it was well away from any pits and teleports so the only way to remove players was by KO or Injury.
    My mass AV9 and more ST gave me the advantage and I made a break for it and scored.
    Dynamodes didn't have much chance one I got the ball secured (though he did manage a 2D against on the ballcarrier) and didn't have great block dice.

I also evened up my Trophies as I now have 2 1st and 2 runners up ( If I ever get around to asking coach for them ).

6. dynamoDes

dynamoDes Active Member

Cyanide Username:
    dynamoDes
    Country Flag:
    That pretty much sums it up. my choice of a wider dungeon was rendered moot by the ball popping out near the narrowest corridor (before tys had a chance to run all his slower players the other way :D), and once he picked it up the writing was on the wall really barring some extreme nuffle. I can't really feel too aggrieved at the disparity in block dice as I had to roll a fair few dodges to get in there in the first place, but when my guys were getting stunned more often it let tys gradually recover some safety and hem me in. After that it was a fairly regulation run round and score. GG champ, hopefully I get a chance for revenge in a few months.

7. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
  8. Ging

Ging Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Ging
    Country Flag: