1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DuCTA V - Results

Discussion in 'Dungeonbowl and Variants' started by tys123, Jul 19, 2017.

1. tys123

tys123 Courier Staff

Country Flag:
    When you have played your match let me know here

2. tys123

tys123 Courier Staff

Country Flag:
    The Teeny Weenie Trio gave Jeliel a less on in surfing.
    I think I put 6 of his guys into traps.
    However one of the Bobs did go in twice and still could have come back onto the pitch again.
    If you go into a lava pit you get an injury roll and if that is KO'd or BH you can come back.
    One of the many bugs in the game.
    The key surf was his troll where he move players up to block the only non trap push back slot.
    I was trying to get a gobo he saved me the trouble.
    The ball was in the last chest and I got the ball 1st , He was able to block up the path to the endzone for a while but eventually I got a gobo into position to surf one of his players and that opened up the path.

3. Jeliel

Jeliel Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Jeliel
    Country Flag:
    Yeah well played, to be honest I didn't realize I self blocked my troll path, still terribly rusty, didn't play DB for a very long time and mostly I played it on TT anyway!
    After that the game was practically over, though was pretty much history already when you got the ball, your speed would have never permitted me to reach it, so it was only hope to attrition or defend access paths.
    Plus another couple of surfed were realized with stunty making 4 dodges, that little pesky bastard!

@tys123 Thanks for the game and good luck for the rest of the season!

4. mamutas

mamutas Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    mamutas
    Cyanide Username:
    mamutas
    Country Flag:
    My Mottley Crue (Orcs/DElves/Rats) met with Goblins/Trolls/Rats of @TravelScrabble and managed to pull a win.

Travel found a ball near my endzone but I managed to get it back and run with my rat through the other side of the dungeon, while my orcs and delf blitzers were tying up trolls and others on the right side.
    A few time I ran out of time without completing all my moves and that was the biggest downfall for me. Travel had managed to block my ball carrier with triple dice roll, but luckily for me it was always either :pushback: or :powdodge:, which the rat managed to dodge out.
    A couple dodges later and ball was in TZ.

GG, @TravelScrabble and good luck in the future games.

5. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    8 dice that gutter survived without a pow or even both down. That first blitz is the one I'm sore about though because I had made up my mind to rr it if I didn't get the ball carrier down but when the block screen came up I saw not option to rr and got confused thinking I must have used them all, but I had one left. Oh well gg.

6. dynamoDes

dynamoDes Active Member

Cyanide Username:
    dynamoDes
    Country Flag:
    A very understanding @sbr32 (despite it being me who suggested the time I managed to miss it...) fell foul to the Dark Symphanists (after the championship game their flukiness appears to be back). Sbr had managed to secure the ball but a series of slightly awkward turns for both teams left him boxed in a bit (I'd taken a couple of casualties but they were away from the ball and ended up isolating a mummy). An attempt to teleport the ball out failed letting my blitzer just nip round, pick it up and score (having to survive a Witch elf blitz but she kindly failed a GFI on the second). The scoring blitzer then very kindly stole the MVP he didn't need, but I can't complain after not really doing anything to deserve the win. I do finally have a leaper though, so will feel a little better when faced with those corridors of bodies! gg

sbr32 likes this.
  7. sbr32

sbr32 Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    sbr32
    Country Flag:
    Yep gg dynamo.

8. sbr32

sbr32 Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    sbr32
    Country Flag:
    Somehow or another I beat mamutas 1-0.

He found the ball deep in his end and it ended up in a Gutter Runner's hands, then we got into a pretty serious stalemate until he was able to push down my left side to within inches of the endzone.

Then all hell broke loose.

My Witch rolled a Skull to follow a Push; then he had a quick Turnover, which I was able to turn into a sack but one of mamutas' Blitzers caught the ball.

After I knocked him down and grabbed the ball with the Witch I was off and running and thought I had things locked up, but his stupid Blitzer made too many Dodges and I had to take a Push on a -2D block, then he got her on the next turn with a Both Down. His Blitzer was able to pick up the ball but at this point we were at the point where players were disappearing. I had the ball and there was no way to stop me when mamutas' last player disappeared and I didn't get the chance to score but seem to have won anyway.

gg @mamutas

9. mamutas

Steam Username:
    mamutas
    Cyanide Username:
    mamutas
    Country Flag:
    All is true.

Stalemate did not work to my advantage. @sbr32 had blocked the entrances with his mummies and while I was trying to find a hole by running through one longest corridor to another, I had lost too many players and they stopped coming back.
    On turn 18 I did not notice a skeleton behind a flag and my BO failed the dodge thus leaving BC open for a Blitz. Even after I was able to KO the witch and got the ball back, there were still 5 my players on the pitch. I just needed one turn, so I could pass and try for TZ, but then game decided that it is going to remove my ball carrier from the pitch. And that was the end of it.

Then, I figure because I ran out of players, I did not get any gold and neither MVP. Well, this is messed up. A loss is a loss, but I got absolutely nothing out of this game. A bug? Or a feature?

GG @sbr32.

10. tys123

tys123 Courier Staff

Country Flag:
    That is a feature. It is also why you we decided to only give 2 points for a win by loss of players. So no one plays to win that way.

11. mamutas

Steam Username:
    mamutas
    Cyanide Username:
    mamutas
    Country Flag:
    I'd say a bit of dumb game design decision. Losing team should get normal gold and SPPs no matter what kind of victory it is. In a friendly matches, you can control it with points given, but in match making it could be a serious grieving mechanism.

Nothing on you @sbr32 or @tys123, just bitter on the designers.

12. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    Jeliel and I had a disconnect on turn 22! Very annoying. He was almost certainly going to win as I would run out of players first even if I managed to stall his cage. So probably best to give him the admin victory. He missed out on winnings though and spp, which sucks a bit.

Jeliel likes this.
  13. tys123

tys123 Courier Staff

Country Flag:
    Well I should have lost that one.
    I found the ball 1st and picked it up with a blitzer. But Dynamo's leaper came it and knocked me down. I then misclicked and tried to pick up the ball with a Bob instead of the blitzer. That resulted in the blodging leaper being close to the endzone. I got him down with a 2D blitz but then my Rat Ogre failed a precarious position roll so the ball was recovered again. This time I could only mark with a goblin. So just a 2D blitz with a stormvermin and the blitzer with the ball could walk it in. Instead he blitzed with the ballcarrier and failed the precarious position roll. Ball comes out near me and I can pick it up but don't have enough support. So again my ballcarrier is knocked down along with my other players around the ball.
    Dynamo then tries to pick up the ball with a goblin and fails but the scatter is safe. Then he tries to pick it up with a darkie blitzer and fails with a bad scatter.
    So my witch elf jumps up , picks the ball up in a TZ , runs downfield passes to a gutter who catches in a TZ , makes a 3+ , 2+ dodge and a GFI to get out of range before scoring next turn ( All without a reroll ).

Sorry Dynamo you got diced at the end there.

dynamoDes likes this.
  14. dynamoDes

dynamoDes Active Member

Cyanide Username:
    dynamoDes
    Country Flag:
    It's all cool, DungeonBowl is a bit prone to that I think, and it probably wouldn't have mattered if I'd remembered that blitzer had to make a precarious position check (I was actually considering blitzing with the witch then but didn't as I thought it was an extra 2+roll). We'll just consider it a Witch heroine-play.

I'll get you next time :p

15. Jeliel

Jeliel Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Jeliel
    Country Flag:
    Won against @sbr32 in a very one sided affair, after picking up the ball in the last unopened chest on my side of the dungeon.
    sbr32 started losing players consistently and failed a lot of rolls, and my superior ST allowed my to slowly grind the dungeon to walk it in.

GG, sorry about the beating and good luck for the rest of the season.
    Take care, Jeliel.

16. tys123

tys123 Courier Staff

Country Flag:
    Just watched the replay It wasn't so much your superior ST and more that his 2 mummies sat by his endzone until he was so outnumbered they couldn't make a difference. Against lots of ST4 you shouldn't leave your ST5 mb behind.

17. Jeliel

Jeliel Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Jeliel
    Country Flag:
    Indeed having the mummies behind left sbr "locally" down strength, could have probably moved the forward when it was clear that I was forced to push in the middle.
    I thought so at least.

18. sbr32

sbr32 Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    sbr32
    Country Flag:
    Yep. I was afraid of getting them locked up ahead of the left side corridor so left them behind for too long. I suppose it is better to get them into the fray and rely on MA7/AG4 of the Dark Elf Blitzers to defend the goal.

19. tys123

tys123 Courier Staff

Country Flag:
    A fairly straightforward win for Teeny Weeny Trio in Temple.
    I found the ball , picked it up , made a hole and scored.
    My Rat Ogre managed a cas early on and I got a KO as well which combined with my teleports being in a better place there wasn't much Mamutas could do.
    He did get timed out on the penultimate turn before he used his blitz.
    I am not sure whether that was going to be a few dodges for a 1D blitz on the ballcarrier or hitting a gutter to limit my space but he would have needed to get lucky to stop me scoring.

20. mamutas

Steam Username:
    mamutas
    Cyanide Username:
    mamutas
    Country Flag:
    Indeed I'd still need some luck for that, but timer run out sneakily on me and that never happened.
    GG @tys123