1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DuCTA V - Results

Discussion in 'Dungeonbowl and Variants' started by tys123, Jul 19, 2017.

1. dynamoDes

dynamoDes Active Member

Cyanide Username:
    dynamoDes
    Country Flag:
    Well if @Jeliel is ever going to quit DungeonBowl, that might have been the game. After an appalling early mistake by me (I assumed a corridor was three-tiles wide and didn't double-check the tile I couldn't see, of course it was 2 so I'd royally hemmed myself in...) he was able to get the ball on a Blorc in a cage. 10 turns or so of gradual progress stagnated and my star blitzer managed to leap in, get a push on the -2DB which led to me getting a classic 1D POW. My goblin naturally picked it up and ran away.

That paragraph doesn't feel like it describes it adaquately tbh, I can safely say I've never deserved to lose a game more...

2. Jeliel

Jeliel Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Jeliel
    Country Flag:
    Disgusting describes it better, but what can you do. :D

Edit: btw I'm going to quit, it was just one tryout season cause I didn't have leagues running for a while.
    I did remember having fun a long time ago in TT, but actually it doesn't seems particularly entertaining nowadays, a bit too much senseless tbh.
    Maybe it's my memory failing with old age! :)

Last edited: Sep 3, 2017
  3. tys123

tys123 Courier Staff

Country Flag:
    The teeny weeny trio carried on their winning streak by beating travelscrabble.
    I found the ball but dropped the pick up.
    TS's thrower warped in next to it and picked up the ball. His pass back to safety was inaccurate and auto rerolled to fumble where my blitzer caught the ball.
    I then surfed the leap gutter and advanced the ball.
    A few turns later my other blitzer was surfed so we were even in numbers.
    Then came the key plays. 2 actions by trolls.
    1st my troll blitzed the ball and chain. 2D but if I fail to get a pow/stumbles that chain is next to my ballcarrier and I could be in trouble.
    I got the pow
    Then the next turn TS's troll blocks and gets 2 BD's. That opens up a hole into the endzone so I run through with protection and score the turn after.

TravelScrabble likes this.
  4. Jeliel

Jeliel Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Jeliel
    Country Flag:
    Mamutas won the game.
    GG WP and good luck for future seasons!
    Take care, Jeliel.

5. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    We managed a first win of the season against sbr's dead heads. Temple as a map really favored my more speedy team as his mummies and zombies had a very hard time covering all the angles to the tz. Ball was pinned in a corner most of the game but once we got it out the result was only a matter of time.

6. TravelScrabble

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    A last victory for the dambusters, not enough for the playoffs but at least they finish with a 9-0-9 record, I'm actually going to miss them.

7. dynamoDes

dynamoDes Active Member

Cyanide Username:
    dynamoDes
    Country Flag:
    A weird old game that lasted about 70 minutes in the end. The first 30 minutes were really fun, with some of those DB dice streaks we've come to love and hate - both sides looked like they might have a shot to win.

Then things ground to a horrific halt, Catacombs is the absolute worst when you get most of both teams stuck in the same corridor (and as we were both a bit experienced we had some Stand Firm which made it even grindier). A bit of attrition on both sides but nothing of note, and TS managed to emerge with the ball around turn 16. I was one turn too late in sponging my only leaper and that was it really. I could've grinded it out to prolong things but ended up just leaving the path open to let it finish quicker :D.

gg TS

8. tys123

tys123 Courier Staff

Country Flag:
    Teeny Weenie Trio beat Sbr to go undefeated in the regular season.

Sbr recovered the ball and then passed it across the pit to get it to safety and give him a chance to run down that side. However it left the witch that passed the ball open to be surfed. So I did that and a blitzer soon followed. I had blocked that side of with a troll and Bob but I hadn't accounted for pushing Sidewinder into a teleport and him appearing at the other side of my line. The ball was passed over to my players and I had to make a gfi to knock down sidewinder. It worked but then I double BD'd with the troll before I could try and pick up the ball. Sidewinder decided to mark the ball instead of picking it up so I was able to push him away and recover the ball.
    I initially tried to go down the left but a mummy stood on the bridge put me off. So I switched to the far right. By this time I had got the numbers advantage due to 2 failed teleports when I pushed players onto them and 1 sent off for fouling.
    So with most of the opposing AG3 and 4 players stuck down the left channel I was able to block off the centre with a goblin and hand off to a gutter runner for the winning TD down the right.

In the end it came down to that 50/50 blitz on sidewinder (75% with reroll ) as if that had failed I would have lost.

sbr32 likes this.
  9. sbr32

sbr32 Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    sbr32
    Country Flag:
    Yep, I should have picked up that ball with Eldril. Tt was a Dodge, 3+ pick up, dodge away only to still be in range of another 2D blitz but looking back it would have been the better move rather than hoping things went bad for you. If nothing else the ball would have been closer to your end zone for the next time, assuming Sidewinder's armor stood up.

Oh well.

gg

10. TravelScrabble

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    Wow nice one TYS, maybe we should just crown you champion, or make you play Dynamodes for it, but 5-0-0 makes me lean towards the former.

11. mamutas

mamutas Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    mamutas
    Cyanide Username:
    mamutas
    Country Flag:
    Indeed, impressive record. Well done.

As far as crown goes, let's make him play each of us one more! :p

12. dynamoDes

dynamoDes Active Member

Cyanide Username: