[Enlist here] The 1st Mighty Mithril Cup

Which approach to races would you like most?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Regor

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Probably but in a 3 match rookie tournament making some one pick Khemri, Chaos or Nurgle based on a die roll seems harsh. I think a draft of 8 means if you want to play Bash/Hybrid/Dash you can. You may not get exactly the team you want but you can get something to suit no matter where you draw.
And the khemri maybe aint a free team, and probably not all of us will buy it

Street

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Street
Country Flag
Hm, true, the 2 groups of 8 drafts therefore allowing only possiblitiy of a mirror match in final sounds like a good idea. If we can / want to get to 16 coaches that is.

Ilgoth

Courier Staff
Steam Username
Ilgoth
Cyanide Username
Ilgoth
Country Flag
Good conversation folks, keeps improving and making TMM better for us all.

mamutas

Super Moderator
Steam Username
mamutas
Cyanide Username
mamutas
Country Flag
Ah, what the hell. Put me down too. :cool:

Ilgoth

Courier Staff
Steam Username
Ilgoth
Cyanide Username
Ilgoth
Country Flag
We are at 8 + 3 reserves, so short on five coaches. If it is needed to get us in 16, I can play for one spot but I prefer to stay out and let others enjoy it.

Once the Cup starts, I will also maintain standings chart here on forums.
(Question: do you want to have coach or team name on that chart? I kinda like the idea of the teams, for archiving purposes.)

nSLTkJB.jpg

Last edited:

mamutas

Super Moderator
Steam Username
mamutas
Cyanide Username
mamutas
Country Flag
(Question: do you want to have coach or team name on that chart? I kinda like the idea of the teams, for archiving purposes.)
Yes, team wins the cup not the coach. But show the coaches on the brackets so we know who is coaching. :D

TwoScoops

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
MSG Musculo
Cyanide Username
TwoScoops
Country Flag
Ok eff it I'm in! You sold me with the draft format. If we don't get to 16 I'll likely jump in on the next one.

mamutas

Super Moderator
Steam Username
mamutas
Cyanide Username
mamutas
Country Flag
Ok eff it I'm in! You sold me with the draft format. If we don't get to 16 I'll likely jump in on the next one.
We only need 4 more. I am sure out of 100 BC2 players there would be 4 volunteers... Am I right? ;)

notorious noob

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
ok sign me in, but this knock-out format favours luck...at least that's what I get after watching this vid that explain randomness in e-sports.

It does leave a lot of space for luck. However as the video explains itself in order to eliminate luck and have skill as your determining factor you need to play loads of games. Which then goes against the idea of having a short format.

It explains why for example the WC was a terrible format.

cjblackburn

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
cjblackburn
Country Flag
Did I win?

No: It's all random.

Yes: I'm the greatest. ;)

There will be a large element of luck to such a short tournament but it should still be fun. Hopefully LE can help with resurrection format allowing TT tournament style competitions. But till then if it's a short competition roll the dice, have a laugh and lie back and think of Ogres.

Ilgoth

Courier Staff
Steam Username
Ilgoth
Cyanide Username
Ilgoth
Country Flag
TwoScoops, slanesh, Znarx and St Cloud added to reserves. One more to go and its 16 players.

As what comes to the luck factor, I knew it would be brought up at some point. If you get matched against high-skilled coach in round 1, you are in disadvantage to someone who goes against rookie. It's pretty much unavoidable in knockout format. After all it also happens in Big Crunch 2, where you might be put into a division full of veteran coaches (happened to me once). Obviously in BC2 your competition doesn't end in first loss, but how well your team developes for the next season is pretty much quaranteed to be affected. Not to mention, most likely you will play against same teams due league structure.

As said before, The Mighty Mithril is light-minded competition for BBT. Commitment isn't as long, and tournaments will be short and the experience changing. While I like the idea of seeing rookie teams where all skill choices matter, I am eager to see what happens when we get TMM Cup with retired BC2 teams. :)