1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wood Elf Environmentalists United

Discussion in 'League and Team Development Tactics' started by Hoverdog, Jul 3, 2011.

1. Hoverdog

Hoverdog Active Member

Country Flag:
    I've recently started a Wood Elf team in a small, 10-team private league called Old World Premier League. Never have played WE, or any other mostly passy team for that matter, so I'm looking forward to the challenge.
    And with woodsies - there can be only one team theme - nature! Thus, Environmentalists United!

Lineup looks as follows:
    Meat Is Murder Wardancer
    Greenpeace Wardancer
    Protect the Rainforests Treeman
    Rainbow Warrior Catcher
    Alterglobalist Lineelf
    Bicycles Not Cars Lineelf
    Go Vegan Lineelf
    No More Pollution Lineelf
    Recycling Lineelf
    Renewable Energy Lineelf
    Stop Nuclear Energy Lineelf
    1 RR
    1 cheerleader
    1000 TV.

First match's against a skaven team - as a matter of fact, I have already played it, and post my impressions in the next post.:skull:

2. Netsmurf

Netsmurf Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    I would have saved the 10k towards the apoth, but otherwise its just like my normal WE starting roster - good luck;)

3. Hoverdog

Hoverdog Active Member

Country Flag:
    I would too, but apparently 1000TV was necessary to join.

First game - against skaven with a ratogre, thrower, all gutters and a spare linerat. Only 1 reroll too.
    Opponent decides to kick. My lineelf picks the ball up, treeman KOs a furbag. A stormvermin then KOs Greenpeace, but a handoff, and then a quick pass gets me 1-0 in turn 3. My wardancer gets up, thankfully.
    I kick off, his thrower gets the ball. And then disaster strikes! Ratogre blocks - :bothdown::bothdown: and a turnover. In my turn, I KO another linerat, and then blitz the ballcarrier with Meat is Murder - :pushback::skull: unfortunately. A stormvermin stuns him and then another disaster for my opponent - his thrower throws the ball a bit too low and it gets stuck in Protect the Rainforests's branches! The treeman intercepted! I promptly make some breathing space by means of a blitz, do a hands-off and lo- 2:0, Bicycles Not Cars scores!
    My next kick-off lands off-field. Skaven coach gives the ball to a gutter, who strolls deep into my half, accompanied by another runner. I blitz him with a wardancer - :bothdown: and picked up the ball. The ball is passed to Rainbow Warrior who sprints into the other half. His run is stopped, however, by a furry paw of the opposition thrower. A gutter gets KOed, but I fail to get the ball back. The thrower successfully passes to a nearby runner. He runs to a stormvermin whom I in my stupidity forgot to mark. Nuffle is on my side though - the hands-off fails!

Second half begins with 11 elves vs. 10 rats. Another touchback, his thrower gets the ball. A failed dodge by a gutter means I can try to blitz the carrier with only one dodge. The assist gets into position, but the blitzing elf gets stunned after a burned reroll. Nuclear Energy gets BH. A gutter runner gets the ball and reaches my half in a half-cage. A wardancer blitzes him, but again only a:pushback::pushback:. Greenpeace breaks ribs of some unlucky rat, and the brave treeman KOs another. I form a tight cage around his cage, but to no avail - a couple of 1-die blocks and dodges, and Kniamute scores! 2-1 in 11th turn.
    A touchback after the foe's kick-off, Renewable Energy takes the ball. Treeman fails his roots roll (he did it in each drive, but the ratogre faired even worse), but a stormvermin gets BH by Meat is Murder, and a linerat KOed. Recycling is envious and with the power of a thousand suns badly hurts the really unlucky ratogre. A couple of skaven bad rolls later, I have a clear shout at TD, and Rainbow Warrior again takes the credit, which makes him qualified for a level-up.
    Turn 15, the opponent has no chance of equalising, but tries at least a second TD. A long pass to a gutter runner is successful, but a :skull: on a 1-die block a turn later makes it impossible.
    The game ends at 3-1, and Meat Is Murder takes the MVP award. This makes for a two level-ups after the first game! Sweet.
    Skaven didn't have the best of days, especially when it came to injury rolls. It was a fair victory though, the opponent made a couple of crucial mistakes and played a bit too gung-ho at times.
    Next match - vampires with ONE reroll:confused::eek::skull::skull:

4. Mico Selva

Mico Selva Active Member

Country Flag:
    Great theme. :D Good luck in the league. Do You already know who Your opponents are?

Looking forward to match reports.

5. Hoverdog

Hoverdog Active Member

Country Flag:
    Al Gore will be my thrower:powdodge:

other than the two mentioned, there are khemri, orc, undead, necromantic, dark elf, norse and (unfortunately) d0rf teams.

6. Netsmurf

Netsmurf Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    This is the first time I have heard of a treeman intercepting - great stuff. Congratulation on the win:D

7. Mico Selva

Mico Selva Active Member

Country Flag:
    I haven't noticed the match report, we must have posted at the same time.

Congratulations on the win. An interception by a treeman - that's something. :D Also, two level-ups on a WD after one game. :powdodge: Exactly why I think my Khemri team in Codex Cup is in its right place below Yours and Grunker's. :D

8. Hoverdog

Hoverdog Active Member

Country Flag:
    With the match validated, I have now a wardancer with strip ball and a blodging catcher:bothdown: