1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tactics EuroBowl/Open 2018

Discussion in 'NAF Resurrection Tournament Tactics' started by Netsmurf, Sep 6, 2018.

1. Netsmurf

Netsmurf Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    So this year I will go to the Eur`Open with a Nurgle team. Resurrection, 1.1mill, Tier 2 with 7 normal and 1 double skill.

First draft:

1 Beast with Block - 140,-
    4 Warriors with Block - 440,-
    2 Pestigors, Wrestle, Mighty Blow/Sure Hands/Block/Kick off return:confused: 160,-
    5 Rotters, 1 with a skill, Block/Dirty Player/Kicko_O 200,-

2 Rerolls - 140,-
    1 Coach and 1 Cheerleader 20,-

1.100.000,- total

Any input would be appreciated:powdodge:

2. cjblackburn

cjblackburn Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    cjblackburn
    Country Flag:
    Id stick with block on the 5 big guys.

The other 3 are where the various choices come in. There are 3 things this team desperately needs in my opinion. I pretty much always want a wrestle as a minimum to deal with Elves. A ball carrier would be handy and sure hands helps with only 2 rerolls. Ideally you want some way to hurt people as well so mb or dp. Ideally I’d want Guard or tackle somewhere but I don’t see them fitting.

However I think I would go

SH Pestigor
    Wrestle Pestigor
    Wrestle rotter.

I’m not convinced by either MB on a non block player or DP on a 12 man roster. With only 2 rerolls I think you need skills that mitigate that and the luxury skills that might come up are just not as important as the basics.

3. Street

Street Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Street
    Country Flag:
    I'd be tempted by the idea of guard on 2 of the nurgle warriors and the beast of nurgle myself, but it depends if you know what types of teams you are going to face and if guard would even be needed.

But I also don't play nurgle much so may be talking rubbish.

4. Dionysian

Dionysian Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    I'd be fairly tempted by SF on the beast and leader rotter double. With 0 Guard I don't think you can skip SH in a 3 man tourney (welf stripper heavy meta)

5. Netsmurf

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    Thanks for input, I prefer block over SF on the beast for two reasons. 1 I don´t need more than 2 rerolls, Im quite used to playing with only 2 rerolls. Block makes it harder for players to take ½dice against the beast and I can use it for blocking and use MB and get the tentackles onto players without great risk of turnovers.

MB on a goat is just to have someone to perform blitzes with against easy targets, but I guess that with only two goats I have to make one a ballgoat. So far Im still leaning on block over Sure Hands, as Block is handy in games against all teams and taking SH implies that you roll poor dice - and I do not like that:p

With a wrestle goat I don´t think that wrestle is a skill I need on a rotter - might go with kick at the moment, though Dirty player is very tempting, with the new rules regarding argue the call, making it a little better even.

6. cjblackburn

cjblackburn Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    cjblackburn
    Country Flag:
    If you are thinking block on the other pestigor then an extra Wrestle Rotter is less important. I find that Nurgle need to concentrate pretty much exclusively on being in the right position and against good opponents that means less fouling. However there is not alot of high quality choices for rotters so it comes down to personal preference.

7. Netsmurf

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    So desided to go with 6 times block, 1 wrestle goat and a dirty player rotter - might as well play to a style that is fun and carnage as I love that most.

Also something new for this years Eurobowl - there will be streaming:

http://thetacklezone.net/eurobowl-2018-coverage/

Wild stuff - and perhaps Gunnar Longtounge will be there:p

8. Netsmurf

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    I have returned from a blast of a tourney. Wales really did an awesome job hosting the EuroBowl:D

First opponent was a human coach - I kicked the ball, managed to stop his drive but could not score in 1st half. Second half and I was driving 2 players down, a warrior failed a regen:( Did not foul as I was outnumbered, but managed to score turn 6, rather than failing a stall. The kick then landed on his catcher and all went well for my opponent, so ended in a 1-1 draw. FAME -2, casualties 1-2:mad:

Second was undeads - He kicked the ball and in a very close match I only had a long shot for a TD and that failed. Also close in second half, but I missed a 3+ with reroll and the turn after a 4+ with reroll to blitz the ballcarrier both times:confused: So the evil undead won. Loss 0-1, FAME -1, Casualties 2-2, Dirty player sent off for fouling rolled a 1 on the argue.

Third game was against Necromantic - I kicked the ball and he failed a crucial foul appearance roll leaving his MB wolf open, then he made an early turnover leaving the other wolf open. Block on MB and KO, blitz on other wolf and KO, then a nice time of stealing the ball and fouling until sent off and again rolling 1 on the argue. Win 2-0, FAME 0, Casualties 7-1:eek: So ended the day with a dicerape and to go 1-1-1.

Day 2

Game 4 was against Norse - I kicked the ball, he did some blocks and a blitz with his Yetii and it stunned a warrior. Then I managed to get it on the ground and in came the iron clad heel - one Yetii KO´ed turn 1 (did not return until turn 16). I managed to stop his drive and had a blast fouling away in my drive - rolled 1 again on argue the call. Win 1-0, FAME -1, Casualties 9-0:eek: So started the day with a dicerape.

Game 5 was against skaven - I kicked the ball and it ended up on LOS in my beasts TZ:p The ratogre tried to blitz but did not want to touch my beast. I got the ratogre down and yes in came the iron clad heel - KILLED the ratogre:skull: So I had the ball for 16 turns and could do a perfect grind, picking of rats as I walked down the pitch. Eventually the dirty player got sent off and I rolled 1 on argue the call:confused: Win 2-0, FAME 0, Casualties 2 but also 5 KO´s made. Fouling works like a charm.

Game 6 was against Bretonians - I kicked the ball and was down 2 players turn 1. Still managed to stop the drive as he failed a GFI (blizzard, but still 1 rr 1) He was trying desperatly to get into scoring range. I then smothered the ball in TZ´s and ended the half there. Second half and I managed to get even on players and then got the upper hand with 3 KO´s. Was sent off and rolled a 1 on argue the call:eek: Managed to get so far that I only needed 3 times 3+ to score, but failed with a reroll, had it not been a blizzard I would have won. Draw 0-0, FAME 1, Casualties 2-2, KO 3-2.

Overall: 3-2-1 and #51 of 210 players (28-51 have 8 points but my opponents score was the worst). Only 2 nurgle coaches in the tournament. I had great fun using my dirty player, in the 5 games I used his skill he did have an impact. But rolling 1 on all FIVE argue the call:powdodge::powdodge::powdodge: Running with 6 block players was so stable and really hurt opponents, did not matter much that they had some guard as the Iron Clad Heel targeted those amongst other priority targets. I used my wrestle goat to blitz targets I really would like to get on the ground for a good boot. I had no trouble with only 2 ReRolls.

Ending on a positive record was very nice and that was race number 16 I have tried out in a NAF tourney, 8 to go for the 24 and then 2 more for the cyanide races.:D

Once again thanks to Wales for a great tournament:pow: