1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Excited Newbie

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by happygrue, Aug 20, 2010.

1. happygrue

happygrue New Member

Country Flag:
    Hello all,

I'm new to this forum and BB in general, but I'm a pretty "serious gamer" and I look forward really getting down and dirty with Blood Bowl. I had played a few games several years ago and really enjoyed it, but never really embraced it due to the price tag and the dicey nature of an individual game. I have nothing against dice and I love wargames of many stripes, but BB seems to my inexperienced eye to have quite a lot of "critical" rolls - though obviously a the general strategy and individual tactical choices are mostly trying to minimize this.

Recently I found a local (Bloomington Indiana) league, and I can now really see the appeal of the game when viewed in a longer timeframe. I've also found myself spending quite a bit of time on this site in the past week or so. It's really great! Thanks to Coach and all the great commenters.

I'll throw some questions out there in the not to distant future! I'm looking forward to playing Chaos Dwarves and Slann ASAP, and I have lots of thoughts about them but I'll be keen to get into specifics soon enough I'm sure.

George

2. Coach

Coach Administrator Head Coach

Country Flag:
    Hi happygrue, thanks for signing up.

Regarding the dice, sure there can be crucial rolls but part of the strategy of the game is to minimise the amount that they are and also to hopefully have contingencies for them when they fail.