1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Norse Extra Frenzy Norse roster?

Discussion in 'NAF Resurrection Tournament Tactics' started by Joemanji, Nov 5, 2009.

1. Joemanji

Joemanji New Member

So I'm thinking about a Norse roster built to maximise Frenzy and really dominate the widezones. Something like:

2 Ulfs
    2 Beserkers
    1 Thrower
    9 Linemen (or 8 and an Apo)
    3 rerolls
    = 1,100K

Both Ulfs get Block, both Beserkers get Guard, then any other skills would go to Frenzy on linemen (with perhaps Leader on the Thrower).

The idea is to have a deep squad capable of absorbing a few hits, with reliable players only. I'd then try to set up lots of crowd surfs using blocking chains etc. The reason for having no Snow Troll (and for considering Leader) is that this is a fairly risky tactic that could lead to me getting surfed myself if I suffer an early turnover.

Mainly for fun, but is this a total joke team or something that might even work?

2. voyagersuk

voyagersuk Member

Well Joe I would play it and have no qualms over taking the snow troll as well, in my opinion he is the best big guy out there

3. Coach

Coach Administrator Head Coach

Country Flag:
    The extra blocks could result in extra knockdowns regardless of controlling the widezone. Block would be key on the Ulfs as with ST4 they are less likely to be having to take a horrible second hit due to Frenzy.

It could certainly work assuming you don't get outnumbered, which is quite possible with AV7. I think you will have to be aggressive with the roster as well to maximise the benefit of having lots of Block and to somewhat counter your low armour. Worth a try you never know!

4. Joemanji

Joemanji New Member

Yeah, that's exactly it, I forgot to spell it out. With that much Frenzy you could throw blocks and be happy with 5 of the 6 results on the dice. Pushbacks can result in surfs, and knockdowns are great too.

5. voyagersuk

voyagersuk Member

which I like the Snow Troll as he will eat up your blitzes and Start the whole show with his ST5

6. Joemanji

Joemanji New Member

He has been scary against me, I agree. But it only takes a 1 on that WA roll or a double both down to leave your opponent with a load of free blocks on AV7 players. I'd never open a turn with him for that reason, and leaving him til last wouldn't be getting the best out of an expensive piece. I guess I'd have to try with and without him and see what works for me best. But generally high risk/high reward doesn't suit my style. I like to build gradually and apply pressure.

7. voyagersuk

voyagersuk Member

when I started my last Norse side, I went with the Troll and no Ulf's to get him started that much quicker.... never looked back

8. Joemanji

Joemanji New Member

This is in the Tournaments section ... so development is not an issue.

9. voyagersuk

voyagersuk Member

true, but I would still take one for a tournament, based on my experiences in both league and tourney formats

10. MadBanker

MadBanker New Member

+1

The two things I love the most in the norse team (my current favourite team) are "lots of frenzy" and the snow troll (and using him agressively).

11. sann0638

sann0638 Member

Cyanide Username:
    sann0638
    Country Flag:
    Last year I took no snow troll to Newquay bowl and won it, took a snow troll to Eurobowl and he had a mare, including double skulling as soon as I got him block! I'm pretty firmly in the no snow troll, max frenzy camp.

12. sunnyside

sunnyside Member

From playing one offs, I'm thinking STs are more league oriented.

In a res tourney you can just keep standing linemen up in front of a mummy while having reliable actions from the rest of the team against the rest of theirs.

With 14 players starting, I think he could still have 11 players at the end of the game.

If the tourney wasn't res that could be a bad idea.

In league I'm finding my teams without trolls have solid win rates...however the value of the teams isn't going up as every skill up or purchase is countered by deaths, retirements, or MNGs.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2009
  13. giorss

giorss New Member

in Italy I saw only a player (@conan@) with the snow troll in his roster, he's really skilled in use norse, I had luck to get a tie with my khemri, but I really played badly that match, it was a team competition and I was 1st of my team and he 1st of his one, and NAF difference was high and I was tired, so it was difficult.
    I played also against frikipe's norse team (at 1100), but he had not the snow troll... I lost 2-0 with lizzies :)

about snow troll, also panico doesn't use it

with block a snow troll is quite ok, but it's expensive

big guys are unreliable, but they can scare your opponent

I like much more rat ogre, troll and krox, snow troll a bit less

14. AL13N

AL13N New Member

I started my team of kinda the same way. Frenzy is your friend and your enemy! Mind you guard is only on doubles for linemen talking about nurfed linemen :mad: any how I started my Norse team with thrower, yhetee, 2 berserkers, 2 norse werewolves, 5 linemen and only 2 re-rolls, I'm currently 11-1-2 have all 16 players on my team 5 re-rolls Yhetee and werewolves are the most casualties on my team. Yhetee got lucky with boxcars on first roll and had to take it to get 3 dice with any assist! Thrower got +1 ag so he is a true QB for my team. Once I got my runners is was game over from there. I have only had two linemen die so I have been very lucky as far as armor goes. I recommend giving Block to werewolves 1st and I think I should have for my Yhetee since he rarely needs 3 die blocks anyway. He is a beast though with mighty blow and pilling on as his other skills, racks up casualties like crazy! Both my werewolves have block and one has guard and the other had mighty blow. I really needed gaurd at the time to help out my front line against those Lizard teams with 6-7 guys with 4/5 strength. All in all it is awesome everyone is afraid to play my team now that I have max players I foul like crazy to kill or bh players so I have the numbers on my side. Norse need to due to low armor value. I lead the league in kills after 14 games with 17 :) I got 5 kills in one game against poor dark elves Frosty went crazy that game. So did Fang and Claw the werewolves. Currently my Berserkers are my leading scores one with 15 tds and the other with 7 but now that I have runners they are becoming bashers. Both runners have pilled up 4 tds each in as many games. I lead the league in TDS hands down 14 games with 33 :eek: I have only allowed 5 tds all in my ties or my sole loss a 3-2 defeat to those dark elves in which I did kill 5 :) my two ties were 1-1 both games. I would say the Yhetee is the best big man in the game since it starts with claws and its a no brainer that mighty blow should be its first skill unless you get lucky and roll doubles or like me 12. Good luck.