Cyanide Failing Bloodlust and Passing?

Vusfnuv

Super Star Player
Country Flag
Just had a game when the following happened.
1. I had a vampire which I wanted to move, pickup the ball, continue moving and then make a pass.
2. I clicked my movement path and declared a pass. After that I confirmed the action with a second mouseclick.
3. The vampire failed the bloodlust roll. I chose not to reroll it, as I previously moved a thrall to a place where I would pass from. I expected to move, bite the thrall and continue passing.
4. After the popup message that reminded me that I need to bite someone all the actions declared by the vampired were cleared.
5. I tried to reclick again, but was not able to choose pass and/or handoff action.
6. I decided it will appear after biting. I moved the vampire to the ball, picked it up, moved to the thrall.
7. The pass action was still not available, so I clicked "end action"
8. I bit the thrall. The vampire was not able to do anything after that.

So I expected to make the pass after biting the thrall, but I was not able to. Did I do anything wrong? Have someone ever performed such an action?

Vusfnuv

Super Star Player
Country Flag
I played a couple of test games in hotseat vs myself with vampires to do some testing.

It looks like this was an accasional bug. Every time I tried it in hotseat it worked fine.

However I found another thing that I was able to reproduce every time I tried it. I a vampire is in the opponent's TD zone and recieves a ball via a catch, it first rolls bloodlust before rolling catch. I wasn't able to find in the rules if this is planned or not. Looks like it is not, as if he recieves a ball when not in the TD zone, the bloodlust roll is not made.

Gallows Bait

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Gallows-Bait
Cyanide Username
Gallows Bait
Country Flag
Sounds like it is trying to treat scoring a TD as an action and therefore checking Bloodlust first, which doesn't seem right to me.

Mico Selva

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
This is one of the bugs still present in the Cyanide game. They don't seem very bothered by bugs in the rarely appearing situations. It's the same thing with Goblin Bombardier and Safe Throw. The game hangs after fumbling the bomb throw on a roll other than natural '1', as buggy Safe Throw means the bomb does not get dropped (it should; the skill should not work for bombs) and the game waits to resolve the explosion before continuing. As the explosion does not happen, the wait is infinite.

Doomy

Super Star Player
Country Flag
In early versions of LE, Vampires were essentially unplayable as any situation that required biting a thrall at the very end of a turn would cause an infinite hang.

So there has at least been some progress with this.

At least Vampires are relatively rare. There used to be an infinite hang with Piling On that really gave me headaches. Seemed I had to reset matches every night!