Lebe666

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Fighting Philosophers (Orcs - SSC)

lebe2.jpg
OCC-OrcBlackorc.gif

FIGHTING PHILOSOPHERS [ 4 RR / 1 Apoch / 500k gold / 1990 TV / 14 players ]

Signature2.aspx

Black Orcs are those Heavy German Mind bashers. They grind the enemy down with their harsh language and heavy hitting arguments ! By muscle or boredom they will block you.

1- Friedrich Nietzsche "Raving Mad Czech" - Block / Guard
2- Karl Marx "Surfer" - Dodge / Block / +1 STR
3- Friedrich Engels - Block / Guard
4- Max Weber "Ye Violent" - Block / Guard / MB "Karate Chop"

Blitzers are the more classical Greek Philosophers. Agile and open minded. They can blitz around arguments and won't fall down on a :bothdown:

6- SOCRATES II - Stand Firm / Diving Tackle / NORMAL SKILL (-1 MOVE)
7- PLATO "Skink Hunter" - Tackle / Diving Tackle / Stand Firm / Guard
8- ARISTOTLE - Guard / Mighty Blow / Tackle / Stand Firm
9- EPICURUS "Killer" - Mighty Blow / Jump Up / Piling On / Tackle / NORMAL SKILL (probably last lvl up)

Throwers are Atheists Thinkers... defying the Gods they can throw or keep the ball without fundamentalist arguments.

10- Daniel Dennett - Block
11- Christopher Hitchens "Butter Fingers" - Strong Arm / Accurate / Kick off Return [3rd best Passer all Div 4 Season 14]

Linemen are French. Renaissance men capable of going different paths. Or to stop heavy enemy from choosing their foes.

12 -
13 - Jean-Paul Sartre - Block / Guard
14 - Voltaire - Wrestle / Tackle / +1 move
15 - Michel Foucault "Ye Boot" - rookie
16 - Thomas Aquinas (run out of frenchies)

Graveyard / Retired:

3- Immanuel Kant - BOB (DEAD) :skull:
13- René Descartes - LineOrc (DEAD) :skull:
16 - Albert Camus - LineOrc (DEAD) :skull:
12 - Sam Harris - Thrower (DEAD) :skull:
6 - SOCRATES - Guard / Stand Firm / Dodge (DEAD) :skull:

16 - Montesquieu - LineOrc (first perm cas... -1 Str)
12 - Rousseau - Wrestle LineOrc (DEAD) :skull:
12 - Auguste Comte - Rookie LineOrc (DEAD) :skull: (lasted 1 game)
15 - Michel Foucault - LineOrc (-1 AV)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ta1KfRX06kA&feature=player_embedded

SEASON 12 SSC:
Signature2.aspx

SEASON 13 OCC 6B - Champion:
Signature2.aspx

SEASON 14 OCC 4D - 5th place
Signature2.aspx

SEASON 15 OCC 3D - ongoing
Signature2.aspx

107923.jpg

Last edited:

Lebe666

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
I've been testing an Orc team and with a few dodge on double skills they are quite flexible and have staying power of good armor. Since OCC is a perpetual league that means I can develop the team long term.

jrpeart

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
jrpeart
Cyanide Username
jrpeart
Country Flag
Nice theme, pity you went with the boring (and very prevalent) Orcs though :p.

Lebe666

Mega Star Player
Country Flag

Real real boring is Dwarf.

I've played against some very agile orcs and I've tried to do the same myself. Its been anything but boring. Today this guy tried to outmuscle my other orc team with brute force and I've played some good passing and running game around them. Especially with my star blodge Orc.

If it does get too boring I'll just start another team. Will run some elves in the THN league later in February.

Mico Selva

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
I sense some Monty Python inspiration for the theme. :D

Pity You went with orcs, though. However, it is very good they are not dwarfs. :p

Good luck. I hope our teams meet before Your guys become real killers. :skull:

Gallows Bait

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Gallows-Bait
Cyanide Username
Gallows Bait
Country Flag
Just applied a new Orc team for SSC (took too long to apply for new OCC)

I would recommend a season in SSC first to be honest - the alternative is entering division 6 with some rookie teams and some teams with 1 SSC season experience (such as my humans).

For example in my division (6C) there's only 3 teams including my own with SSC experience and the remaining 7 are rookies.

I don't know how it will play out exactly, but I'm very glad to have 1320 TV since it gives me some solid skills to give me an advantage - providing I can survive the inducements. I'd certainly rather have the skills as such low TV - a little guard and tackle will go a long way on my team.

Lebe666

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
There is a SSC 1 open spot... so I put a DElf team "First House" over there as well... seems like I'll get more than my regular dose of BB.

Narly Bird

Mega Star Player
Country Flag

Amen to that. Orcs are my most disliked team, just because they are so prevalent and also because i think they really need a nerf. :mad: Thirdly, it seems we are in the same division, so i don't like my chances of getting a win vs you with my Norse. :p

Early on, Orcs are cookie cutter boring, but they could be slightly more fun longer term if you decide to go the agility option. I recall Etheric had quite an agile Orc team in CCV, with some +AG and dodge on the Blitzers.

On an unrelated point, it seems like bbtactics peeps are making up more and more of the OCC player base. Just in our SSC division there is you and bjj hero (aka Coachman) and me. And i know that a lot of other bbtactics coaches are also in the OCC. It would be fun to create a thread tracking all the teams results this season...

Lebe666

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
On an unrelated point, it seems like bbtactics peeps are making up more and more of the OCC player base. Just in our SSC division there is you and bjj hero (aka Coachman) and me. And i know that a lot of other bbtactics coaches are also in the OCC. It would be fun to create a thread tracking all the teams results this season...

I was quite suprised how many of you guys are in SSC... it would be nice to know how CC guys are doing !

Lebe666

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Got my first game in SSC... but the other Dark Elf team. Got a -1Str Blitzer unfortunately... so the 2-1 win and 80k gold wasn't compensation... but still nice to start well. Should have been 3-0 but for a dumb mistake.

Lebe666

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
First Game... 1st Victory against CharlieBanks' Skaven. 2-1 in a very stalled game.

1st Half

As usual the skaven rushed a 2 turn TD in part due to my bad positioning.

He kicked out of bounds and I handed it to a frontline Blitzer. Set him up with two defenders on sideline... but I thought the rat ogre was too far... with 1 GFI he managed to crowdsurf my front guy. Plus blocking my ball carrying EPICURUS blitzer.

With a bit of help from german (BOB) and french philisophers (lineman) the blitzer did a 1 die philosophical argument that stunned the Rat Ogre down.

The skaven tried a suicide hit on the ball blitzer with a GR... but he couldn't get past Christopher Hitchens and Nietszche. From there on I just moved the semi cage toward end zone protecting Epicurus. Stalled and scored on Turn 8. The rat ogre managed to crowdsurf poor Voltaire (lineman) who was doing rear guard duty. I got a few KOs.

2nd Half

Kicked out again. This time I brought the ball with the thrower slowly up. Fearing a left flank push his Skaven crowded my forward elements and the GR's gang fouled poor Aristotles who was thinking of some new theory way too ahead of his time.

An early turnover scared me but the skaven didn't try anything tricky. In turn 11 managed to form a LOS cage with BOBs. Slowly lumbered up to the end zone. All alone in the left flank René Descartes (lineman) kept being punched by the Rat Ogre's stronger arguments... but that delayed the Ogre for 3 turns... just enough for the cage to get up without any interference. The rats not minding the cage went SPP and cas hunting... knocking the few orcs in midfield and fouling them afterwards. AV9 showed its worth... the cage sat near EZ two turns before scoring in Turn 15.

EPICURUS scored again... 1st and only lvl up !

MVP went to "Karl Marx" BOB for keeping the LOS safe from capitalist skaven !

Max Weber (BOB) being persistent organizer managed the only cas of the game... gouging a rat's eye in the 1st half. Cristopher Hitchens (thrower) was the victim of an oversized rat and is healing his fractured arm the next game.

Happy I did a boring no risk game... BB Manager reports some awful luck.

d6 -18.82 (Catch and Dodge 1/3 - KOs 0/4 )

Last edited:

Narly Bird

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
You have turned into everything i hate! An Orc player who stalls! :mad:

On a more serious note, i would go for the apoth. Then get a Goblin as they are good fun and your team is about the most boring team possible without one. :p

By the way, when do we face up against each other?

Lebe666

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
You have turned into everything i hate! An Orc player who stalls! :mad:

I was playing against Skaven ! Didn't have much choice in the matter ! No tackle or skills made it impossible. League play is always more boring and safe. I did see an opportunity for a quick TD rushing the sideline... but the Rat Ogre was too big :) Don't worry...

On a more serious note, i would go for the apoth. Then get a Goblin as they are good fun and your team is about the most boring team possible without one. :p

I didn't manage to use my goblin very well in the first orc team I made... might make a fouling goblin.

By the way, when do we face up against each other?

MD9 only ! Then I will hopefully be able to field a non-boring killing team ! ;)

Last edited:

Narly Bird

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Hopefully my Yhetti will have MB by then so i can carve through your Orcs. Regarding the Goblin, sneaky git is great for fouling with abandon (and no assists). If you are lucky enough to roll a double for the second skill then its dirty player all the way!

Just one suggestion too - SSC is all about getting SPP on your guys. I would recommend to try really hard to get SPP on your BoB's by scoring with them. Even if it means that you might get a draw rather than a win due to a failed hand off. I really think its worth the risk given the long term benefit (and wins/losses not mattering in SSC). It will mean your team does better long term and from what i hear, BoB's are notoriously hard to level up, which can be the Orcs downfall long-term.

Kolat

Star Player
Country Flag
I would also reccommend the Apothecary first, and just use the Journeyman Line Orc(s) for the next game. With your line up, I would save for a Goblin as my 12th man. Then save up for a 2nd Throwers or a Troll. Depending on if your league allows a Troll to take away negative skills, like Really Stupid, on doubles.

That's just my opinion, and getting BOBs to at least one skill is so very important in a long league. The 2nd skill will come in time. Orcs are a "boring" team, but boring also means consistent. And being consistent at what your good at wins games! ;)

Lebe666

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Very good reminder of leveling up the German philosophers.... :D

I could have level one of them easily since the cave was isolated... darn...

Lebe666

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
My Orcs once more took their philosophy to the battle field ! This time against Reptilian arguments ! bjj had already softened them up by killing 2 in MD1 :)

I got to the 9th turn with 1-0 lead in score and 1 BH saurus and 2 KO skinks. When the net crashed... was a sure victory. :mad:

2nd Game after restart didn't go as easily... though EPICURUS the MB blitzer:skull: killed a loner skink pretty early. I guess the lizzard player figured that he had to be a bit more careful. He didn't squander RRs as fastly... and after I left a silly opening he rushed a skink squad by my left flank... the only orc in reach unfortunately was a loner that failed GFI and RR... 1-0 Lizzards.

Had 3 turns to equalize. Ran two blitzers on each flank to receive hand offs but with little protection. In the LOS all 2nd half I tried to "train" the Black orcs... but only Max Weber :pow: got a BH saurus. Lineman with ball got marked by an after blitz moving Saurus near mid field... while the receiving blitzers had skink markers. In the last turn managed 2 blocks/blitz on marking skinks, dodged away from saurus and a good hand off to Plato who very eloquently made his case for a TD ! 1-1
(same guy that scored in the 1st crashed game).

Received 2nd Half... advanced rather openly with Aristotle as a ball carrier in the left. Thought I had marked all the saurus. He would have to make a 1 die blitz with skinks... but alas too philosophically I hadn't put enough players on LOS saurus. A small push and the 2nd one was free and knocked down Aristotle.

I managed to surround ball and hit a few saurus... but in the end the ball bounced into a Saurus hand. Lucky catch... rolled 6. I kept 2-3 orcs on the saurus at all times but he managed a hand-off and a rush in Turn 15. Some lucky GFI and I managed to put 2 orcs in front of the skink... and a desperate 1 die attack failed. Game Over... 1-1 score.

A silly mistake cost me a victory... darn.

MVP went to Karl Marx BOB for a good showing of capitalist weakness in the LOS fight... 2nd time he gets MVP. So lvl up ! Wonder what Marx thinks about sharing more MVPs with the other BOBs who need them ! :D

Last edited:

Lebe666

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Game validated... and my 1st BOB skill up is a doubles roll !! Darn...

Dodge ? Jump Up ? Forget doubles ? He has 10 SPP... so shouldnt take long for more skills.