1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Those New to The Big Crunch 2

Discussion in 'Big Crunch 2' started by sbr32, Jul 4, 2016.

1. sbr32

sbr32 Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    sbr32
    Country Flag:
    This is a good review for everyone but specifically for those who are new to Blood Bowl Tactics Forums and The Big Crunch 2.

The first and most important thing are the Rules. These are the Rules for The Big Crunch 2: http://bbtactics.com/forum/threads/big-crunch-2-rules.6120/. This includes Promotion/Relegation schedules, team eligibility, how we expect matches to be scheduled, how the admin team will deal with problems and unplayed matches, and how final rankings will be determined. I would strongly urge everyone to read them, but to specially note we expect that coaches finish their games. That means no concessions, no matter how badly it may be going for you.

Each week each division will have a Matchmaker thread posted here in this forum by the division Admin. We highly recommend everyone to use that thread to communicate and schedule their matches. You can use other means (PMs, Instant Messengers, etc.) but the Admins will only be able to use the information that is given publicly when resolving disputes or Admining Match Results. If you do schedule a match outside of the Matchmaker thread it is advised that you post the time you are planning to play in the thread.

If you have a Problem with a Match or a Missing Opponent please post in the http://bbtactics.com/forum/threads/bc2-s3-problems-and-issues.8585/ thread. This would include requests for crashed games as well; both coaches will need to request a reset before before we can grant one. With the Big Crunch Match Days running roughly Wednesday to Tuesday, I would recommend posting in the Problems thread if you haven't heard from your opponent by Sunday.

While it isn't required now that BB2 has self validation, many people like to read post game reports on the matches and follow along with what is happening in the rest of the league. There will be 1 Results thread here in this forum for all divisions each Match Day for coaches to share post-game reports. These can be as short or as long as you are willing to spend the time to do.

There is also a Team Blogs sub-forum for those that want to share even more about their teams.: bbtactics.com/forum/forums/team-blogs.16/

Uploading games to BB2StatsGrabber will be required as of Season 3. There are instructions on how to do this in The Rules thread.

While Blood Bowl is clearly a game, and games are one of the least important things in the grand scheme of life, do remember that there are 9 other people in your division and 89 other coaches in The Big Crunch 2 who are relying on each other to make the most fun and fair competition possible. In order to have the most fair playing field we need everyone who decides to play to make as much effort as possible into completing all of their matches. If something happens and your schedule becomes unworkable please PM your Division Admin as soon as possible so that we can find a solution; whether it's an extension, a proxy coach, an Admined result, or a replacement coach.

If anyone has any questions or concerns about anything please contact your Division Admin or any other member of the Admin team.

Season 3 Admins

Grand Poo-Bah of All Things: @cjblackburn

Good Luck and Have Fun!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2016
  2. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Don't forget to install the BB2Statsgrabber. It's mentioned in the rules, but half of you won't read those anyway. :cool:

3. cjblackburn

cjblackburn Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    cjblackburn
    Country Flag:
    The following was added to the rules and may also help.

This is just a quick guide to how the Big Crunch 2 will be implemented in Blood Bowl 2 and those of you not used to league play.

4 Minute turns. As new teams are added to BB2 there will be teams such as Khorne and Vamps who need the time.

No aging. There are not enough players in the current Big Crunch who have got old through enough matches for it to make any difference.

No Stadium enhancements. Blood Bowl is not a balanced game however Developed Elves with a free Wizard half the time is pushing it too far.

Quitting in game is deeply frowned on and could see you being kicked out of the BC2. Whilst sometimes a quit is acceptable, having to take someone to hospital for example, quitting to protect your team is not acceptable. Everyone is in this league to have fun and makes a commitment to play at the agreed time.

If you join the Big Crunch 2 you are committing to play for the season with your team. You cannot switch teams part way through a season. You can change teams at the end of a season and you will keep your place in the BC2 but your new team will be seeded in the bottom tier.

4. mamutas

mamutas Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    mamutas
    Cyanide Username:
    mamutas
    Country Flag:
    What if I switch a team to a new one, which obviously goes into Tier 4, but then decide to switch back to high Tier team.
    Will it start from Tier 4 again?

For example, I decide to take Undead in Season 4, but then play my Emojis again in Season 5. Emojis will start from the bottom, correct?

5. cjblackburn

Cyanide Username:
    cjblackburn
    Country Flag:
    No you can't switch back to the Emojis once you have switched to another team. Only new teams are allowed to apply to join.

We want to avoid coaches rebuilding high TV teams in tier 4.

SlyAnimal likes this.
  6. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:

This should probably be clarified, because while the rules say "Only new teams are allowed", clearly old teams are allowed to play as well, since most of us do.
    The rules for how old teams are allowed to play, and when they stop being valid, should probably be written down somewhere for people who don't know how the league was originally intended..

7. cjblackburn

Cyanide Username:
    cjblackburn
    Country Flag:
    cheers nik have added that to a rules clarification thread for the admins to sort out.

8. helGn

helGn Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    helGn
    Country Flag:
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2017
  9. Werebat

Werebat Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Werebat
    Country Flag:
    Is Discord the accepted server? Also, how do I know the handles of the people I might be playing? I'm curious about being able to actually chat with opponent coaches during a match.

10. helGn

helGn Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    helGn
    Country Flag:
    Discord is heavy used to schedual matches, chat, bash @Ilgoth and other bb related stuff. I reckommend strongly to use discord if you play in any league that got discord. During games is the one time atleast i dont use discord however, but if you want you could use the audiochhat i guess?

11. helGn

helGn Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    helGn
    Country Flag:
    Handles are usually the same as forumnick. You can change your name on discord into a nickname for any given server, this makes it so that most people will try to match discord names with forum names

12. Regor

Regor Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    only want to add that Discord allow "bots" to show stats and statistics from matchs and records.

13. Werebat

Werebat Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Werebat
    Country Flag:
    Cool - I have and use Discord with friends. Not sure if my handle there is Werebat but will check. I think it is.

helGn likes this.