1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Format of CCVIII

Discussion in 'Crunch Cup' started by Narly Bird, Dec 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Well, the point is that my teams return to the CTA after the CC where they get some "history" - while if I can't play them in the CC even once I might as well just delete them, since CTA is just a "joke" league.

None of them are anywhere close to "over the top" either, since it takes more games to get "over the top" than I can scrounge up in CTA.

2. Netsmurf

Netsmurf Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    So be it, all though I would prefer to have someone to play against with experienced teams in the CTA. Rookie matches are easy to get. And over the top is in this case teams with more than 5 CTA games:)

3. Mico Selva

Mico Selva Active Member

Country Flag:
    Not that it matters much, but I like Netsmurf's decisions on the matter. Good compromise.

Looking forward too CCX. :D

4. Narly Bird

Narly Bird Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    If CTA is a joke league then i wonder how you can justify building a team in it in the first place to enter into the CC league? I personally really like the CTA as both a place to have matches against great coaches, as well as for the in-match banter that goes on during the match. Hopefully we can get more coaches to join and with higher tv teams and then you wont find it hard to get matches.

As it is, im free to play a match anytime today or tomorrow, so just pm me if you are interested to play. And i have teams at all levels (tv 1,000 to about tv 1,800).

And if you want to take a break with a CC team and then re-enter them into CC later, then just don't play any matches in between. Simple as that.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2012
  5. Nikolai II

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Not as easy when you didn't know there would be a limit.

Ah well, I'll delete the old and start over, once I can be arsed to care for blood bowl at all again.

Edit: Or more likely I'll just drop out of CC instead. Why bother, when the rules change retroactively as well. I'll probably finish this season so nobody will have to suffer (unless someone has a team with a good TV to replace mine with) but after that I see no reason to remain. Paint it anyway you want - the only teams that got denied further playing in CC are mine, so it is a pretty obvious marker that I have been "abusing the system" a.k.a. "am a louse and a cheat". And if that is not how you feel, I simply fail to understand why I am being singled out.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2012
  6. Viajero

Viajero Active Member

Country Flag:
    Wow. I am sad the consequences of all this debate has affected you so much. I do not think anyone has singled you out as anything, we all know you are a really good and honorable coach. The proposed limit on CTA is not meant to single out anyone I think, just to put some boundaries and as a compromise with all points of view. If it is really your teams that are affrected I think that is just an unfortunate consequence (I personally did not know it was going to be you).

I personally think is not worth to feel angered by a game´s rules, just a game after all. Even if the rules had not changed I would not have left CC, not worth it, this is a fun place and with fun coaches.

Not sure if Netsmurf could make an exception to the CTA games limit only once, now at the start of the new rules?

7. Narly Bird

Narly Bird Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Maybe we could delay the new rules until CC9 and allow any CTA teams for CC8? Thats Netsmurf's call though.

And actually many coaches are affected by the rules. I have 3 ex CC teams that have played CTA in the meantime and are therefore ineligible for entry. So it doesn't just affect 1 coach. And there are a lot of coaches with CTA teams that have played more than 5 matches and therefore are ineligible for entry.

8. Nikolai II

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Still, the rules when I first joined the CTA was "just a joke league for bbtactics games" and I was fine with that, joined with some Auld World teams that I wouldn't be playing there anyway and called it a day.

Then the rules changed to say "CTA teams will get to play in CC, and former CC teams will get to play CTA and then return to CC", which made me go "Yay!" and start more new teams.

Now the rules are changed and an arbitrary limit is set that stops my teams from joining the CC - no exceptions for teams that were just a few days ago CC-valid, and that is what smarts the most. Normally rules changes will allow leniency towards those who would be victimized by them.

9. Mico Selva

Mico Selva Active Member

Country Flag:
    I understand where You're coming from, Nikolai, but to be honest - there's no "reatroactive" change. Rules for current CC are not invalidated - any of the teams You mentioned was able to take part.

We are only discussing the changes for future Crunch Cups. And it is a good thing we are doing it now, because if these rules were the same, but appeared only one week before the launch of CC IX, I would be the first to protest. As it is now, everyone has enough time to prepare.

I'm sorry that Your teams that were valid for CC VII and CC VIII will not be valid for CC IX, but many other coaches are affected by that too, so it's not like there's some purposeful action against You.

10. Netsmurf

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    Cry all you want, you are not an intended target, no one is. I my self have deleted 5 teams and only kept a skaven team with 12 CTA matches. With about two months time left untill the next CC starts, there should be plenty of time to play new teams up into shape - just remember the 5 match limit;)

11. Viajero

Viajero Active Member

Country Flag:
    Dura lex sed lex. :p

12. Lebe666

Lebe666 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Not really...

Netsmurf... we hear your a big fan of barbecue. So how about Dreamy, you and I talk about CC format ? We'll take some nice juicy steaks... some beers... ;)

13. Netsmurf

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    One of the few Spanish words I know is Que? I will use it now - QUE? I hope it does mean what, by the way:D

14. Barmution

Barmution Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Barmution
    Country Flag:
    It's a tough/hard law, but it's the law.

Just like the laws of thermodynamics.

15. Viajero

Viajero Active Member

Country Flag:
    Loven er hårdt, men det er loven. Or in the more common language: Tough $hit :D .

Last edited: Jan 5, 2012
  16. Nikolai II

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Crying was what introduced the 5-game rule, so why shouldn't crying be able to remove it?

Especially since someone will probably change it to 4-game rule later on, just because someone likes to screw with the rules (or those that complained about farming will complain some more, because they already got half of what they wanted).

There is no law, there is just Judge Smurf, changing rules when it amuses him.

17. Viajero

Viajero Active Member

Country Flag:
    Well, yeah. He is the admin and admins do as they please with their leagues. The main measure of a league success is the number of players and its continuity. Having said that he has put a serious number of issues to vote by all, so not exactly "when it amuses him". After all he and the rest of admins are dedicating their time freely for it. Do you want to create a league yourself, do the corresponding admin work and try to manage all participants diverse opinions as applicable? You are very welcome to do it.

As far as I know (Coach correct me if I am wrong) you (all of us) are quite free to:

A) Voice your opinion about CC
    B) Play in this and in any other league, or not. No one is forcing you.
    C) Organize a league of your own more to your liking

My point is that a League played by 30+ players is bound not to be 100% to each and everyone´s liking. The more players, the more difficult is to reconcile opinions. I have my opinion but I would have probably accepted a ruling by Netsmurf totally contrary to that opinion anyways, this is just a game after all. The best part of this league are really the coaches here, the format of the league is secondary for me, and it would be sad to see you leave. Cant see why you seem to want to make such a big issue of all this.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2012
  18. Nikolai II

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    A. Did that.
    B. Well, my conscience is forcing me to play this one out. Not joining the next one.
    C. Interesting idea, but I am not in any forum where I'd feel comfortable about it.

And as far as everyone said, they would all accept status quo, since that was what they had signed up for. Smurf made a change anyway, because he "wanted division 1 to be special". Noble sentiment, perhaps, if not for the fact that he already took back his one attempt at having divisions with changes up and down.

So yes, a single commissioner that makes things up on the spot, instead of sticking to his poll idea, and basically changes things around to invalidate plans made since his last rule change, doesn't feel like a place where I want to invest my spare time.

So you are right - I should not play here.

19. Viajero

Viajero Active Member

Country Flag:
    For the record, I never said that you should or not play here or in any other league, god forbid. I simply said that you have the choice, totally respectable, and that it would be sad to see you leave.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2012
  20. Netsmurf

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    And amuse me it does;), the CC has always been a tourney trying out new ideas and new formats, and should an idea not work, then something else gets tried. This is what I like. I do however not like the idea that all should be set in stone and not changed ever - that is just stagnation and not something to be desired.

Feel free to leave the cup now if you dont want to play in it anymore, I have a replacement ready, just let us know your decision:powdodge:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.