1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Forum Email Validation

Discussion in 'Site News, Bug Reports and Questions' started by Coach, Jan 20, 2016.

1. Coach

Coach Administrator Head Coach

Country Flag:
    Given that I've had a number of people contact me about email validation for the forum not arriving, after some investigation it would appear that hotmail are completely blocking them from arriving and not even making it to the spam box.

If your validation email hasn't arrived (even if not using hotmail) then feel free to use the contact form on the main website to let me know (please include your forum username) and I'll manually validate your account.

I've also been looking into ways of integrating an email service that I can use instead to send the emails from which should hopefully resolve this. I plan on implementing it tomorrow (Thursday 21st Jan) and I'll keep you posted.

Any problems or issues please don't hesitate to let me know and I'll help out where I can. Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused.

2. Coach

Country Flag:
    I believe I've set up the new email sending now. I'm going to keep an eye on it as I'm not 100% sure what I'm doing :)

Any problems let me know please!

3. Coach

Country Flag:
    Sods Law, go through the effort of setting it all up and they email me just now to say they are stopping the free service and piggy backing it onto paid accounts of their other service as an extra paid add-on. So to continue using it I'll have to go from it being free at this volume of email sending, to paying for 2 accounts totalling $30 a month.

Guess that means I'll have to look for an alternative service as they will be adding loads of extra features I don't need to use.

4. Borke

Borke Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Borke
    Country Flag:
    Don't you hate it when programmers go and sell their souls... :p

5. Coach

Country Flag:
    I didn't manage to get a replacement email system set up in time, so currently they are not working. I'm hoping to get it resolved this evening.

If any one needs theirs sorting out before hand I can do it manually, just drop me a message using the contact form.

Please note, this is also affecting email new post notifications.

6. Coach

Country Flag:
    I think I've fixed it, if you aren't getting emails you thought you should then please post a reply and I'll investigate further.