1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modelling Games Workshop release dates

Discussion in 'General Blood Bowl News and Discussion' started by Locky86, Feb 27, 2017.

1. Locky86

Locky86 New Member

Steam Username:
    Locky86
    Country Flag:
    Does anyone know the rough ETAs on other blood bowl miniatures from Games Workshop/Forgeworld?

I'm glad the ogres will be released this week. I'm looking forward to getting the goblins for my orcs, and also a troll.

PS sorry for the underlining, my cell phone won't let me turn it off.

2. Mr Suplex

Mr Suplex Member

Country Flag:
    Can you provide some links to this? I'm about to pull the trigger but want to see what is available. Since the starter teams stupidly don't start with all the players someone would typically want, I'd like to fill out the teams with individual positional players like extra blitzers and black orcs. Is this possible without buying massive amounts of models I don't want?

3. Locky86

Locky86 New Member

Steam Username:
    Locky86
    Country Flag:
    It is possible if you want to watch eBay rigorously. Some sellers have split up the sets so you can buy the individual players. The most sought after position also are not cheap though (human blitzers, orc blitzers, skaven gutter runners all are pretty pricey).

4. mamutas

mamutas Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    mamutas
    Cyanide Username:
    mamutas
    Country Flag:
    Well, the Human team was put for sale on GW site itself. It is on preorder now. And it has Ogre!

5. Hopelesst

Hopelesst New Member

Country Flag:
    GW has plans to release boosters for the extra positionals needed to complete the teams. Unfortunately, it sounds like they will be coming from Forge World, requiring us to tithe to the resin gods.

Seeing the human Ogre in plastic is promising. As I understood it, FW was going to handle all star players, extra positionals, and conversion sets. The Ogre is the same price as the FW stars, but at least he'll be available in stores. It also hints that the positional blisters might also be in plastic and sold through GW, not FW.

6. Mr Suplex

Mr Suplex Member

Country Flag:
    Yes, but it is the full set with tons of extra linemen and throwers that I won't need, since I'll already have 6 linemen and 2 throwers from the box set.

Basically, everyone is going to want extra blitzers, catchers, black orcs, and gutter runners and there is no way to get them right now without going to secondary markets or buying tons of models you don't need or want. Only the dwarf box set is properly designed in terms of team composition (less the deathroller obviously)

Hopelesst likes this.
  7. Hopelesst

Hopelesst New Member

Country Flag:
    This has been a problem with the composition of the team boxes all along. I wasn't playing during the earlier releases, so I don't know how long the team blisters took to come out. Personally, I don't know why they didn't come out with the team boxes. Bring able to own a full, competitive team should drive players to try the game and buy more product.

mamutas likes this.