General General Tactics Questions

sunnyside

Veteran
For getting the ball carrier out of a cage you also have break tackle. Of course there are other ways to get similar or easier rolls to get inside, but break tackle players often have what it takes to get a decent block on the carrier after they get there.

I'm only now branching out into the slower cage moving undead. Previously I used Norse (and at lower TVs), usually I'd have something of a disintigrating cage. On the first turn I've got the cage, and some other players in the area for "cloud" defense or up ahead from my blitz action. Next turn I move forward and assemble a more traditional five player cage as other players are occupied. Next turn I go to a sideline with a three player cage, and the turn after that I score. Obviously every game is different, but that's been a common occurance.

On the sideline cages, I find that unless you're genuinly at risk of having someone run around or somesuch, it's better to not have your ball carrier adjacent to the sideline, and you may be better off without both corners adjacent to the carrier. I guess it's that instead of looking to make a flexible and resiliant structure, you're now looking at something that will let you move one or two players with a minimum of blocks or dodges so that you score.