1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rules GFI on Blitz with Stab

Discussion in 'General Blood Bowl News and Discussion' started by sbr32, Aug 26, 2018.

1. sbr32

sbr32 Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    sbr32
    Country Flag:
    If a player with stab uses his whole movement to reach his target does he need to GFI to hit like you would with a normal blitz?

2. Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch New Member

Country Flag:
    The Blitz is carried out as normal, except you are stabbing instead of blocking, and you are not allowed to make a follow up. So I would guess yes, you do need a GFI, as the same thing occurs with chain saws.

3. sbr32

sbr32 Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    sbr32
    Country Flag:
    Yeah that was the consensus and the way we are playing it, but it doesn't make sense to pay for movement into a square that you cannot move into.

4. Imnogoodatthis85

Imnogoodatthis85 New Member

Steam Username:
    Imnogoodatthis85
    Country Flag:
    If anyone's interested in my view on it here it is.
    When performing a stab action or chainsaw action, in order to do it you would have to be in the square of the opponent in order to perform it then then fall back to you own square hence the the GFI to perform it with out the follow up. During a block you are pushing the opponent away so there for taking up the opponents square if you wanted to.
    I might be wrong but this is how I see it. HTH

5. TheKillerNacho

TheKillerNacho New Member

Steam Username:
    TheKillerNacho
    Country Flag:
    "This player may attack an opponent with their stabbing attack instead of throwing a block at them"

The way I see it, Stab replaces a standard block with a Stab. Since you would normally need to pay the extra space of movement to do a block on a Blitz, that extra movement must already be paid before you can substitute the block with the Stab. So yeah, you would need to GFI.

I feel they would've worded it differently if it did not require an extra space of movement... something like, "At the end of your turn that you could choose to throw a block (either via a Blitz action or if you didn't move or use any other actions) you may Stab a player in an adjacent square", similar to Hypnotic Gaze.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2018
    Imnogoodatthis85 likes this.
  6. Jeliel

Jeliel Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Jeliel
    Country Flag:
    It was cleared a long time ago, can't actually remember exactly where (you know with old age)! :D
    You pay for it even when using a chain or stab at the end of the blitz!