1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gio has entered the building

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Gio, May 26, 2010.

1. Gio

Gio Member

Country Flag:
    Hello BB Community,

I live in Bolivia (South America), in a tiny city called Cochabamba, and I am a BB maniac. I was lucky enough to create a small BB community down here and now I am glad to share my experiences with a broader scope of BB players.

Nice to be here.

Gio

2. Coach

Coach Administrator Head Coach

Country Flag:
    Excellent to hear there is a BB community out there.

Glad to have you aboard Gio, maybe one day I can make it out there for a game! I've always fancied cycling down death road as well.

How did you find the game, I can't imagine there is a Games Workshop store there?!

3. Gio

Gio Member

Country Flag:
    Pleasure to be part of the community Coach.

Deathroad really is a thrill, either if you drive or hike down the Inca Trail (3-day hike through the Andean range down to the tropical Yungas).
    About how I became involved in BB, my best mate is a Brit. He came down here 10 years ago and got me started. We went crazy playing together and eventually purchased over 16 teams between the two of us.
    Now there are about 12 other players (quite impressive for a small city like Cochabamba... ok, it is one of the major cities in the country... but is still small comapred to any other city outside of Bolivia). There is a sort of GW store in the Capital City (La Paz) but they solely play WH40k, even still we can order stuff trhrough them. We also play WH40k here, but Blood Bowl is king (again, quite impressive since most people prefer WH40k over BB... guess I was persuasive enough to talk them into BB).
    So that is, at least part of, the tale.

Gio