1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rules Giving Goblins "Sneaky Git" for free

Discussion in 'General Blood Bowl News and Discussion' started by Werebat, Mar 23, 2018.

1. Werebat

Werebat Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Werebat
    Country Flag:
    I remember hearing something a while back about some officials or other kicking around the idea of giving goblin players the "Sneaky Git" skill for free at level 1.

The more I think about this, the more I like it. It fits them perfectly fluffwise, of course, and I don't see it making them so powerful that it would make the goblin team anything other than -- well, a goblin team.

I DO wonder about the implications for an Underworld team. I love Underworld so I'd be behind it all the way, but I wonder if it might not raise their tier.

And Orc teams... Ahh, Orc teams...

Any thoughts?

2. tys123

tys123 Courier Staff

Country Flag:
    Sneaky Git is such a rubbish skill I don't think it will make much difference.
    It usually only does something on a double 1 or double 2 on the armour roll, sometimes double 3
    So that is 1 in every 12 or 18 fouls.
    If you figure an average of 6 fouls per game that means only 1 person not sent off every 2 or 3 matches for goblins and a lot less for Orcs.

3. Ravers

Ravers Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Ravers
    Country Flag:
    It's a crap skill but if you give Gobbo's sneaky git for free what you gonna give Flings, Snots etc? So no:p.

4. cjblackburn

cjblackburn Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    cjblackburn
    Country Flag:
    I think that the new Doom Diver and to a lesser extent Ooligan buff the Goblins enough already. As probably the best of the Stunty teams I think that is probably enough for now unless ‘flings get another buff and Ogres get something good when they are properly released.

sbr32 likes this.
  5. Werebat

Werebat Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Werebat
    Country Flag:
    I would agree that gobbos are already better than 'flings and ogres.

But I just WANT them to have Sneaky Git. And it IS kind of a rubbish skill, so who cares?

Maybe think of some other rubbish skills to give to 'flings and snotlings/gnoblars? Honestly Sneaky Git works just as well for the snotties and gnoblars, so it's really just Halflings that would need some sort of boost to compensate.

6. tys123

tys123 Courier Staff

Country Flag:
    I think before the latest version there was a guy who improved the stunty teams to narrow down the tiers. I can't remember his name but I know a group did a bit of play testing with it.
    I think Flings got 2 catchers ( AG4 ) and goblins got sneaky git ( May have altered what sneaky git did as well. Go into KO box instead of sent off ).

But the Doom Diver is a pretty big buff for gobos anyway. It means you scatter the right way 3 times so don't need to gfi on a 1 TTD.