1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Goblin Gobbo Mekkaniks' Gild: Bombadiers

Discussion in 'League and Team Development Tactics' started by Captain Thorrek, Nov 30, 2011.

1. Captain Thorrek

Captain Thorrek Member

Country Flag:
    I'm thinking about changing how I use my bombadier, switching from a guarded bomb flinger to a safety/cage breaker and passer. Since I have him for only a single drive, I figure I can get as much use out of him as I can getting both his offensive and defensive aspects going by doing this. Using his bombs for breaking the cages, then grabbing the ball and throwing it could really come in handy, since they use the same skillset. Since I don't have to worry about cost, I can always fire and rehire the git until he gets it right. :pow:

Normal: Side Step, Jump Up, Nothing really after that.

Doubles: Pass, Accurate, Strong Arm

Ability Increases: AG

It's a tough build, I know, but that's where the trusty gobbo cheapness comes into play. :)

What are your thoughts?

2. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    I'd still say it is easier and "safer" to get the bombardier HMP and be able to use him as a cage-breaker for every single turn, then run or toss in a goblin to handoff the ball away from the wreckage, once successful.

Other than that, it does look like an amusing plan :p

3. Mico Selva

Mico Selva Active Member

Country Flag:
    Assuming You roll a lot of doubles and one or two +AG, Bombardier can become a really awesome player. But I don't think You can really assume something like this.

No normal skills really benefit him, though, so unless he gets one of the above on the first skill roll, it's sacking time.

I also agree with Nikolai that Hail Mary Pass will make him more useful overall - both with cage breaking and ball handling. Sending a gobbo cage into the opponent's half and making a HMP into it could actually work, especially if there is some Diving Catch Goblin involved too.