1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Goblins and Halflings should have 4 agility

Discussion in 'Blood Bowl 1' started by Nemanja, Mar 16, 2016.

?

Do you agree?

1. Yes

12.0%
  2. No

88.0%
  1. Nemanja

Nemanja New Member

Country Flag:
    Ok, so if you think about it, Halflings and any Goblin team including Orcs are so unreliable because of these units. They don't excel at anything, having average MA, below average strenght, below average armor, and average agility? Cmon, that's just troll. I don't think if they had 4 agility that they would be anything more viable than Elves, but at least it would make them better at passing game.

2. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    They still have stunty making them worse at passing - but they do have stunty meaning they can get anywhere on a 2+ roll if they are AG4.
    I don't know if it would make them too powerful, but they'd be a lot more powerful than now.

3. Ravers

Ravers Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Ravers
    Country Flag:
    Stunty and AGI4, no way.

4. tys123

tys123 Courier Staff

Country Flag:
    No. They would be way too good.
    In the OCC flings have made it to division 2 ( out of 7 at the time ) and goblins into division 1.
    Both teams just had a couple of AG increases.
    With every player having AG4 a good coach could cause havoc.

5. Street

Street Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Street
    Country Flag:
    Having finally used an AG4 goblin, I voted no as well as it would make my fav race far to easy.

I am not sure about halflings, but one minor buff I thought of for goblins would be to give all of them sneaky git as a starting skill without increasing the player cost, it generally feels like a thick skull sort of skill, nice to have but rare that you would waste a level up taking it.

But then that could very much break them as well and would need testing. Also if all the stunties started at AG4 they would need a cost increase, and I guess skinks would need the increase too and that would make lizards way too good as it greatly increases their risky ball handling abilities.

6. cjblackburn

cjblackburn Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    cjblackburn
    Country Flag:
    Halfling and Goblins are designed to be hard to play. If every team was built to be balanced then it would make the game a bit duller Halflings and Goblins would be bad at Blood Bowl.

I deliberately avoid playing with the most powerful teams in any of the long term leagues I am in. This is in part to avoid the grumpiness associated with the dice.

7. St Cloud

St Cloud Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    St. Cloud
    Country Flag:
    What about the NORSE????? There is no force more powerful then that. :p

8. St Cloud

St Cloud Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    St. Cloud
    Country Flag:
    Skinks with agi 4, would make Lizards close to unbeatable at low and mid TV i think.

9. cjblackburn

cjblackburn Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    cjblackburn
    Country Flag:
    There is one force more powereful than Norse.

The Loner Peasant.

Hopefully you will feel their righteous anger soon.

#FeartheFend

10. Veggente85

Veggente85 Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    VeggenteBBT
    Cyanide Username:
    Veggente
    Country Flag:
    Maybe give agi 4 to SOME of them (i.e. a 0-4). Or an easier access to +1 agi (i.e. any characteristics roll can be a +1 agi).

11. Manticoran

Manticoran Active Member

Cyanide Username:
    Manticoran
    Country Flag:
    Halflings to me clearly need positionals, but I don't think I'd give them AG4. Maybe just a 0-2 or 0-4 of Halfling Blitzers who start with Wrestle would do them a lot of good.

Not sure what I'd do for Goblins, but Street's suggestion seems like a reasonable one, and in the flavor of the team.

12. Nemanja

Nemanja New Member

Country Flag:
    Uhm, have you even read the topic title? It doesn't mention Skinks, and for a good reason. First being that they have 8MA, therefore are compensated for below average strenght and below average armor. Second of all, Saurus is one of the best units in the game and Lizardmen have up to six of them available.

13. Street

Street Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Street
    Country Flag:
    Yes I read it, I just can't see how you could justify goblin, or espically halflings, as being more agile than a skink.

Also it would mean underworld goblins getting AG4 as there would be zero reason why they wouldn't also get it, suddenly 1 skill gets them horns or big hand for good cage busting / ball retrieval even early than they currently do as they won't need to take two heads first.

Regardless, any of the teams with access to stunty players (even flings and gobbos), if they had AG4 on all of them would be far too good with a good coach.

Plus you would have to increase the TV cost of the players, which would mean less inducements for my goblin team or for fling teams, and those are what can make the teams much more fun!

14. notafunhater

notafunhater Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    notafunhater
    Country Flag:
    I've seen suggested rosters where halflings have 0-4 "halfling catchers" with 4agi and an increased cost. I would support that, but I agree with Street that 4agi across the board would make stunty teams far too good.

15. Werebat

Werebat Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Werebat
    Country Flag:
    I'd love to see Underworld get SOMETHING, but I too think 4 AGI goblins would be too much.

Night Goblins (who are supposedly the sort of goblins UW teams have on them) are the ones who brew madcap mushrooms for the goblin fanatics to drink, so thematically it would make sense to put one of them on their roster, but again, too powerful I think. Cheaper potions might make sense if potions were commonly used in league play. I've heard it said that UW would get a nice shot in the arm if all of their induceable players were part of the game (Skitter Stab-Stab, etc).

16. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    I think a fanatic for underworld would be fine, certainly not OP (bribes are 100k after all). Proper stars would help a bit too.

17. Manticoran

Manticoran Active Member

Cyanide Username:
    Manticoran
    Country Flag:
    ...Honestly, I'd just be excited by the Tentacles Fanatic more than anything else.

notafunhater likes this.
  18. coachman

coachman Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    bjj hero
    Country Flag:
    Definately not. Id cause mayhem with agi4 stunties
    They would be impossible to contain and would 1ttd with ease. Thats before the benefits orcs would get having agi4 catchers...