1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Greetings!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Zharud Darksoul, Feb 9, 2010.

1. Zharud Darksoul

Zharud Darksoul New Member

Greetings to everybody!

I'm from Hungary and I bought my first Blood Bowl boxed set (3rd edition) 4 days ago. So I'm a total newcomer to this very fascinating game.

I only have a vague understanding of the rules so far, but I've decided not to start with an Orc or Human team. I decided to save money to build up a Chaos Dwarf team. Why Chaos Dwarfs? Because I've been into pen & paper role-playing and fantasy literature for more than a decade now (the Warhammer world is one of my favourite settings) and I have a great love for Dwarfs and evil creatures. And combining the two would be awesome.:cool:

However, I have a few fears concerning this game: The first one is not finding any coaches to play against. I think I'm the only one in my county. I'm planning to infect my role-player friends though.:D The second one is painting the figures. I just don't want to screw up something I bought for a lot of money, so I'm horrified of this task.

Anyway, I'm really glad to have found this forum. And sorry for the long rant.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2010
  2. Coach

Coach Administrator Head Coach

Country Flag:
    Welcome to the forum!

There are Hungarian players, they have sent a team to the Eurobowl on a couple of occasions before. As for trouble finding people to play against, check out stuntyleeg.com where you can play online for free. I believe there is a league in Budapest if you are based there.

Chaos Dwarfs are a good choice though, solid team. I wouldn't worry about painting, you can always strip the paint off if you aren't happy with it. Can always get some cheap old figures from other games off ebay to practice on as well if you like.

3. Zharud Darksoul

Zharud Darksoul New Member

Hello Coach!

I live in Southern Hungary, so Budapest is out of the question. But there are several BB gamers in the neighbouring county's seat, the city of Pécs. That's where I bought the game too. But they're probably using the new rules and I'd rather stick to the old ones. At least until I know more about playing BB.

Thanks for the link. I will register ASAP.

4. RedDevilCG

RedDevilCG Member

Welcome zharud Darksoul! If you ever want to try and practice some games online, check out stuntyleeg.com like Coach mentioned above. I'm sure someone would be happy to show you the ropes.