Gallows Bait

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Gallows-Bait
Cyanide Username
Gallows Bait
Country Flag
Hello all,

It's been a long while...about 5 years in fact. Life got very busy and complicated for a while. And I have to admit I was not a fan of BB2 development, so I thought I'd walked away for good to be honest.

But.. Covid19 does strange things to us all. I've been scrambling around for a hobby and after giving MTG a go for a while, I found myself getting back into the Games Workshop hobby.

Fast forward through several weeks of lockdown and I found my 1998 and 1990 copies of Bloodbowl while rooting about for miniatures to test paint. Sadly a couple of very old plastic teams were all I had to show after divesting of 30 years of GW hobby gear... But it rekindled my interest in Bloodbowl. A few nights later my wife wanted to try her hand at painting for the first time and ended up painting one of the old Orcs.

Long story short, there's a copy of Bloodbowl in the post somewhere with my name on it and here I am again...

So, what have I missed?

Supa

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
Supa
Cyanide Username
Supajee
Country Flag
Welcome back! Before I was a member I used to lurk these forums quite a bit, mostly reading Coach's and Nikolai's posts. I recall you taking part of those conversations quite a lot as well, and was little disappointed you suddenly disappeared. ;)

I might not be best person to say what you've missed. Game's been pretty much the same and you must be aware of BB2016 release on tabletop. Other than that, just wild rumors and speculation of the possible new edition on tabletop and/or BB3 being revealed for real.

TravelScrabble

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
travelscrabble
Cyanide Username
travelscrabble
Country Flag
Hey Gallows, you were still running Crunch Cup when I joined BBT and started playing for the first time. Not too many names from that period still around but you'll recognize @tys123 who wins everything now, and @jrpeart , @danton resurfaced recently and @Netsmurf occasionally pops by. There's quite a lot to like about BB2016 and a lot that is controversial too. Be interested to hear what you make of it.

Gallows Bait

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Gallows-Bait
Cyanide Username
Gallows Bait
Country Flag
Hey Gallows, you were still running Crunch Cup when I joined BBT and started playing for the first time. Not too many names from that period still around but you'll recognize @tys123 who wins everything now, and @jrpeart , @danton resurfaced recently and @Netsmurf occasionally pops by. There's quite a lot to like about BB2016 and a lot that is controversial too. Be interested to hear what you make of it.

Yeah, it does look like a lot of change, mostly the peripherals like stadiums, balls and inducements from what I've seen so far, but I haven't acquired the almanacs yet so I'm only picking up bits and pieces. I can see some teams have new positionals too, not sure how I feel about that.

I'm glad there are still a few folks around who remember me and my ever present mediocrity. :)

Ahhh.. Crunch Cup, yes. I wasn't the founder nor did I see it's end, but it was my baby for a few seasons. I have very very fond memories of it ( as well as folders full of screenshots and art somewhere on my OneDrive).

Who knows, given my addictive personality, we may see it again one day... :p

Street

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Street
Country Flag
Nice to see you back, pretty sure I joined around same time as Travelscrabble so I recognise your name as well! Hopefully can see you on the pitch again in the future! :)

danton

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
danton
Country Flag
This game either becomes part of your dna, or it spits you out and makes you want to set everything on fire, or both... :D

When BB2 came out I didn't have a machine that could run it properly and had also changed to a new job that left me with less free time to play online. Then BB2016 came out and I began to get into Table Top, organising NAF tournaments and eventually setting up a league here in Buenos Aires. I even learnt how to paint! The new rules aren't perfect (piling on nerf cough cough), but I think some of the changes are beneficial and you can easily ignore a lot of the extra stuff.

I was able to get hold of a machine that can run BB2 recently and since the lock down have had a lot more time to play. We took our local TT league online and I am also part of a broader South American league. I recently rejoined OCC again too and play some games on CCL. Hopefully will play here again one day once I manage to balance everything out again lol, or maybe if BB3 comes out one day...

Gallows Bait

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Gallows-Bait
Cyanide Username
Gallows Bait
Country Flag
This game either becomes part of your dna, or it spits you out and makes you want to set everything on fire, or both... :D

When BB2 came out I didn't have a machine that could run it properly and had also changed to a new job that left me with less free time to play online. Then BB2016 came out and I began to get into Table Top, organising NAF tournaments and eventually setting up a league here in Buenos Aires. I even learnt how to paint! The new rules aren't perfect (piling on nerf cough cough), but I think some of the changes are beneficial and you can easily ignore a lot of the extra stuff.

I was able to get hold of a machine that can run BB2 recently and since the lock down have had a lot more time to play. We took our local TT league online and I am also part of a broader South American league. I recently rejoined OCC again too and play some games on CCL. Hopefully will play here again one day once I manage to balance everything out again lol, or maybe if BB3 comes out one day...

Great to see you still about Danton, and especially getting involved in tabletop play, that's great to hear. And yes, this game has been a part of my life on and off for thirty years and I still keep coming back in the end...

danton

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
danton
Country Flag
I actually owned the first edition TT game. I bought it when I was in secondary school in´87 along with the the Death Zone expansion, which came out soon afterwards. Can see myself still playing this game as an old man some day! o_O

Kjelstad

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
Kjelstad
Cyanide Username
Kjelstad
Country Flag
After the better part of a decade off I found I enjoy the game again.
I remember you well. I recall naming thralls after you. Then watching them die gruesome deaths. But then I do recognize everyone in this thread. Other than this "Coach" guy.

Gallows Bait

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Gallows-Bait
Cyanide Username
Gallows Bait
Country Flag
I remember you well. I recall naming thralls after you. Then watching them die gruesome deaths. But then I do recognize everyone in this thread. Other than this "Coach" guy.

Hah, yeah there were a few teams which I remember having players named after me. That's also where I stole the title of "eternal rookie" from Lebe having a player named for me that steadfastly refused to earn any SPP.. so true to life.

Good to see you around as well, it's great having some familiar faces still here and I look forward to seeing you on the pitch in due course!

danton

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
danton
Country Flag
I am fairly sure my darkies faced your bats back in BB1 in the OCC! I think they were the only Vamp team I ever played against there.

Rob Crowley

Veteran
Steam Username
N/A
Country Flag
Welcome back to the game. From reading some of the posts here, it sounds like the leagues are quite the big thing, especially the Crunch league. I'm off to double-check that thread to find out what it's all about.

So, what's your go-to team?

Gallows Bait

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Gallows-Bait
Cyanide Username
Gallows Bait
Country Flag
Welcome back to the game. From reading some of the posts here, it sounds like the leagues are quite the big thing, especially the Crunch league. I'm off to double-check that thread to find out what it's all about.

So, what's your go-to team?

Thanks. Yes we have several leagues here at various times although they are PC based.

My go to team over time has been Humans, though not usually with much success but I can't help myself.

Rob Crowley

Veteran
Steam Username
N/A
Country Flag
Not a bad choice, really, the team gives you a wide, wide range of options to try out when building the players up. Not easy when faced with bashy buggers, like Dwarf or Chaos teams.

Netsmurf

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Netsmurf
Country Flag
Nice to see you have escaped the noose - at least for the time being. I work in Greenland and have crappy internet, so I cant even play Fumbble :mad: Only thing left for me is play by email, but I really dislike the client, so I do not do that either. Still travel to TT tourneys, but Papa Nurgles increased interest in the world have messed up all that also. Hope to play you sometime in the future:D

Gallows Bait

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Gallows-Bait
Cyanide Username
Gallows Bait
Country Flag
Nice to see you have escaped the noose - at least for the time being. I work in Greenland and have crappy internet, so I cant even play Fumbble :mad: Only thing left for me is play by email, but I really dislike the client, so I do not do that either. Still travel to TT tourneys, but Papa Nurgles increased interest in the world have messed up all that also. Hope to play you sometime in the future:D

Great to see you still about Netsmurf, such a shame your internet has never improved over there. :(