1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello all!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by JJape, Sep 14, 2014.

1. JJape

JJape Active Member

Cyanide Username:
    JJape
    Country Flag:
    Hi all! I started playing Blood Bowl just a month ago (Cyanide version on Steam), and have found the game very fascinating.

I started by competing against AI, and then getting my ass kicked in multiplayer. After this I wanted to improve myself, and found all the great articles here, which have helped me get at least some success against low level players (at Auld and Naggaroth).

Now I would be interested to play in some open league with irregular or semiregular (once a week) schedule. By quickly look at the forums, it seems CTA would be good place to start, or I should find some private league with matches once a week.

2. PimpWizard

PimpWizard Member

Cyanide Username:
    PimpWizard
    Country Flag:
    Welcome! Play a few games in CTA if you can, then get on the waiting list for the Big Crunch or Crunch Cup to get a weekly match in a persistent cup / league format. The standard's pretty high here - but that's the best way to learn!

That said, it'll be a couple of months until the next season of either persistent competition arrives. It might also be worth checking out the Orca-Cola Championship, which has a similar format but more teams and sometimes start a mid-season competition for newbie teams.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2014
  3. kopmcginty

kopmcginty Member

Country Flag:
    Hi. like you I used this site as a great source of info but only recently started playing CTA here. League at some point maybe but I do play in a league elsewhere atm.

What Pimpwizard said basically.

Single player AI is a joke and Auld and Nagg are very hit and miss. The quality of opposing player is massively varied and there is a lot of min/maxing and other cheesing that goes on.

I much prefer the small league I joined (New Ogham) and here. I've struggled for results but learnt a hell of a lot more. My experience with these better coaches has been very positive. Most of them have been happy to chat about their thinking and strategy or where they think you screwed up. Whereas the public leagues some people only talk to be asses if at all. Their teams tend to be actual teams too. Built to play and win but not abusing the system which is all too possible ( teams of uber positionals and all loner lino's that get to play against rookie teams cos matchmaking is borked for example).

4. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
  5. JJape

JJape Active Member

Cyanide Username:
    JJape
    Country Flag:
    Thanks for all the advice: I have also found the AI to be really dumb, and quality of Auld and Naggaroth greatly varied. CC and BC sound interesting, but apparently the seasons on them have just started: when do the next seasons start? About 2 months?

Anyway I applied with some teams with different playstyles to CTA, might as well take a look at applying New Ogham.

6. kopmcginty

kopmcginty Member

Country Flag:
    We are pretty close to end of this season, not sure when new one starts as I only just rejoined. However, similar to here, you can play 5 games to prep a new team etc.

7. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Since everything seems to have been covered, I'll just add another "welcome to the forums". :)