1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello all

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Purgatory, Jan 24, 2011.

1. Purgatory

Purgatory Member

Country Flag:
    I'm fairly new to the game, and I'm currently playing in a local league with friends from the university, and despite my lack of experience I'm doing quite well so far. I'm currently playing my second (short, 6-7 games, but teams are carried over) league and so far I haven't dropped a game yet, and my Woodies are racking up TD's like there's no tomorrow. I'm right now anticipating the final game vs. Slann, to see who will win the league in the end, and though his team is less developed than mine, he has a lot more experience than me, we're talking years, so it should be a sweet game.

I can only thank this site for the success, it really helped a lot especially when developing my positional players early. So thank you, Coach, for all the help there. :)

Oh, and also, before anyone yells at me for playing Woodies, I only picked that team because I used to play Wood Elves in WFB, I didn't know they were that easy. :p

Last edited: Jan 24, 2011
  2. Coach

Coach Administrator Head Coach

Country Flag:
    Welcome to Purgatory!

Don't apologise for using Wood Elves, they are a very popular team, I just have a personal dislike towards them.

Good luck in the final, let us know how it goes.

3. sweMezza

sweMezza New Member

Country Flag:
    A countryman and another Scandinavian player. Seems to be quite a few of us around. Welcome!

4. Purgatory

Purgatory Member

Country Flag:
    Thanks for the welcome, guys, and I'll be sure to tell you guys how it all ended. Unfortunately, I think the Slann player is a game behind and his opponent had the nerve to go on vacation in the middle of our league. :) So our game might be a few weeks away still.

5. Coach

Country Flag:
    Where is the league based. Would be nice to see the Swedish tabletop scene take off a bit. Be good to see a team perhaps at the World Cup in Amsterdam this year or possibly more likely the Eurobowl in Denmark 2012.

6. Purgatory

Purgatory Member

Country Flag:
    Getting to either wouldn't be much of a problem. I'll have to dig around for some info, though.

EDIT: I could only find a couple of forum threads on Eurobowl 2012, is there an official website or something?

Last edited: Jan 25, 2011
  7. Netsmurf

Netsmurf Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    Official web side is not up yet, the planning is taking place at dbba.dk, all in danish but you should have no problems with that.

8. Coach

Country Flag:
    The NAF website should be having an official World Cup page at some point, until then all the info is on the forum. You may need to be a member to view it though. Places are limited but there first team from any single country is guaranteed a place. Swedish players historically though don't appear to like going to table top tournaments, so there isn't a Swedish team down for the world cup afaik.

Wouldn't worry about the Eurobowl yet, it is over 18 months away.

9. Purgatory

Purgatory Member

Country Flag:
    Thanks for the info guys, and 18 months is good, I most likely need that time to convince people to join me there :)

10. Purgatory

Purgatory Member

Country Flag:
    Nuffle smiled towards me today, and I took a sweet 2-1 victory over the frogs. Despite the maniac with the chainsaw and the stabby skink, I still had 10 players on the pitch and thus enough to score in the last round of the second half. Final game of the league and I ended up with a 7/0/0-record and +19 TDs. Good times :)

11. Netsmurf

Netsmurf Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    Thats a nice record - congratulation:pow:

12. Purgatory

Purgatory Member

Country Flag:
    Thanks. Granted, it was a newbie league, but I'm a newbie too, this was only my second league, so I'm satisfied with the results. Moving up a tier in the next league however, and anticipating some really bashy teams coached by some old-timers, so I don't think I'll do that well next time around. :p

13. Maddenstein

Maddenstein New Member

Country Flag:
  14. Purgatory

Purgatory Member

Country Flag:
    No, sorry. I don't recall having an account on that site.