1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello there!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by bintz, May 10, 2011.

1. bintz

bintz Active Member

Country Flag:
    Hey, first of all excuse my poor english, I dont have much occasion to practice it anymore.

About me: Im french and I used to play table top Blood Bowl 15 years ago in my teenager years. I then bought Chaos League when Cyanide released it but never played it that much.

Lately, some friends bought BB and started playing again, making use of the video game to avoid organisation problems with real life games. After a few months trying to talk me into buying it... well... I finally did!

We're currently running a 6 players private league, just for fun and who knows, maybe I'll enter some bigger league someday.

About races, I mainly play Dark Elves (always have, still have my miniatures somewhere) but those news teams (especially Necromantics) sounds like a lot of fun too.

Ive been lurking on the forum a lot for the past few weeks and I find it especially interesting, Ill try to participate more actively in the future.

See you around the forum!

2. Coach

Coach Administrator Head Coach

Country Flag:
    Hi bintz, thanks for signing up and welcome back to the game!

France has a big Blood Bowl following and there are some of the largest tournaments in the world there every year. I think there is a league in Paris that may be the largest in the world for number of coaches who play. If you want to step over to the live scene you are in the right country for it.

3. bintz

bintz Active Member

Country Flag:
    Thanks Coach!

Yeah, Ive heard that there are a lot of stuff going on in the country but Im not too sure I want to spend that much time playing live. Its much more practical to play online. :)

4. Netsmurf

Netsmurf Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    If your minis are 2nd edition and you want to part with them, then let me know and welcome back to this amazing sport:pow:

5. bintz

bintz Active Member

Country Flag:
    Thank you Netsmurf, those are the minis I used: Blood Bowl Dark Elves

They must be 2nd edition but they are part of history, I cant sell them ;)

6. Netsmurf

Netsmurf Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    Thats the second ed all right, if you get the chance then compare the zice of them to third ed. Funny how 28mm scale seems to grow with later ed´s:powdodge:

7. Gallows Bait

Gallows Bait Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Gallows-Bait
    Cyanide Username:
    Gallows Bait
    Country Flag:
    Indeed the scale of GW models has grown to the point they don't ever say 28mm.

If scale is discussed they also toss around the words "Heroic scale" which is used to describe why items such as hands and weapons are larger than scale.

I do love the old 2nd edition models, cost a bit to collect now via ebay though.

8. bintz

bintz Active Member

Country Flag:
    Yeah, back in the days, I bought the 2 furies from 3rd (?) edition since they didnt exist en 2nd edition. Those ladies must on steroids to be that big compared to their male team mates. :)