1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cyanide Help Blassc decide, get a cookie

Discussion in 'League and Team Development Tactics' started by Blasscend, Jun 3, 2013.

1. Blasscend

Blasscend Member

Cyanide Username:
    Blassc_end
    Country Flag:
    Now, lets start off with me telling you the cookie is a lie. Shocking, I know.

And now for the serious part.
    I quite enjoy playing pro elves, but I really need a change of pace. So, I have tried almost all the teams except for a few to help me decide which to use next UM season. Thing is, nuffle seems to not like that at all, so I had really crappy dice those games except a few. So, I didn´t get to see what those are able to do.

So, I would very much appreciate any help regarding this decision. As I write this I´ve just tried humans for 5-6 games. Terrible dice, though awesome skillups. I kinda want something different..so, my must have/not have and would be nice lists:

MH: Flexibility, throwing option without having to skill up a normal player just to do that, so kind of a thrower type required. Also: A few starting skills, average to good hitting power, speed and at least some pitch removal options.

MNH: Completely bash, dwarves, all out caging style, AV 7 (too much of it at least, I have come to like av8), reliance on one player type/positional, HiE (Silly hatted arrogant pricks if you ask me ;)) and some things I can´t think of atm.

WBN: A bit of agility, not too many cash issues and lastly, to stay at least competitive against most teams at any tv.

Thanks for even reading this stuff, and also: Any ideas for a theme would be appreciated too, this team will get a proper team blog and I will try to make it to the royalists league and so on if they don´t go all belly up.

I´ve never had such problems deciding in TT back in the day...though that´s just because I didn´t have the money to buy all teams, lol.

Over and out, have a nice day/evening/morning, whatever it is. Timezones are a bitch.

2. Deluge

Deluge Member

Country Flag:
    Teams with throwers:
    Amazon, Elf, Norse, Helf, Human, Khemri (lol), Orcs, Skaven, Welf.

Speed rules out Amazon and Orcs.
    AV 7 rules out Elf, Norse, Skaven and Welf.
    Bit of agility rules out Humans and Khemri.

So the only team left that matches is High Elves, except they are apparently "a bunch of hatted pricks"

So obviously all your demands cannot be met, so I can suggest teams like Dark Elves and Necromantic to match your description as much as possible, however none of those teams comes with a skilled thrower.

I guess you just can't have the cake and eat it too.

3. jrpeart

jrpeart Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    jrpeart
    Cyanide Username:
    jrpeart
    Country Flag:
    Dark Elf Runners are effectively passers as they can get Pass and Accurate on normal rolls. They are also the epitome of flexibility.

The other close options are Humans who lose out based on only being AG3, and Ncro who lose out by not having a Thrower type.

4. SorroW

SorroW Member

Country Flag:
    Yeah... just what we need... more dark elves.... :rolleyes:

Still think that you should go with Humans. Since they are more or less what you look for. Just that AG3 thing...

/SorroW, who actually wants to play humans, but suck really hard with them....

5. Blasscend

Blasscend Member

Cyanide Username:
    Blassc_end
    Country Flag:
    So, basically Darkies or Humies. Thanks, after having played humans a bit the last few days that basically makes it darkies. Yay? After all, still elves, just..dark? Well, true,while HiE would also fit my playstyle; it's the same thing other than the fluff reasons that kinda sets them apart. Too similar to pro elves I'd say. Now only the theme is left. Letting others help is so much easier :D

6. danton

danton Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    danton
    Country Flag:
    Well both my current league teams at the moment happen to be Dark Elves and Humans and both teams are a lot of fun. Humans give you more bashing options and are good for fouling with. Darkies give you some more flair and flavour, but their tv can skyrocket very fast!

Both races favour the running game, but both can pass the ball ok. If you like fouling then go with Humans, otherwise darkies! ;)

7. Barristan

Barristan Member

Country Flag:
    Vamps. Only team with ST4 AND AG4. Plus an OP skill. And AV8 + regen. And they can pass (what mine do best actually :p). And access to Strength for pitch removal. Sure half your team is AV7 but it's not like you care if they die. And they should be fun - if not easy at the start - to play with. Where's that cookie?

8. Blasscend

Blasscend Member

Cyanide Username:
    Blassc_end
    Country Flag:
    As if I didn't already know that Danton, I read both and have commented in them ;)
    No. Vamps. Seriously. I have played them for a while. I'd rather have my opponent wreck my team than myself.
    I'll probably go with darkies, already foul too much :D
    [​IMG]
    There you go mate, don't have the time to actually make some myself. And the money. Cookies would be luxury..I'm kinda broke all the time, sadly :/

9. Limdood

Limdood Well-Known Member

Near Chicago, Illinois - in the United States of A
    Country Flag:
    I might be too late, but if you want something:

A) Completely different than pros
    B) challenging, but with CTALE allowing effectively an 11 game intro, should be moderately strong

Why not try:
    Khorne Daemons!

Their linemen have passing access....get +AG on one of them, and BAM! effective passer...slow to level, but they can do it.

Bloodletters are AV7 with regen and an apothecary, and have GSA access on NORMAL rolls (hello catch OR diving catch for at least 1 of them...you get up to 4!) and blitz at ST4 with juggernaut

Some of the strongest pitch removal in the game, with juggernaut cancelling SF, you'll be forcing a lot of players to stop relying on their "safe" sideline people.

Strong big Guy, with Horns, frenzy, claw, and juggernaut to start, he can essentially skip block.

Lots of frenzy on the team, so in addition to an interesting challenge, you also have a no-brainer decision to take +MA any time it comes up.

Just a thought....it fits nearly every criteria you lay out, except speed, which they SHOULD level into. They can be built to play the ball while having an effective hitting game. They get downright good with only a single skill, getting several dice to take opponents down (frenzy, the poor man's tackle!), their positionals have a wide variety of roles, with bloodletters being able to be custom built for ANY role except passer.

10. Limdood

Limdood Well-Known Member

Near Chicago, Illinois - in the United States of A
    Country Flag:
    oooh, another thought...figured it deserved its own post:

LIZARDS!

Only 3 positionals, but after a few levels (and some luck getting there!) your saurii should be a swiss army knife of skills with block/guard, block/tackle, BT/frenzy/Juggernaut, Block/MB, etc. Who needs throwers when you can run 8, handoff, and run another 8, and the skinks DO gain acces to catch for those important handoff rolls. Plus they serve another role as DT markers. Krox is a superb big guy with dodge deterrence right off the bat, easy stand-ups if he gets knocked over, and takes SF as a no-brainer at level 2. He's a terror if he gets block too!

Disclaimer: part of the reason for these appeals to Khorne and Lizards is because there is ENTIRELY too many AV8 elf teams out there. dark elves just seem like an inexorable flood of "you'd better get lucky if you wanna beat me!"

11. The Charlatan

The Charlatan New Member

Country Flag:
    I suggest Underworld.

Yeah, they have AV7. And stunty. But losing a few (or most) players dosen't damage the team too much.

And they are great fun and have all the other things you like.

I fell in love with them, and i like about the same things that you seem to like in a team. And i hate HiE for the same reasons! (and also them being the most OP army when i was playing WFB some years ago)

Give them a try if you haven't yet.

12. Blasscend

Blasscend Member

Cyanide Username:
    Blassc_end
    Country Flag:
    I've developed a burning hate for both Khorne and Lizards. Stupid regen, always works when you play against it but play while having it..ugh. And the lizards..well, ask claams' unelected. Tripping poor elven linos and blitzers to their demise. Especially Al Kroxigore..thanks anyway :)

I have tried Underworld, quite a bit, but I just feel like they are not "my" team. Though the mutations are fun. I'll probably go with the darkies :) But before making the final drcision I'll have to play a few test games with them and some of the other suggested teams.

/Blassc, on his way to work. At about 12 pm. I had breakfast for dinner today. Weird shit man.

13. Blasscend

Blasscend Member

Cyanide Username:
    Blassc_end
    Country Flag:
    So, I´ve now decided on Darkies. Av 8 is sooo nice compared to av 7!
    For the theme...well, I like to have theme songs for my themed teams. Someone sent me a link to a REALLY funny german song. It´s called "Glück auf" by Betontod. Meaning it´d be alcohol themed. That would certainly be kinda redundant considering another team blog round here with that theme, also darkies. Any ideas?

14. Jbecks

Jbecks Member

Cyanide Username:
    jbecks
    Country Flag:
    Your come back to Pro Elfs....Our teams have a certain Charm about them that only the brave discover.
    Plus we have benefits like hot chicks and the best parties in town.

15. Blasscend

Blasscend Member

Cyanide Username:
    Blassc_end
    Country Flag:
    Might very well be the case at some point. After all, I´ve mainly played them for most of my TT time as well as cyanide version time. So..yeh. Turns out, if I don´t play them, my WDL ration suddenly goes south. FAST. I went from about 58 to just about 40% in not that much time, though the flings certainly helped with that...love those too, but I just can´t stomach playing them seriously.

And also, I miss my mohawk. I had one for 5 months until last month where I lost this good friend at a party. Good night, sweet prince.

Now for something more serious: Name the first category of things that come to your mind when you read my name :D Will choose the best one. Yep. I´m lazy as hell. Just don´t let it be nicknames....

16. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    Surgical equipment

17. Ken

Ken Kenny the Mechanic

Country Flag:
    Logical Phalllusy

18. Jbecks

Jbecks Member

Cyanide Username:
    jbecks
    Country Flag:
    Testicals

Don't know why but balls deep comes to mind ooooo errrr

19. Fallowheart

Fallowheart Active Member

Cyanide Username:
    Fallowheart
    Country Flag:
    Been thinking about a team called 'Head Games'... where names are a sort of description of something that might be wrong with someones head or way of thinking.

examples:

Life Hands You Melons
    Happy Sad Happy Sad
    Blitz Me and Me too
    Laces Out

a bit of a game for your opponent to figure them out too. Originally i was going to use this for an Underworld team, but i think you can have it ;)

20. Blasscend

Blasscend Member

Cyanide Username:
    Blassc_end
    Country Flag:
    Considering I work at a hospital that´d be lovely!
    I couldn´t come up with enough of those I fear :D
    Well you can surely make balls out of Blassc with a little effort, lol.
    That´d be awesome too! Also, Insane in the membrane kinda comes to mind for this. For surgical equipment..well, Dr. House them? :D
    Thanks for all the comments, I appreciate them. Now I kinda have to decide..but the Head Games one is the favourite atm. Me, myself and I would also be a nice one :)