1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Human Help on developing Human catcher

Discussion in 'League and Team Development Tactics' started by Snax90, Jul 23, 2017.

1. Snax90

Snax90 New Member

Country Flag:
    Hi, i joined this game few months ago, and im in novice league atm.
    im playing with human team, and already lvld up 2 of my blitzers with guard, and 1 catcher has block. Recently rolled 12 for the previous catcher, and im not sure if i should add +1ST or other abilities like nerves of steel. which one would you recommend?

thanks for the help.

2. sbr32

sbr32 Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    sbr32
    Country Flag:
    I would take the +ST for sure. And in general Nerves of Steel is not a very good skill, there is almost always something better to take.

Are you playing on tabletop? BB2 video game?

3. Snax90

Snax90 New Member

Country Flag:
    I play both, but the league is on tabletop. So +ST rather than skills? i was thinking about fend or sidestep

4. sbr32

sbr32 Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    sbr32
    Country Flag:
    Yes. If you wanted to take a skill instead it should probably be Guard, since it needs a double and Fend or Sidestep don't.

But I would take the Strength, it is a pretty big upgrade on a ST2 piece.

Snax90 likes this.
  5. Snax90

Snax90 New Member

Country Flag:
    I see, thanks for the answer!

6. mamutas

mamutas Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    mamutas
    Cyanide Username:
    mamutas
    Country Flag:
    You also getting other chances to upgrade skills more often than rolling 12. So, take +STR, it is almost always a better option on most of the units.

Snax90 likes this.
  7. Sataric

Sataric Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    Sataric
    Cyanide Username:
    Sataric
    Country Flag:
    The odds of rolling 6 + 6 on the dice is less than 3%. Happens once in every 36 level-ups on average. There are very few cases where I would ignore the +STR. Nuffle has chosen this player for greatness!

martybhoy, Mr Suplex and Snax90 like this.
  8. Snax90

Snax90 New Member

Country Flag:
    I played a match today and having +ST really helped a lot!

Now im going against lizardmen!

9. mamutas

Steam Username:
    mamutas
    Cyanide Username:
    mamutas
    Country Flag:
    The biggest strength of Lizards are their Saurii. However, they start with no skills and that is their largest drawback. Your goal is to keep Saurii separated as much as possible, don't let them freely to move around and bunch up together. If that happens you have really hard time to either attack or defend. And then attack the skinks as much as possible. Lizards without skinks struggle badly to move the ball around, if at all.

10. Snax90

Snax90 New Member

Country Flag:
    Problem is that his lizards already have block. hah

11. mamutas

Steam Username:
    mamutas
    Cyanide Username:
    mamutas
    Country Flag:
    Saurii will hit you with or without Block. But they won't go anywhere without Break Tackle. So use you linemen to impede on their mobility as much as possible.

Snax90 likes this.
  12. Snax90

Snax90 New Member

Country Flag:
    Thankyou, i will do my best!

13. Valcurdra

Valcurdra Active Member

Country Flag:
    Personally I think +str on a human catcher is pure bloat. I would rather take guard and bank a the 20k TV.

I simply don't find my catchers playing a role that requires the extra strength.

Str 3 Is only useful for avoiding 3 dice hits. I actually prefer str2 with dauntless than str3.

14. Mr Suplex

Mr Suplex Member

Country Flag:
    Strength is almost always the way to go. There is a reason you need a perfect roll for it.

After that, I would probably give the guy Wrestle and turn him into a power safety/defensive player. My St2 Catcher with Wrestle/Tackle is a force, and a St3 one will be all the more effective.

sbr32 likes this.