1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chaos Dwarf Help with Skill Up

Discussion in 'League and Team Development Tactics' started by chef, Mar 11, 2011.

1. chef

chef New Member

Country Flag:
    Being newish to chadwarves, i'm in a dilemma. I have a +ST centaur that just rolled double 5s. I'm thinking MA, but not sure if catch or dodge would be a better option. Other skills include two claw blockers, 2 guard blockers, and a kick hobbo. What to do?

Edit: fixed a grammar issue i overlooked.

2. Murkglow

Murkglow Member

+Mv is always a nice choice, especially on a team that's not overly fast anyway. Dodge is also fine. Not a fan of Catch though.

3. John McGuirk

John McGuirk Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    If you're thinking about +MV, why not Sure Feet? It kinda-sorta works as a +2MV, if you think about it.

Dodge is always a fine choice too. No one likes dealing with ST4 Blodgers, and with Stand Firm and Guard coming on natural rolls he would be the scourge of enemy ball carriers once you broke him into a cage.

EDIT: Because they already have Sure Feet, duh. And I was so pleased for coming up with that too :(

Last edited: Mar 12, 2011
  4. Netsmurf

Netsmurf Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    I think that speed kills so I would go with +MA that gives you a range equal to a wardancer and that is nice. Otherwise diving tackle could be worth a bundle if you use him as a safety.

5. Grumbledook

Grumbledook Member

Country Flag:
    I'd probably go for dodge

they are already plenty fast compared to the rest of your team, though all the speed in the world isn't any good if you can't get away from that zombie that is marking you

lack of block is a bit of a pain, though lots of the players you will be hitting (I assume you are building him as a blitzer) will have block anyway

so follow up with break tackle and you've got a nice mobile st5 player who doesn't have loner and is going to be hard to knock over

guess it depends how you want to develop him

Last edited: Mar 12, 2011
  6. chef

chef New Member

Country Flag:
    I ended up taking dodge. I will probably take break tackle next and then block. Thanks for the help guys!