Hi there!

Ging

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Ging
Country Flag
Hello fellow Blood Bowlers,

I've been a frequent visitor to the BBTactics site for a couple of months now, so thought it was about time I said hello.

My brother & I used to play BB 2nd edition a long time ago (~20 years ago, ouch!) but never in a proper league or anything. Hadn't played it since, but then I saw BBLE in a Steam sale in October 2011 and have been re-acquainting myself with the electronic BB dice ever since! :pow:

The excellent articles by Coach and numerous threads on this site have helped me back into the saddle.

So far I've just been playing a HiE campaign against the AI, partly to get some game time and partly because finding the time to play a whole match online is pretty rare at the moment.
If and when I do get some time to play online where's a good place to start? Obviously there's the CTA if someone happens to be available, but if not then where's the next point of call? FOL?

Keep up the good work!
Ging

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
Forum Open League just changed their rules to demand that coaches must have played 10 games elsewhere before they can apply with (new) teams to FOL.

So CTA (for pick-up games) and Naggaroth (for Matchmaking) - or join a private league with weekly games (like CC) with a rookie team. Benefit of that is that you plan the game in advance, so if you have a couple of hours free ever (4 am to 6 am? ;)) you can say "I need to play there" and your opponent (if you are lucky) plays then too.

(If you need really weird times you might consider playing in a league where those odd times are "afternoon" because the league mostly caters to another continent than yours)

-

Oh, and "welcome". :)

Mico Selva

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
When I saw the title of Your thread, I was briefly worried that Heart of Gold's main computer joined our forums.

Luckily this is not the case. Welcome and good luck on the pitch. :)

Ging

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Ging
Country Flag
So CTA (for pick-up games) and Naggaroth (for Matchmaking) - or join a private league with weekly games (like CC) with a rookie team. Benefit of that is that you plan the game in advance, so if you have a couple of hours free ever (4 am to 6 am? ;)) you can say "I need to play there" and your opponent (if you are lucky) plays then too.

Thanks Nikolai, if I know I'm going to have enough time on a Fri or Sat evening (from about 9pm GMT) I'll post on the CTA thread in advance (once I've registered a team!).
If there's nothing doing, then I may try Naggaroth.

I also need to try out a bashy team against the AI to get a tiny idea of how they play. I like the look of those Necro chaps.

On the subject of the Crunch Cup, roughly how often does a new season start? I see the current one is up to match day 6.

Last edited:

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
I'd guess it's about six weeks left until the next CC, but it's 1½ weeks left until most teams are knocked out and ready to find new employment. So then it might be easy (easier) to find games in CTA.

Last edited: