1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Dionysian, Jan 21, 2013.

1. Dionysian

Dionysian Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Joined here 2 mths ago after GB crowdsurfed half my team in a match and was then nice enough to explain to me how to prevent this happening in future. Figured I should start posting after hearing several times since this was the friendliest and best bb community.

I don't have much bb experience, only stumbling across blood bowl a couple of months ago, but I play games for a living (and have been playing a couple of cyanide games a day on average) so am improving steadily.

2. Netsmurf

Netsmurf Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    What games do you play for a living:confused: Sounds like a dream job. Welcome here, we are indeed the friendliest BB site around. We even smile when we kill your players:D

Join the Crunch them all league to get some games against us. We also have a cup run by GB. You can play up to six games in the CTA with a team and then still enter a Crunch Cup with that team.

Ohh and dont believe them when they say killing is my business - I only kill for fun;)

3. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Welcome to the forums. I hope we'll live up to your expectations. Just don't talk about mercy with the Smurf - he's gone a bit fanatic about his killing lately (or he's just found the "Sizes" tag - I'm not sure which ;))

4. Dionysian

Country Flag:
    smurf, strictly speaking I'm a professional gambler but sports betting makes up such a low % of my income that essentially I'm just playing games (mostly poker, some backgammon, magic, chess, etc). Which is how I stumbled on bloodbowl. 3am at a poker tournament and I'm somehow involved in a monopoly game at medium stakes and I lament the fact that every game I play nowadays has money riding on the outcome. Someone suggests bloodbowl as a game too unbalanced to accommodate much money action. The risk management aspects came easily to me, some of the deeper positioning concerns less so, but I enjoyed it and my new obsession was born. I mean I'd still play bloodbowl if it somehow become a balanced e-sport, but I love it the way it is.

I put an orc team in CTA when I joined. I played a game against crimsonsun's norse in early dec, but that's all. I'll make sure I check that tab more regularly to see if people are on.

5. danton

danton Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    danton
    Country Flag:
    Nice! Welcome to the forums.

Do you only play chess online, or do you play competitions over the board too? I used to play a lot of chess at amateur level and played in a lot of tournaments and team leagues in different countries for a number of years. Chess obsession makes BB obsession look like child's play! :D

6. Dionysian

Country Flag:
    i know what you mean about chess obsession. I got a little lost in the black and white squares while ostensibly reading economics at Sheffield in the late 90s. I haven't been to an actual congress in over a decade now. I'm hoping to get to one this year (tho I've been 'hoping to make time' for a few years now), but attending my first tabletop bloodbowl tourney is higher up the to-do list. I'm in the middle of a dodgy novice paint job on the orcs and humans that come in the box (which I guess is what they're there for), and will then choose a team to do properly (ie - in a manner that doesn't look like a 3 year old went crazy)

7. danton

danton Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    danton
    Country Flag:
    Yeah, I got seriously into chess when at Uni in Bristol. Played for the Uni team and in the local Congresses. Then played for a club in London for a number of years. Also represented an Irish club for a year as well as a club in Barcelona for 3 or 4 years!

Was never particularly good though. My highest BCF grade was around 155 and later on I had an Elo grade around 2000 iirc. Have only been playing the occasional speed chess game online during the last 8 years or so though.

8. Netsmurf

Netsmurf Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    Dionysian, if you dont mind travelling then come to Denmark in May, the Danish open is played during May 18/19 somewhere in Jutland - details to come:powdodge: